Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The irony,

Online cartoon Pepe the Frog has been added to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)'s database of hate symbols.

Other logos cited as offensive by the ADL include the Swastika and the "Blood Drop Cross" of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).

Not everyday your avatar gets grouped with the very thing you complain others are forcing on to you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ADL is an extension of the state which you purportedly despise as being racist, oppressive, and unjust like a nigardly pet owner rotating it's preference for feeding one dog while the other starves, keeping each dog on the brink of starvation as it suits the building a cycle of resentment and division between each dog.

When you talk about your disdain for "rich, white, men", is that specifically the Christian ones? Or is it just yesterday's government-faced variety?
Last edited by Landroval; 07-15-2023 at 01:00 AM..
Old 07-15-2023, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EphemrAlizondo assigning labels (that no one cares about) to people. That'll leave a mark...
Short contradictory catch phrases denote high T alpha (untested, unreliable product) male. Hehe, I kill me.
Measure of testosterone is obviously a true measure of manlyness.
Oops, /sarcasm OFF
bayda.jpg
Old 07-15-2023, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use your words!
Point on the Pikachu toy where the naughty Gamma corrected bad man touched you.
Old 07-15-2023, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Virtue signaling Hollywood perfectly willing to let their college-educated, probably mostly democrat writers starve and lose their homes, waiting out their resources like it’s a castle siege

I’ll be sure to listen to Hollywood lecture me on what mainstream media and the DNC tells them is “virtuous” though. They are our moral compass after all

This doesn’t change the fact that most modern writers are garbage at their jobs. So this is like a contest of who can be shittier, the writers’ competence or the industry’s morals
fuck those writers. Tv has been terrible for like 2 decades now. shit was better written in the 90s.

just put Aaron Sorkin in a room with a pile of cocaine and let the magic happen.
Old 07-15-2023, 08:42 AM
Kobold

The last time there was a strike in Hollywood, we got a wave of reality TV as a result, including The Apprentice. This put Trump in the national spotlight again, and ultimately led to him becoming president. Wonder who the future president will be as a result of this one. Fran Drescher maybe?
Old 07-15-2023, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just put Aaron Sorkin in a room with a pile of cocaine and let the magic happen.
Sorkin is terrible and dishonest, replace that hack with an AI and give the cocaine to Tommy Wiseau, at least he's funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most "Hollywood writers", whatever that is, could retire today and be completely comfortable if they adjusted their lifestyle / moved to a different state and just chilled.

Awful look for unions here. They're doing the Botten dishonesty thing I guess.
Yeah but you already hate unions. The union rep guy I heard an interview with claimed that for every rich one there's a hundred broke ones.
Last edited by Origen; 07-15-2023 at 08:55 AM..
Old 07-15-2023, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorkin is terrible and dishonest, replace that hack with an AI and give the cocaine to Tommy Wiseau, at least he's funny

Yeah but you already hate unions. The union rep guy I heard an interview with claimed that for every rich one there's a hundred broke ones.
Like to make fun of is not the same as hate.

I'm a size 10 concrete shoes, by the way. 😴🐟
Old 07-15-2023, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last time there was a strike in Hollywood, we got a wave of reality TV as a result, including The Apprentice. This put Trump in the national spotlight again, and ultimately led to him becoming president. Wonder who the future president will be as a result of this one. Fran Drescher maybe?
I am so busy with work sometimes like others I mind numbingly just use one of the platforms like YouTube, TikTok, Twitch or Instagram.

Many believe those platforms just have exploited teens and no content but you would be surprised.

Next stars are probably on these platforms and making much more money compared to TV and movie actors/writers.

As far as my concerns are - recent movies have been mediocre or bad. The New Starwars movies were absolutely horrible. Only series that had my attention was Game of Thrones but that sadly had a terrible ending. Even StarTrek needs some real help. I miss House and Scrubs.

AI is the future. The art world has been hit harder. Actors and writers will need to live along with this new technology. IÂ’m using it for precision medicine and next-generation protein sequencing. We have lost staff to AI too. Not to be coldhearted, but maybe itÂ’s time to think about national unemployed pay (outside of social security). I see other nations are experimenting with it.
Old 07-15-2023, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck those writers. Tv has been terrible for like 2 decades now. shit was better written in the 90s.

Yeah but then Kevin Spacey walks in after Aaron has you nice and numb.

Pity about Kevin. He was a ferocious actor in some of his movies, really mindblowing.

But then he decided to do rapes. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2023, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Watching AI take over art and music while humans continue to work menial service jobs was definitely not the direction I expected progress to take us, but here we are.
Closed Thread