Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-22-2022, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I needed both in 2011, at least with how the guide was written then; forum posts from other people in 2011 and 2012 also talk about needing both. If you say you had a forum account 6 months after in 2009, then why are you not using it now? It's very curious, people who say they've be on p99 for a long time, and yet have recent join dates.

You are not qualified to be a judge of what is a very good gamer or not (and have no idea about me). I am a better player than you, as proven by the inane things you've written in multiple threads that are factually inferior gameplay. Sorry you're mad about having your actual shit talking being shot down. Be sure to make a video when you learn how to play Warrior properly with a 2-hander.
Emotional post... Funny how all this knowledge never helped you getting dirt napped on the red server every day.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Emotional post... Funny how all this knowledge never helped you getting dirt napped on the red server every day.
emotionaldamage.jpg
Old 10-22-2022, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

EmotetionalDamage.jpg
Donate now to EmotesCauseDamage.com.
Monthly, weekly or one time donations welcome.
#PledgeNow.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Back to ya great plan. Goodluck! No really.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny how all this knowledge never helped you getting dirt napped on the red server every day.
I had more kills on Red leaderboard than anyone, while being undergeared and with less days played, and didn't get dirt napped every day (although that's irrelevant anyway, because dying on purpose to push an enemy group out of an area is a valid strat; sorry you still don't understand strategy).
Old 10-23-2022, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had more kills on Red leaderboard than anyone, while being undergeared and with less days played, and didn't get dirt napped every day (although that's irrelevant anyway, because dying on purpose to push an enemy group out of an area is a valid strat; sorry you still don't understand strategy).
So you had the most kills while letting the enemy kill you because it was a valid strat. LOL!
Old 10-23-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Keep showing your lack of intelligence. When you're alone and an enemy group is trying to get into an area, committing to nuke them down and dying for it is beneficial. They are slowed down or completely stopped when they otherwise wouldn't be. What does it matter if I die? It's their progress being lost, not mine.

This is an especially ideal thing to do when you can get all your mana back right away after dying, which was formerly possible by drowning. As a Wizard I could constantly come back over and over and dump all my mana on people. This was absolutely perfect for controlling Seafury Isle, since the water and the people you want to kill are both right there. It's nearly instant recovery time and most people were forced to leave when they faced me, as they couldn't keep up with an infinite mana Wizard.

When you're in a guild with PvE'rs who are too scared too fight or too shit, then you may also find yourself taking the "aggro" of PvP, since it's better to divert the enemy attention away from the people who would otherwise get farmed.

Aside from that, I also simply went AFK a lot. Who cares about dying while AFK, it's meaningless when you're just sitting around doing nothing at your bind point, or when you can immediately port back to wherever.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Not to interrupt a lively forum war, but how does narandi’s lance compare with frostreaver for threat? Both weapons have virtually identical ratios and the lance has a DoT effect, which apparently is worth a fair bit of hate.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to interrupt a lively forum war, but how does narandi’s lance compare with frostreaver for threat? Both weapons have virtually identical ratios and the lance has a DoT effect, which apparently is worth a fair bit of hate.
Magic based dots are almost no hate, and none upfront. They land easy tho so you’re mainly picking up 6dps while it’s rolling and the hate that causes.

The Frostreaver has a stun component so even if it doesn’t land at all you get about 400 hate. 2ppm average would be over double the Narandi dot per minute even if it landed in the first swing.

Stuns (any duration), slows, blinds, ac debuffs, poison/disease counters are all normalized on blue to about 400 we seem to think. If the effect also lands damage initially or over time it’s extra hate.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magic based dots are almost no hate, and none upfront. They land easy tho so you’re mainly picking up 6dps while it’s rolling and the hate that causes.

The Frostreaver has a stun component so even if it doesn’t land at all you get about 400 hate. 2ppm average would be over double the Narandi dot per minute even if it landed in the first swing.

Stuns (any duration), slows, blinds, ac debuffs, poison/disease counters are all normalized on blue to about 400 we seem to think. If the effect also lands damage initially or over time it’s extra hate.
I see… it’s quite bizarre that a low damage poison effect causes significantly more threat than a magic DoT that’s much more damaging, but anyhoo. Not much of a point complaining about game design decisions that were made decades ago, I guess. :/