Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

I punch mobs.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I know the guy who invented the bard swarm kiting back in the days, he plays on this server.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know the guy who invented the bard swarm kiting back in the days, he plays on this server.
I'm not sure anyone can claim to have 'invented' it. More than a decade ago I picked up on the concept spontaneously without having been taught how to do it by anyone. I'm sure there were dozens or hundreds of folks who figured it out or did it before me, many of them simply looked at the song and got the bright idea.

Yeah there was probably a "first" person, but anyone who claims to have 'invented' it likely was not the first.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure anyone can claim to have 'invented' it. More than a decade ago I picked up on the concept spontaneously without having been taught how to do it by anyone. I'm sure there were dozens or hundreds of folks who figured it out or did it before me, many of them simply looked at the song and got the bright idea.

Yeah there was probably a "first" person, but anyone who claims to have 'invented' it likely was not the first.
I invented bard fear kiting back in the day. My best friend ranger and I would go out fighting. One day I tried the song because I thought it could be useful. It was! If you guys have questions about fear kiting duo with ranger, send me a message.

(on a funny side note, on live i always duo'd with a ranger and we both quit before 32 because of how slow the game was/our parents didn't want to pay monthly for a game)
Old 11-17-2015, 02:47 AM
Kobold

bumping thread so it'll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and probably way late answer this but playing a bard lately:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_wifty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, I did 11-14.75 last night in EK. Leveling is much faster since the patch.

Does anyone have any good places to go from 15-18? I need some place before I move to the OT.
I've been doing gnolls in EK since 15 (about to hit 20). There be about 12 spawns, one of them starts a huge patrol as soon as he spawns go need to catch him before he wanders off. They switch to undead gnolls a bit after 8pm server time and then back to normal at 7am so plan kites accordingly.

Not big kites by any standards but still learning, using this method by Tryndal that was posted a while back except I'm using that free floating 3rd person camera view, my connection is wonky and if I try the no selo's/strafe thing I get eaten.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 PM
Kobold

finally got that strafe method down from OP's videos, and confirmed my internet won't let me do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] random frame skipping/packet loss/lag spike or something all the time and splat splat splat
Old 12-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

FINALLY am able to do it with the level 2 song, since I don't have the 18 song yet. That was a very rewarding moment killing my first pack of 10 mobs. Anyways, question, when I'm using right click to drive, I can only turn to a maximum of 180 degrees on either side, and then I have to let go and reclick if I want to turn further, this obviously makes it a little unsafe at those moments, is there any setting to to disable the 180 degree limit on mouse look?
Old 12-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Any advice for jboot users?
Old 12-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any advice for jboot users?
Just need to make tighter circles if you use selo or jboots
Old 12-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECDubz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just need to make tighter circles if you use selo or jboots
Is this for strafers or tap-turners? Its been 4-5 years now since I was leveling, but as a tap-turner I thought the circles got tighter as my speed increased. The circles eventually got so tight I had to stop equipping a drum and by ~40 I was even keeping myself slightly encumbered to slow Selos down, otherwise the circles were too tight for me to manage well enough to net positive experience.

My thoughts would be that while Selos gets faster every level, Jboots are a modifier, unaffected by levels. This should make the timing much easier to learn/manage, as it will not change between kites/levels. Once you've learned your groove, jboots allows you to keep it for all levels. The only thing to learn will be your swarm's hitboxes as you move from one type of mob or zone to the next.
Closed Thread