Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Large Bat

ok, I found it. It was parallels "smartmouse" which uses some sort of algorithm to determine where the mouse is. It jumps all over the place, and is the bane of fps gamers too. I turned it off, smooth as butter, no more staring at the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma550 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys

newb here, I installed from these instructions on my rMPP. It works soso, I don't like the mouselook, so I tried it on parallels. It works better over there IMO.

what still gets me, and maybe this is just EQ behavior and I don't remember it, is sometimes I get into this wacky always mouselook state, which means while I am trying to loot I do this crazy nauseating disorienting spin and end up looking straight up.

Is there a way to make it never mouselook unless R Click is held down, or is this just a mac thing? I too am finding that when I get in this mode, sometimes I accelerate out of the window and lose focus too. It's a royal PITA.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had to update the wineskin and its wine tricks or whatever, because the one that comes with the download is not fully compatible with OSX 10.8.2

Try updating wineskin that should fix it, fixed it for me
wineskin winery is what was messed up. took a while to narrow that down. it wasnt pulling down new wine versions. i had to manually install them then update the wineskin in the package, works great now although i sometimes crash when zoning into high pop zones.

im also having an issue with mouselook that I haven't been able to resolve... the X axis look is effected by the mouselook sensitivity section but the Y axis is not
Old 03-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Large Rat

2. Extract the app into your Applications folder

I just got my mac air yesterday. I am not sure what step 2 means. I have copied the file to the applications folder. Before I got the entire eq directory copied over when I opened project 1999 it would open the wineskin options thing. Now that the entire eq directory is copied over from a working folder on my PC when I open project 1999 nothing really happens. If I try to open eqgame.exe with project 1999 nothing happens.

Not sure what to do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matasata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Extract the app into your Applications folder

I just got my mac air yesterday. I am not sure what step 2 means. I have copied the file to the applications folder. Before I got the entire eq directory copied over when I opened project 1999 it would open the wineskin options thing. Now that the entire eq directory is copied over from a working folder on my PC when I open project 1999 nothing really happens. If I try to open eqgame.exe with project 1999 nothing happens.

Not sure what to do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Step 2 just means to copy the file to the applications folder, which you did.

My daughter just loaded EQ on her mac, had issues, but figured it out. I didn't pay enough attention. I'll ask her to look at your question if no one answers prior.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Large Rat

Ok, been poking around learning a bit and I managed to update the wrapper. Now when I click to start project 1999 I get what looks like a window trying to open in the upper left corner. I also get a glimpse of what appears to the the little red/yellow/green dots in that flash of a window.

After that nothing happens but I can quit with out force quitting the app.

Still new to the whole mac thing but I am learning. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Large Rat

I did a test run and got this. I have no clue what it is, but I figured it wont hurt.

fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x8086 device_id=0x166 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32ebf0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x8086 device_id=0x166 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32eef0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:buffer_PreLoad Too many declaration changes or converting dynamic buffer, stopping converting
fixme:d3d:buffer_PreLoad Too many declaration changes or converting dynamic buffer, stopping converting
XIO: fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":4387"
after 6217 requests (6217 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

That is what happened to her also. I think it has to do with the resolution. I think if you search resolution in this forum you might find something helpful. Again, if not resolved I'll get you help later today.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Large Rat

I got it to work. I needed to redo the client.ini. I used the barebones posted here.
[Defaults]
WindowedModeXOffset=1
WindowedModeYOffset=1
WindowedMode=TRUE
[VideoMode]
Width=1024
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1024
HeightWindowed=768
WindowedWidth=1024
WindowedHeight=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

Than you Lyra for pointing me in the right direction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Not working on my brandnew Macbook Pro, did everything correctly from instructions. Copied my working EQEmu folder from my Win7 x64 desktop and when I try to run it, it puts it in the bottom bar and doesn't load anything. Going to sift through all of these posts I guess.

If anybody knows what the problem could be any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I updated Wineskin and still not working.
G Razamanaz [Mage]
R Aprisle Howlingwind [Druid]
Last edited by Aprisle; 04-07-2013 at 12:07 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

I updated Wineskin, now I'm getting hte problem Matasata had. It shows in top left corner, then flashes 3 colors real fast and crashes.

My error log looks like this:

Quote:
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x10de device_id=0xfd5 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32ebb4,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x10de device_id=0xfd5 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32eeb4,0x00000000), stub!
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1280x720x32 @0! (XRandR 1.2)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1280x720x32 @0! (XRandR 1.2)
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xfffffffc at address 0xf6f0ce (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:winedbg:dbg_handle_debug_event Unknown thread
err:winedbg:dbg_handle_debug_event 0008:0009: not a registered process or thread (perhaps a 16 bit one ?)
err:winedbg:dbg_handle_debug_event 0008:0009: not a registered process or thread (perhaps a 16 bit one ?)

does this line 5000 times^^
G Razamanaz [Mage]
R Aprisle Howlingwind [Druid]
Last edited by Aprisle; 04-07-2013 at 12:07 AM..