Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Could I join AM, be casual, open my mouth and have a silver spoon of pixels force fed into my mouth while i just sit afk/ logged out until someone else plays the competition game (fte/pulls/batphone)... Sure. But that sounds boring as hell. That sounds WORSE than rotation/instanced content to me. Could i be a competitive member of AM/Tempest? Sure... this game is more about game knowledge and time investment than skill. Anyone can do it. I just have a job/life and can't be on call 24/7 for elf pixels.

I might as well continue in a casual guild filled with friends and actually be a part of learning the fights, competing when we have time (with healthy boundaries for things like jobs/wives).
Currently only able to play that way seeing a small % of the content in the game (AM is still 24 hour socking CLASSIC raid mobs? really guys??) because A) I don't wont to be a cog in a dumb zerg guild and B) I'm locked out of the other content because i'm not up at 4 am in tov with 200 people logged out ready to pounce.

Current system is a joke, being defended by sickos (the "hardcore" people who want to compete by un-classically pulling dragons sometime in their unclassic 16 hour dragon windows [seeing who can track mobs 24/7 all day and night isn't being good or winning a competition, it's being mentally ill] ). Current status quo is also being defended by the warm bodies who see other guilds getting a chance at content a threat to their free pixels.

If there's not a change in the raid scene on this server then the majority of people in the top guilds [not the sickos] will continue to be do-nothing warm bodies happily content with being spoon-fed 20 year old content, smaller guilds with real lives will continue to be locked out of most of velious content. Could i go play another server if i don't like it here? Sure, point me to a server that is classic everquest/velious and has healthy raiding... I'm not sure one exists yet.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha... mine is the one from Lake Rathe. On Live in Velious I got bid up by my guildmates who knew I was going to blow all my DKP on Shovel of the Harvest. Worth it!
Haha so dope... Had to wiki that shovel. Haha let me ask you this.. Does it summon single foods, or a stack?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shovel_of_the_Harvest
Old 11-28-2018, 05:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could I join AM, be casual, open my mouth and have a silver spoon of pixels force fed into my mouth while i just sit afk/ logged out until someone else plays the competition game (fte/pulls/batphone)... Sure.

Voting no
Old 11-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Lawl
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 11-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha so dope... Had to wiki that shovel. Haha let me ask you this.. Does it summon single foods, or a stack?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shovel_of_the_Harvest
I can't remember, that was 17 years ago... it would be however the mage summon food spell works. Hit like a truck, though.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Banned

Oh its that strange black bread stuff!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could I join AM, be casual, open my mouth and have a silver spoon of pixels force fed into my mouth while i just sit afk/ logged out until someone else plays the competition game (fte/pulls/batphone)... Sure. But that sounds boring as hell. That sounds WORSE than rotation/instanced content to me. Could i be a competitive member of AM/Tempest? Sure... this game is more about game knowledge and time investment than skill. Anyone can do it. I just have a job/life and can't be on call 24/7 for elf pixels.
Nothing they do here is worse than instanced content, rotations are on the same side of that fence but not as far out.

fte/pulls/batphone: The only people having fun at the raid are the pull team. The rest of us are sitting behind a fire pot, listening to babel we have no part in, listening to bs about trains and the other guild getting trained/arguing about said trains/getting the pull. The resulting shitstorm of crying over TS/Dis about who fucked who and what should be done about it.. "DO THEY CONCEDE? WELL, DO THEY? OMG WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY HAVE FRAPS" ...to hell with a lame batphone. I am playing the game or I am doing something else.

You can emulate a 20 year old game but it only goes so far. Perhaps NTOV trash mobs should be tweaked a little but a crawl would at least be more engaging for the player. How many of you have actually been in NTOV with your character if you are not part of the pull team, I don't mean the zone in.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

I rant about classic shit a lot myself. There were no fraps, teamspeaks or discords in era.

In game chat or ICQ, if you had it set up an your computer could run the game and another program.

These days I can kick back at a boring camp and load up some shit on youtube to pass the time, something also that wasn't there in era. It was amazement enough just being in Norrath, being 18, looking at what kids were messing with on consoles with no internet connection, feeling L33T af.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Could i go play another server if i don't like it here? Sure, point me to a server that is classic everquest/velious and has healthy raiding... I'm not sure one exists yet.
Why limit yourself to Velious?

Velious sucks. If you want to raid, get yourself to a PoP emu. Forget about this trash. Some of you have been drinking the kool-ade so long you've forgotten how bad this game at Velious really is. Focus items. AA. Actual character progression. Raids with mechanics. These things actually existed in EQ. Whatever this is, you have to be seriously deluded to think this is good.

But yeah p99 has the biggest population. Guess what? That's part of the problem. In 2000 having 1200 people on a server was okay. In 2018 it's grossly overpopulated. EQ can't handle it. It's handled here by the dumbest set of raiding rules possible pushed by the dumbest guild leaders possible.

Get out there man. There's still fun EQ to be had, but p99 isn't it.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-2 quakes a week + no normal respawns + must kill all indoor mobs on spawn point seems like a reasonable start.
Closed Thread