Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-06-2023, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you be willing to repeat this with Avatar?
I had it loaded but frankly couldn’t do another 16 mins.

Logically nobody will Avatar a summoned pet so perhaps that’s for an enchanter/shaman to figure out. Even asking for SoN and CoTP is a tall ask considering how few rangers tend to be at raids and are hard pressed to get all the melees.

Not saying it shouldn’t be done. Just gonna let someone else do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-06-2023 at 06:30 PM..
Old 11-06-2023, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

How did you never see a max hit in nearly 1700 seconds of fighting?

That’s weird.

And interesting.

I am at run over to Shady on my 60 shaman later tonight if I have the time.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-06-2023, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

He’s got pretty nasty AC. Not like Lucan but there is some weird mojo going on.

It’s possible on normal stuff there would be a better spread. I just didn’t know of a target nearby. Maybe like one of those lvl 50 giants in the Frontier Mountains cave?
Old 11-06-2023, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

I may run*

God I hate iPhone autocorrect

FM giants should be a good option. They don’t have funky ac or anything else weird that I can remember.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you never see a max hit in nearly 1700 seconds of fighting?

That’s weird.

And interesting.

I am at run over to Shady on my 60 shaman later tonight if I have the time.
I believe that when AC is sufficiently higher than ATK, you start to lose max hits from the damage interval calc. At the maximum case of infinite AC, I believe you approach 1/2 normal max damage as the max possible.

IIRC from reading hte code, its something like you roll ATK vs. opponents's AC, then you do your roll - opponent's roll. Then you multiply by 20 and divide by the average of opponent's AC + ATK. Add 10, divide by 10, clamp between 0.1 and 2.0, and that's your multiplier. Then you do damage bonus.

So if you have AC 100 and ATK 20, the most you could do is roll a 20 while the opponent rolls a 1. You do 20 * 20 = 400 / (Avg 20 and 100) = 400/60 = 6. 6 + 10 = 16/10 = 1.6 is your max multipler, when it would normally be 2.0.

I remember doing analysis when we used Yetarr vs. Avatar of War, and noted he never max hit. He had 540 hits over the fight, but max hit for 379 when he usually hits for 430. Further analysis showed the top 3 damage intervals were missing, he only hit for 17 distinct values instead of 20.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 11-07-2023, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had it loaded but frankly couldn’t do another 16 mins.

Logically nobody will Avatar a summoned pet so perhaps that’s for an enchanter/shaman to figure out. Even asking for SoN and CoTP is a tall ask considering how few rangers tend to be at raids and are hard pressed to get all the melees.

Not saying it shouldn’t be done. Just gonna let someone else do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love CoTP/SoNing pets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-07-2023, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

The shady parse shows a 5% improvement in max hit and average hit. I think looking at things like average hit, max hit and frequency of max hit is more useful than total damage or dps in these situations as it better controls variables of missed rounds due to stun, double/quad attacks rates, miss rates, etc

Old 11-09-2023, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

I’m still planning on investigating this shady phenomenon. I have a 4 day weekend so ample time. Can hammer after and test those named giants in FM tunnel after for comparison.

Old 11-09-2023, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m still planning on investigating this shady phenomenon. I have a 4 day weekend so ample time. Can hammer after and test those named giants in FM tunnel after for comparison.
Yeah, but do consider shady is a mob that gets killed just about never so it isn’t a realistic parse. Ideally parses would be on mobs killed for xp/raid/solo or mobs which perform similarly to those targets. Shady is pretty exceptional.

Old 11-09-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but do consider shady is a mob that gets killed just about never so it isn’t a realistic parse. Ideally parses would be on mobs killed for xp/raid/solo or mobs which perform similarly to those targets. Shady is pretty exceptional.
Yeah I wonder if Merchants have other special properties besides not giving experience and not social aggroing. Since they already have some unique properties, they may not be good parse targets if they have some sort of special defense modifier to make them harder to kill. I am just guessing though, I haven't looked through the NPC flags in the EQEMU code.

Quote:
Those should be good targets. I am interested in seeing the results! Only downside with them is they are often camped.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-09-2023 at 12:58 PM..