Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-28-2023, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me know if I can explain that one after MacroTaunt.
I don't think that people need more nonsensical posting from you right now. You clearly aren't here to have a real discussion. You should learn to not be such a sore loser.

Just remember for MacroTaunt you shouldn't use it when the mob is out of melee range, or you will put taunt on cooldown and get the "out of range" message. Have fun with your new macro!
Old 11-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think that people need more nonsensical posting from you right now. You clearly aren't here to have a real discussion. You should learn to not be such a sore loser.

Just remember for MacroTaunt you shouldn't use it when the mob is out of melee range, or you will put taunt on cooldown and get the "out of range" message. Have fun with your new macro!
Why do you think I would use it out of range? I've tanked every epic mob outside the Queen in Chardok. Also quite a bit of stuff in ToV. Ever tanked an unslowed flurry drake?

Just because I have a spell linked to a button I normally never use doesn't mean I cant cast a spell without hitting the button. I'm a high-functioning EQ player, I can choose which button to push and when to push it.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you think I would use it out of range? I've tanked every epic mob outside the Queen in Chardok. Also quite a bit of stuff in ToV. Ever tanked an unslowed flurry drake?

Just because I have a spell linked to a button I normally never use doesn't mean I cant cast a spell without hitting the button. I'm a high-functioning EQ player, I can choose which button to push and when to push it.
Glad to hear you are good at the game! I have no reason to doubt your skills. Unlike yourself, I don't use the "you're a bad player, therefore..." argument to try and win debates.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:13 AM
Fire Giant

But you do use the "you are a troll" argument, don't you?

Bcbrown actually gave some effort, and you repeated calling him a troll.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you do use the "you are a troll" argument, don't you?
You are factually a troll. It's not an argument. 85% of your post history is literally just insulting people. Well over 400 of your posts. You did this to yourself, and your post history is available for everyone to see. People don't have to take my word for it.

Don't blame me for your actions. You earned the title of troll. I still think you can redeem yourself, you just need to stop making posts like this.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-29-2023 at 12:51 AM..
Old 11-29-2023, 03:55 AM
Kobold

Glad we all agree that using taunt as and when needed it thr best move.
Old 11-29-2023, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are factually a troll. It's not an argument. 85% of your post history is literally just insulting people. Well over 400 of your posts. You did this to yourself, and your post history is available for everyone to see. People don't have to take my word for it.

Don't blame me for your actions. You earned the title of troll. I still think you can redeem yourself, you just need to stop making posts like this.
Case in point.

Calling me a troll, even claiming that it's "factual", in order to shut down a conversation is just a pathetic ad hominem.

You can stop making posts that are widely regarded as unintelligent and unfounded, but alas, here we are.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm sorry mate. DSM will never agree to that.
You must be new here.
We still have many pages of "no im not you are" to go. Multiple uses of the words factually and math and the terms stop trolling! I have faith in you and stop giving newbies Le bad info. You see, hes just trying to save us all.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, we all agree on that. Nobody in this thread ever said otherwise lol. This thread is a classic example of trolls like yourself getting worked up over strawman arguments fabricated out of thin air.

Showing the benefits of spamming taunt is not the equivalent to saying one strategy is better than the other. I simply disproved the basleless claim that spamming taunt has no value, or has a significant opportunity cost here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=140 .

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=14 My position on page 2 is the same one I have been saying this entire time. Please learn read what people are saying. Also learn to stop trolling.

Spamming taunt and saving taunt are both viable strategies. With that being said, taunt shouldn't be relied upon in the first place.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-29-2023 at 09:36 AM..
Old 11-29-2023, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

look at this dude, just unhinged on his 18th page, lawl