Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-06-2022, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am tryng to have a discussion
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 09-06-2022, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing I stated is that calculated dps gets weird when you compile dozens of fights. It can log a lot of time not spent fighting and drag down everyone’s dps. It is still useful for comparison sake ie relative dps of one player compared to another.

I acknowledged this with the posting of the very first parse.

The data isn’t wrong, you just have to understand the break point and work within the confines of this issue. This is also why I broke out a good sampling of those dozens of fights to demonstrate that. Fights which DSM has summarily ignored because it doesn’t fit his narrative. Individual fights are generally as close to 100% accurate as is possible.
Thanks for a fairly civil post this time.

The thing you don't understand about your own data is you haven't given us all of the individual fights. Because of this, we cannot prove your claim that the average DPS on the top image is incorrect (you are claiming your average DPS is higher than the total of 79). Giving out a few individual fights does not reflect the average DPS you are actually doing. I could also play in a group for hours and cherry pick the best data.

The other problem is you are constrained by mana. For your specific group situation, we need to know the average downtime you had between fights. That determines how much mana the Shaman can spend/recover compared to a Mage. Since you haven't provided that data, we have to make assumptions. You simply have too many gaps in your data for us to just use it verbatim.

At absolute minimum you need to provide the data for all of the fights, so we can do the average ourselves. Otherwise, you data is simply incomplete, and we can't use it effectively.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing you don't understand about your own data is you haven't given us all of the individual fights.
Says the "conversation participant" who has provided ZERO data of any individual fights which include his Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing you don't seem to understand (or are misconstruing your true understanding of) is that you have provided zero individual fights which include your Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group.

Quote:
Because of this, we cannot prove your claim that the average DPS on the top image is incorrect (you are claiming your average DPS is higher than the total of 79). Giving out a few individual fights does not reflect the average DPS you are actually doing. I could also play in a group for hours and cherry pick the best data.
You giving out a few individual SOLO root-rotting math napkin posts does not reflect the average DPS you are actually doing as part of a high level fast-paced killing DPS group (as has been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple people). This really isn't hard hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes, you COULD play for hours and cherry pick the best data, but why would you do that? Are you suggesting Troxx has done that - and if not, why are you bringing it up / using it to seemingly avoid having to provide the relevant/requested data? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Since you haven't provided that data, we have to make assumptions. You simply have too many gaps in your data for us to just use it verbatim.
You have not provided the requested/relevant data (despite 700 posts), are we to assume that you will provide it at some point in the future?

Quote:
At absolute minimum you need to provide the data for all of the fights, so we can do the average ourselves. Otherwise, you data is simply incomplete, and we can't use it effectively.
Again, as has been stated to you multiple times by multiple people, you have provided zero evidence/data of your Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group. I present the entirety of this thread, but specifically the posts that you have ignored, misunderstood or misconstrued (intentionally or otherwise) as evidence of the irrefutable fact that this has been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple people.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-06-2022 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-06-2022, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

God I wish I had a 60 mage to post a metric fuckton of data showing what we all know to be true. It's too bad P99 doesn't have test dummies for DPS benchmarking.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God I wish I had a 60 mage to post a metric fuckton of data showing what we all know to be true. It's too bad P99 doesn't have test dummies for DPS benchmarking.
I wish you did too. It would be much more productive than trolling, and everybody would learn something. I honestly wish you can prove me wrong if you are correct. I don't care who is right. I simply do not concede to trolling and "I am right, you are wrong" arguments. So far the data isn't really in the favor of Mages.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-06-2022 at 04:41 PM..
Old 09-06-2022, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I don't care who is right.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2022, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

So far the data is garbage and not applicable to the question being asked so unfortunately you don't really have a good leg to stand on and you're in the position of trying to argue against common sense which requires greater than average proof which you haven't even come close to providing. Many many people have explained this to you and you ignore it and repeat the same 5 things over and over about how everyone is trolling and only you post data.etc but refuse to acknowledge your data is bad and isn't the data needed to prove the point you're trying to make. I can post a bunch of irrelevant data too but that doesn't prove anything so I choose not to do that. I wish you would do the same.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far the data is garbage and not applicable to the question being asked so unfortunately you don't really have a good leg to stand on and you're in the position of trying to argue against common sense which requires greater than average proof which you haven't even come close to providing. Many many people have explained this to you and you ignore it and repeat the same 5 things over and over about how everyone is trolling and only you post data.etc but refuse to acknowledge your data is bad and isn't the data needed to prove the point you're trying to make. I can post a bunch of irrelevant data too but that doesn't prove anything so I choose not to do that. I wish you would do the same.
Claiming the data is garbage means nothing because you can't explain why that is.

I could do the same thing to you, and we wouldn't make any progress to discovering the truth.

Saying "your data is bad" without evidence is your "I am right, you are wrong" argument.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

It's been explained why your data isn't relevant probably a dozen times now and you don't acknowledge it. Or if you do acknowledge it you just say dumb shit about how soloing is the same thing as DPSing in a fast killing group environment. Why bother trying to explain it again? Either go get data from a similar environment (2 charm pets. Chain pulling group) or shut up. Your solo data is trash and doesn't answer the question.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's been explained why your data isn't relevant probably a dozen times now and you don't acknowledge it. Or if you do acknowledge it you just say dumb shit about how soloing is the same thing as DPSing in a fast killing group environment. Why bother trying to explain it again?
It hasn't been explained at all. You simply don't like the data, so you keep trolling and saying it's bad.

You have no evidence to show why killing in a group invalidates data gathered while solo.

If your group does 100 DPS on average, a mob with 8000 HP dies in 80 seconds.

If you can do 100 DPS on average solo, a mob with 8000 HP also dies in 80 seconds.

You recover a fixed amount of mana per hour, both solo and grouped. The maximum amount of mana you have available per hour doesn't change.