Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-27-2024, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The word legitimately has no meaning anymore. What is a "troll" other than a person getting exasperated with your behaviour?
You know what a troll is, right? It's a person deliberately trying to be incendiary for amusement -- not a person calling you an idiot because they're angry with you.

You can argue that is misconduct, but it is not automatically "trolling". "Trolling" is a very subjective term to begin with, and it can be used in the same manner as "I'm offended" to shut down a conversation the person does not like.

I don't even know why I'm saying this anymore. Maybe I hope the moderators can finally recognise that you are so willfully obtuse that you can no longer be shielded by "innocence" and remove you.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what a troll is, right? It's a person deliberately trying to be incendiary for amusement -- not a person calling you an idiot because they're angry with you.

You can argue that is misconduct, but it is not automatically "trolling". "Trolling" is a very subjective term to begin with, and it can be used in the same manner as "I'm offended" to shut down a conversation the person does not like.

I don't even know why I'm saying this anymore. Maybe I hope the moderators can finally recognise that you are so willfully obtuse that you can no longer be shielded by "innocence" and remove you.
It is amazing you try to define trolling while simultaneously claiming that trolling is so subjective it's hard to define in the same post.

As you can see, he doesn't understand how trolling works, and thus cannot see how he is the troll.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(slang)

Here is the definition. When you lie about other posters and attack them with off topic nonsense, those are two clearly defined examples of trolling. You are doing this in an attempt to manipulate the perception of others to discredit me. You do this because you cannot win a debate via facts and logic.

If you could win the debate correctly, this wouldn't be neccessary.

It is also amazing that you think I am the one trying to shut down conversation, when you are the one actively asking for me to be banned lol. You are the censor here, not me.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 01:44 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

autobot DSM preparing the cum cannons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The forum has a feature where you can see past edits. If you think I am trying to edit posts before that occurs to manipulate others, that is just silly. I edit my posts to make them more clear. It isn't my fault the forums have a delay on the edit history feature.
Are you saying it is possible to see prior versions of a post pre-edit? I don't know about that, how does it work?
Fire Giant

You know, one time on the Blizzard forums, I accused (rightfully so) Blizzard of hiring paid shills to control dissent. I was then banned for "trolling".

It's subjective, because you can't objectively prove a person is being inflammatory for the mere sake of it. It's often just an excuse to be malevolent yourself. The Wikipedia article you linked even says it is subjective.

So, how can you prove that a person insulting you is doing so out of some desire to frustrate you, rather than them being frustrated with you?

Let me talk to this invisible audience for a second! As you can see, DSM has failed to demonstrate his points, and resorts to underhanded tactics. This demonstrates that should not be granted respect.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

back in my day trolling was an art form

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying it is possible to see prior versions of a post pre-edit? I don't know about that, how does it work?
Not at all. You need to read my post again. You have a bad habit misreading posts.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, one time on the Blizzard forums, I accused (rightfully so) Blizzard of hiring paid shills to control dissent. I was then banned for "trolling".
If you acted the way you do here on the Blizzard forums, I can see why they banned you. Over 80% of your posts here are off-topic insults and lies. That is typically against ToS, including on the P99 forums.

When was the last time you posted on-topic in a neutral or positive way?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 01:56 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Damn! You picked out the tidbit about my time on Blizzard forums, and decided to ignore the rest of my post? Why am I not surprised?

It's almost like you don't want to recognise you lost another argument, correct?
Old 02-27-2024, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Damn! You picked out the tidbit about my time on Blizzard forums, and decided to ignore the rest of my post? Why am I not surprised?

It's almost like you don't want to recognise you lost another argument, correct?
As you can see, he cannot rebut my point about his proven bad behavior. Let's take a look at another part of your post:

Quote:
So, how can you prove that a person insulting you is doing so out of some desire to frustrate you, rather than them being frustrated with you?
Using this logic, you cannot prove I am some malicious solopsist or whatever nonsense you believe. Nobody can definitievely prove what another person is thinking, as that information is inaccessible.

I can prove someone has a pattern of trolling behavior via the post history. Over 80% of your posts are attacking me, while completely ignoring the topic at hand. I never start this. You are always the one to instigate these back and forths.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 02:03 PM..