Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Project 1999 has had to hodgepodge every aspect of the game play to emulate live. the systems aren't the same they are guessed based on logs when available. Logs only show frequency of breaks and stuff. Then they need to make a code that approximate that frequency and hope that it is close enough to actual.

They do their best. Enchys are strong here. For a long time rogues and monks and warriors could channel clickies and they were pretty much incredible. Still are, but even ore so.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:12 PM
Banned

I don’t care if they want to program in an artificial charm break every 3-5 minutes and say it’s based on people’s memories of live

My enchanter is level 40 with probably less than 5 days /played time. No doubt there’s enchanters on here who are already max or near max level, working on their epic, etc. Or ones trying to charm solo their way through a 50+ hell level. Those are the ones who are going to be fucked, and probably pretty disappointed

I would switch to Necro if they made chanters shit here based on some vague memory with no actual code to even use to emulate it. Or switch to a different game. Not a big deal
Old 05-13-2021, 07:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t care if they want to program in an artificial charm break every 3-5 minutes and say it’s based on people’s memories of live

My enchanter is level 40 with probably less than 5 days /played time. No doubt there’s enchanters on here who are already max or near max level, working on their epic, etc. Or ones trying to charm solo their way through a 50+ hell level. Those are the ones who are going to be fucked, and probably pretty disappointed

I would switch to Necro if they made chanters shit here based on some vague memory with no actual code to even use to emulate it. Or switch to a different game. Not a big deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come call me that to my face, I’m in AZ. We can make this not anonymous any time you want, champion. Have no problem getting more intimate
I’m from az I’ll get intimate with you, I can whisper way dirtier things in your ear then he can- but will you buy me dinner first?
Old 05-13-2021, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m from az I’ll get intimate with you, I can whisper way dirtier things in your ear then he can- but will you buy me dinner first?
Lol deal
Old 05-13-2021, 07:52 PM
Banned

i will fight everyone on this forum literally if they drive to my house
in a couple of weeks my parents will be out of town

let me know if u are interested
Old 05-13-2021, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will try to keep a better humor in our conversations going forward[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I clicked through the more guides link at the bottom of the page and reached a charming one: https://web.archive.org/web/20030508...EW.ASP?ID=3746
Right, and as I've said: people did charm in classic. That guide proves what we already knew: that charming was possible on live, just as it is here.

What I'm saying is that there were 20 guides on the page I linked, and as you found a whole bunch more on the rest of the site ... but you found one on charming. If live players had all the same tools back then we have now (and we agree: they did) ... and if it was as easy/safe/effective as it is here ... why wasn't it the topic of 50+% of the guides?

The reply here seems to be "on live, only one in a thousand ever tried using their class spells to get XP, and he had a terrible Internet connection" ... and there's absolutely some truth to that! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But it doesn't fully explain the gigantic delta between us and live: many did have stable connections, there were tons of guides, forum discussions, etc. about the best way to level ... but while charm is obviously better here, it was barely mentioned there. Why?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i will fight everyone on this forum literally if they drive to my house
in a couple of weeks my parents will be out of town

let me know if u are interested
First off, don’t give your house address to strangers on the internet. I would have picked a place in the area, probably at a boxing gym ideally, had you wanted to come to me

Secondly, it is kind of you to wait for the folks to leave. I would feel guilty beating you up in front of your mom. But if we meet at a gym, they wouldn’t be there anyway. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are taking care of them and that’s why you live with them

I don’t see it as worth the money to travel just for you but if you let me know the general area (don’t pick somewhere close if you are worried I’m a hackerman who would try to doxx) in the US, I’ll keep it in mind if I’m ever in the area. I wouldn’t get too excited tho, I rarely travel
Old 05-13-2021, 09:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And no one here is better than the top players in the live era. You'd lose to those guilds badly.
Not if you ban macros and interrupt-grade packet intercept scripts. Arthritis. I haven't been able to double click in 10 years.

Hook up some cortisone, then it's a go. You can do that, right?
Old 05-13-2021, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

I don't believe anything any general poster says here.

You're old. You don't remember how it was 20 years ago. Get over it.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

frozen moses on velious tactic disagree with you ,Guard farm with dual daggers for cash disagrees with you, charming the dwag of hhk to keep it locked says u wrong,.

just another retarded wich probably played warrior with dual lamys back in the day .
Closed Thread