Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see that, but you haven't addressed my question... which is: how is this list any worse for a "common player" which you assert this list shuts out of the running.

You seem to be saying two things... that the list is bad because it allows people to do other things while remaining on it, but also that that somehow makes it so that the "common player" cannot get their RotA. I simply don't see how those two statements are compatible. I see the opposite... the list allows someone who would otherwise be completely shut out to have a small chance of being on at the right time with the right amount of time to be able to get a spawn.

At the very least, it's a wash:

No list - you show up and wait for as long as you can hoping to both get the camp and the spawn.

List - you get put on the list and hope that your turn comes up when you are on and have time.

Will the "list" be as long if there were no list? Absolutely not. Would it change anything for someone who only has a few hours a day to play? Again, no...not in any good way.

Barring other concerns (like when you can play), the only difference is that the list allows someone to play other aspects of the game while waiting for their turn at the camp. Go ahead and complain that the list allows that, but don't pretend that the list makes it worse for the "common player".
I'll simplify it for you: on blue, it took a night of playing EQ and checking in on the AC every now and then to get the camp, usually on off hours but not always. On green, you add yourself to a list of over 100 people who either aren't playing EQ at the moment or just added themselves for the hell of it because they don't have to put in any effort at all for an automatic 6,000 plat MQ oppo, in turn forcing everyone who actually needs boots have to wait days or weeks because auto-pilot farmers feel entitled to make their next withdrawal.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:58 PM
Aviak

You don't understand that the more organized/raid guilds are sharing accounts and batphoning/discord mentioning their pals when each other's names are near the top? You think this doesn't artificially inflate the list and slow it to a molasses pace for those of us who don't feel like being woken up at 3am for a cyclops, or don't want to share passwords with strangers?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"mOvEd tO rEsOlVeD"

Wowzers, so witty and edgy! I guess we're all done here - I'll make sure I "take what's rightfully mine" next time, and when the pimply pitchfork army chases me into the sunset of OOT, I'll also make sure to reference how you and the guy that made this list told me it was ok to do so.
Yes, and you'll be able to run from the completely imaginary army of people upset with you following the established rules into the sunset 35% more quickly.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand that the more organized/raid guilds are sharing accounts and batphoning/discord mentioning their pals when each other's names are near the top? You think this doesn't artificially inflate the list and slow it to a molasses pace for those of us who don't feel like being woken up at 3am for a cyclops, or don't want to share passwords with strangers?
Yes, and they will also do this on player run lists such as FBE. They do this on /lists. Do a /who on whose on those lists, it wont be surprising. You don't get away from it, so why not make it more manageable for all by having an always accessible publicly audit-able list?
Old 08-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Aviak

How are what the MQ farmers doing anything differently than you'd be doing following the same list ? If it's automatic and effortless seems like thats pretty attainable for whatever other class of player you are representing??
Old 08-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
If you don't have some bogus offline list, it will never grow to 100+ people, and you have to actually dedicate the time and effort required to get jboots, TO GET JBOOTS! In turn, this time-sink, working as intended, will discourage MOST farmers from wasting their time camping jboots for cash, because just like half a dozen snarky assholes before me stated: YOU CAN MAKE THE PLAT QUICKER SOMEWHERE ELSE.

What a concept. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but I promise kids, it's not opposite day; this just requires some critical thinking.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Aviak

BTW: It's been over 50 hours since I was re-added to the list after the incident of the original post and I've moved up less than 40 spots. There are still over 60 "people" ahead of me. It couldn't *possibly* be this long and slow because some of the same people are adding multiple alts to this list... right? ........

....Right?
Old 08-05-2020, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
BTW: It's been over 50 hours since I was re-added to the list after the incident of the original post and I've moved up less than 40 spots.
There is still a non-trivial time component involved once you do make it to the camp holder - as you know from falling asleep attempting it. How is it going to be any easier for some other guy regardless of his motivations or account, guild etc ? It seems like its super easy to waste that amount of time for everyone but you ??
Old 08-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'll simplify it for you: on blue, it took a night of playing EQ and checking in on the AC every now and then to get the camp, usually on off hours but not always. On green, you add yourself to a list of over 100 people who either aren't playing EQ at the moment or just added themselves for the hell of it because they don't have to put in any effort at all for an automatic 6,000 plat MQ oppo, in turn forcing everyone who actually needs boots have to wait days or weeks because auto-pilot farmers feel entitled to make their next withdrawal....

BTW: It's been over 50 hours since I was re-added to the list after the incident of the original post and I've moved up less than 40 spots. There are still over 60 "people" ahead of me. It couldn't *possibly* be this long and slow because some of the same people are adding multiple alts to this list... right? ........

....Right?
Again... your problem seems to be that people can do other things while being on the list, and that makes the list 100+ an then you have to wait ~5 days (that's how long it took me to go from 120 to 1) to actually have a shot at your boots.

Ok, but you yourself realize that large chunks of the list can be skipped. You can - potentially - take only a couple days, or even (in your case in the OP) just show up and have the spawn uncontested if no one else is on.

It's luck of the draw... just like if there were no offline list.

BTW, the reason the list barely moved was because the AC took 11 hours to spawn yesterday. If that happens when you are on, you aren't getting that camp for several days sans list either... and yes, it was one person sitting there the entire time.
Last edited by Sabin76; 08-05-2020 at 04:41 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again... your problem seems to be that people can do other things while being on the list, and that makes the list 100+ an then you have to wait ~5 days (that's how long it took me to go from 120 to 1) to actually have a shot at your boots.

Ok, but you yourself realize that large chunks of the list can be skipped. You can - potentially - take only a couple days, or even (in your case in the OP) just show up and have the spawn uncontested if no one else is on.

It's luck of the draw... just like if there were no offline list.

BTW, the reason the list barely moved was because the AC took 11 hours to spawn yesterday. If that happens when you are on, you aren't getting that camp for several days sans list either... and yes, it was one person sitting there the entire time.
I don't believe you! It must have taken so long because of some secret cabal/conspiracy by the top players to keep people like beh from being able to get Jboots. If only those players didn't force him to fall asleep while he had the camp.
Closed Thread