Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Fire Giant

There is a few people crying about stuns but I don't see any proof for their crying. I've tested my two stuns a lot and they are resisting 24/7, does some other stuns have a -MR check or what? If you read the description on the Wizard stuns then it says 5 seconds and 10 second duration and yet they only last 1-1.5 sec and 2-2.5 sec in PVP. What's the problem exactly with other stuns? I've asked about it before but no one can answer beside that "STUNS LANDS TO MUCH"
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

I think Null posted a parse of casting a 1000 stuns. I wouldn't consider him a nobody.

I don't see why we can't go with classic stun/root/snare rates. Lot of arm chair makers up of shit in here.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Got hit for 815 by two ice comets in a row last night, with 96 MR. Hot damn! That felt good.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Oh I missed that post.

Looks fine to me. All regular stuns last so damn short I don't think their duration should be lowered when you have higher MR. Not like any of them beside Whirl last more then 2-3 seconds at most, rite? Which is like no time at all in EQ.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Whirl shouldn't land and rarely even still on base MR, stuns really shouldn't on higher than like 40mr.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got hit for 815 by two ice comets in a row last night, with 96 MR. Hot damn! That felt good.

ummmm

almost as dum as the ranger with 60 FR complaining to me that IceComet shuld never do so much damage with his uber resists.....
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure for Wizards, but how about Paladins and Clerics?
Then they load whatever stun is appropriate for whatever MR target they're casting against. If they're grouped, they might use the higher level stun to cast against malo'd/tashed targets. Both spells would still be useful.

You keep overlooking the fact that MR debuffs exist. The resist system needs to be designed around forcing people to use debuff spells to get any CC to land instead of not even bothering. It's dumb when every class in the game is landing CC spells under all conditions.

Magic resist debuff spells should get the 50% PvP server bonus and have CC spells resist much easier against non-debuffed opponents. Tash is 33 x 1.5 under this condition, which is a shit ton.

I'm not even going to bother playing on this server if the crowd control spells exceed anything more than the following:

- Crowd control resist rate capped at 90% for snare and root (not stun), and the cap is achieved by melees wearing only gear and no resist buffs, NOT casters self buffed with MR spells.

MR Resist Rate
-----------------
125 90% capped
100 75
75 50
50 25
25 0%

Let's say you hit the 90% resist rate at 125MR, then get tashed for 33x1.5 (with 50% PvP server debuff bonus). You now only resist 50% of snares and roots. This gives purpose to classes such as enchanters without screwing up the balance of the entire game by having CC spam work against non-debuffed people. Since level 60 shaman malo is 40x1.5, this effectively makes any magic resist up to 185 useful. I don't care if anything over 185MR is redundant, it's necessary for game balance for it to be that way. Few people will even break that in the first place.
Last edited by Nuk3Afr1ca; 11-11-2011 at 12:38 AM..
Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

Or, again, maybe stuns didn't work on live and didn't load them and they should be the same way here?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, again, maybe stuns didn't work on live and didn't load them and they should be the same way here?
I agree that we should use EQ live resists but Null is obsessed with implementing some custom system, so I posted the maximum amount of customization that I would deal with before I refuse to play on this server.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3Afr1ca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not even going to bother playing on this server if ...
OH NO, ANYTHING BUT THAT
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread