Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m picturing you running to your fridge after I mock your ridiculous ideas and drawing another line
You opened with glorifying the USA about our immigrant intake and then bitched and said it should be less.

What's your game, son?
Old 02-25-2022, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talking about the plight of poor Americans while people are dying to gang violence in El Salvador makes you BaYsIcAlly HiTlEr

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well. If we weren't so dumb and poor I guess maybe we could help fix el Salvador? Idk rly. I don't think anyone who's in control or middle/upper management in this country cares at all anymore about shit like that. They just eat tons of food and consume drugs, do sex parties then go all hepatitis b and get replaced when they stop showing up for work or something.

I want to have a job and health. And be respected (nothing to do with gender) i am talking about pretransition experiences. People in this country are fucking assholes so bad. It takes alllllll my efforts to be like humanitarian. I've worked some shity jobs. Military was best.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No no I’m on board with your fantasy. Money printer go brrr what could go wrong
Imagine including r/WSB memes in a discussion of national policy.

🦍
Old 02-25-2022, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You opened with glorifying the USA about our immigrant intake and then bitched and said it should be less.

What's your game, son?
I’m saying it’s weird how I’ve never heard a Dem put anything close to a cap on what is an acceptable number of immigrants to take in. Even if that cap was 300,000,000. Now obviously maybe there is some outlier nobody Dem politician that did once who nobody cares about, that doesn’t count

Now I am not sure if I believe that you are naive enough to think that somehow there is no such thing as a cap because they all would either come completely self-sufficient and somehow there would be adequate housing and services for them, in some magical way. Or else we can somehow time hop to a period of time when they would be

I’m not sure if it’s really that or if you are just pulling that explanation out of your ass to avoid speaking of Voldemort (the thing we Dems do not speak, practical limits on immigration numbers). You already said America wasn’t bad though and that’s something you can only get away with so much until your party hates you. So I know you have the guts to say things that Dems don’t like to say

I’m really torn on your reasoning
Old 02-25-2022, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’m saying it’s weird how I’ve never heard a Dem put anything close to a cap on what is an acceptable number of immigrants to take in. Even if that cap was 300,000,000. Now obviously maybe there is some outlier nobody Dem politician that did once who nobody cares about, that doesn’t count

Now I am not sure if I believe that you are naive enough to think that somehow there is no such thing as a cap because they all would either come completely self-sufficient and somehow there would be adequate housing and services for them, in some magical way. Or else we can somehow time hop to a period of time when they would be

I’m not sure if it’s really that or if you are just pulling that explanation out of your ass to avoid speaking of Voldemort (the thing we Dems do not speak, practical limits on immigration numbers). You already said America wasn’t bad though and that’s something you can only get away with so much until your party hates you. So I know you have the guts to say things that Dems don’t like to say

I’m really torn on your reasoning
In what world would an artificial cap on economic growth make sense or otherwise be helpful to our position?
Old 02-25-2022, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what world would an artificial cap on economic growth make sense or otherwise be helpful to our position?
So we go round and round that you think people coming from third world countries are either arriving completely self-sufficient, or that we can print enough money to get them all there in addition to helping our own citizens in a magical way where no one is boxed out and inflation doesn’t exist

I guess we have to agree to disagree on that, because I see that as a child’s fantasy
Old 02-25-2022, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Most of these folks can't even read or write and are right out of the 3rd world

What are they gonna do? Develop phone apps?

You post the dumbest nonsense
Old 02-25-2022, 10:51 PM
Banned

Ray-eeh-whuah says he doesn't want a cap. You have to respect that or otherwise his speech was hurt.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of these folks can't even read or write and right out of the 3rd world

They are going to somehow arrive with the skills to build their own homes, treat their own illnesses, teach themselves English, and provide them higher education in form of college so that we don’t have millions more people competing for the same low-skill jobs increasingly threatened by automation

So yes, I surrender to that inescapable logic, as he suggested
Old 02-25-2022, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of these folks can't even read or write and are right out of the 3rd world

You post the dumbest nonsense
Speaking of dumb nonsense, your premise in this post is there's a limited number of manual labor jobs to be had.
Closed Thread