Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How come Patriam? Just one of those parts that's hard to make gains on? Genetics..... Bah humbug...
Idk man. I’ve started doing chin-ups way more often to try and rectify the problem. We shall see

But yeah, I do not gain biceps
Old 02-21-2019, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk man. I’ve started doing chin-ups way more often to try and rectify the problem. We shall see

But yeah, I do not gain biceps
Haha the struggle is real for us all.. My stubborn area- Calves.....
Old 02-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha the struggle is real for us all.. My stubborn area- Calves.....
10 minutes a day works

you just gotta do it every day

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 minutes a day works

you just gotta do it every day
What about biceps?
Old 02-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about biceps?

Wrist size predicts bicep size. Some can't get huge biceps. I know professional bodybuilders like smaller wrists to create the illusion of bigger biceps -- but they grow their mussels way bigger than normal in the fitness world.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrist size predicts bicep size. Some can't get huge biceps. I know professional bodybuilders like smaller wrists to create the illusion of bigger biceps -- but they grow their mussels way bigger than normal in the fitness world.
This isn't true at all. My wrists are tiny and I have nice size biceps. They'll grow just like any other muscle. You just have to work them right.

Quote:
What about biceps?
Stretch well on arm day.

Do arms in one day (tris and bis) and do them before back day. Back uses a lot of bicep, so I would do that after to focus energy on your bis. I would do chest before arms (tris) if you're looking to grow your chest.

Start off with heavy weight, low rep dumbbell curls on the arm curl bench. 5-6 reps is fine. Keep increasing until you can only do 1 rep. Cheat a little with the other arm if you need to help yourself pull up the weight to get that last rep. Increase weight every 1-2 weeks.

Do barbell curls, hammers, and concentrated to finish.

On back day do heavy reverse grip barbell row and seated row.

Eat. You need to eat to grow.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true at all. My wrists are tiny and I have nice size biceps. They'll grow just like any other muscle. You just have to work them right.

Stretch well on arm day.

Do arms in one day (tris and bis) and do them before back day. Back uses a lot of bicep, so I would do that after to focus energy on your bis. I would do chest before arms (tris) if you're looking to grow your chest.

Start off with heavy weight, low rep dumbbell curls on the arm curl bench. 5-6 reps is fine. Keep increasing until you can only do 1 rep. Cheat a little with the other arm if you need to help yourself pull up the weight to get that last rep. Increase weight every 1-2 weeks.

Do barbell curls, hammers, and concentrated to finish.

On back day do heavy reverse grip barbell row and seated row.

Eat. You need to eat to grow.
Thanks buddy

Saving your post. I had been doing chest, back, arm day in that order, followed by legs. I’ll do yours instead
Old 02-24-2019, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Two bodybuilding principles for any muscle also apply to biceps: 1) training through the extremities of the movement (fully lengthened position to the fully shortened position) and 2) maintaining tension on the desired muscle. Easy way to help maintain tension is using the preacher curl bench. Standing with a 90 lb ez curl bar swinging your hips to get the weight up will do nothing to grow biceps.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Chugged a bang driving to the gym. Drove 80 in a 30. Trying meads workout

gAiNZ
Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Chugged a bang driving to the gym. Drove 80 in a 30. Trying meads workout

gAiNZ
Go get it Patriam!
Closed Thread