Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I am able to make distinctions. The wrongs of Christianity are vastly outweighed by the good it has facilitated.

Your completely reductionist vision is bleak and you are likely a rudderless boat who believes nothing matters.

Explain to me the good that has come from Communism. I'll wait.
If you don't know American history it's probably easier to just flat out admit it here, it'll be easier on you. Not that you won't just change the subject or stop responding when you get stomped out

Minimum wage, overtime laws, the 40 hour work week, the Department of Labor, OSHA, NLRB, UAW, UFCW, just to name a few off the top of my head. I've been in the IWW for years, look in to their history. Hell, even the AFL-CIO, they're our classic enemies for a good while but even they are not the same as your average bootlicker. Communism has brought you all kinds of of comfortable things, you rotten baby. We'd still be working 100 hour work weeks if it wasn't for Communism.

Hell, I'll say Communism's failed outright in America because of all kinds of factors. I'm not even a Communist but they're closer to what I like than anything I see in America today. We still have tipped workers, that's a remnant of slavery. Our minimum wage laws are a disgrace, they should be at least tripled federally

And yet its failed lurches countered by capitalist forces at every turn bought you all these comforts, wonder what its successes would hypothetically look like

But no, I am sure your distinctions will fall on the side of the worker rather than those who wield power. That's definitely how capitalism works
Last edited by robayon; 02-22-2022 at 01:25 AM..
Old 02-22-2022, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Christianity isn't about power over anyone else, it is about being a good person and helping your neighbor.
Tovarisch, have you really never heard the good news of the Brotherhood of man?
Old 02-22-2022, 01:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tovarisch, have you really never heard the good news of the Brotherhood of man?
Cryptic posting hours have started, good night

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2022, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cryptic posting hours have started, good night

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shame on me for quoting theory. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever thought maybe all this religious stuff has brainwashed you. You know self conditioned, yourself. No David Koresh but … you know a little out of hand… over the top… clouding your vision of reality.
Yeah I did think this for a while when I was younger. I'd say between the ages of 15-22 is when I was most disillusioned with God. After finding sobriety, starting a family, working in the real world I realized much of what is wrong with the world is people not being good to each other(themselves included). I found that Christianity really is a great moral framework that breeds success.

I don't go to church, I don't pray much, none of my kids are baptized but I base my households rules and values on Christianity. My issues with religion are with the corruptions of man. The two can and should be separated. I do hope to find a community in the church but it hasn't happened yet, plenty of time for that.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't know American history it's probably easier to just flat out admit it here, it'll be easier on you. Not that you won't just change the subject or stop responding when you get stomped out

Minimum wage, overtime laws, the 40 hour work week, the Department of Labor, OSHA, NLRB, UAW, UFCW, just to name a few off the top of my head. I've been in the IWW for years, look in to their history. Hell, even the AFL-CIO, they're our classic enemies for a good while but even they are not the same as your average bootlicker. Communism has brought you all kinds of of comfortable things, you rotten baby. We'd still be working 100 hour work weeks if it wasn't for Communism.

Hell, I'll say Communism's failed outright in America because of all kinds of factors. I'm not even a Communist but they're closer to what I like than anything I see in America today. We still have tipped workers, that's a remnant of slavery. Our minimum wage laws are a disgrace, they should be at least tripled federally

And yet its failed lurches countered by capitalist forces at every turn bought you all these comforts, wonder what its successes would hypothetically look like

But no, I am sure your distinctions will fall on the side of the worker rather than those who wield power. That's definitely how capitalism works

Yes, assume your opposition is ignorant. Great way to engage in debate.

You won't hear me tell you Capitalism is perfect, not at all. It's obviously that at best it requires some very rigid rails to keep it on track. I'm all for new outlooks on the systems that govern us.

Capitalism does seem to be the best version we have so far. At least parts of it, you know personal freedom, free-market and the value in the individual.

You attribute way too much to Communism for my taste. 15h work days unless Communism killed 100 Million people? What's your proof of this?

Saying tipping culture is a remnant of slavery is like saying farming is a remnant of slave culture. It's a joke and not a serious approach.

Minimum wage should be tripled, that's utterly insane. The issue is the markets are not free, if the markets were actually free the wage issues would address themselves. See my comments from earlier about rails.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I did think this for a while when I was younger. I'd say between the ages of 15-22 is when I was most disillusioned with God. After finding sobriety, starting a family, working in the real world I realized much of what is wrong with the world is people not being good to each other(themselves included). I found that Christianity really is a great moral framework that breeds success.

I don't go to church, I don't pray much, none of my kids are baptized but I base my households rules and values on Christianity. My issues with religion are with the corruptions of man. The two can and should be separated. I do hope to find a community in the church but it hasn't happened yet, plenty of time for that.
I like the energy of church. I’ve never in my life left church feeling worse than when I went in

The sermon in my opinion is just lessons on HOW to be a good person said 1000 different ways, sometimes with some humor or personal examples from people tossed in

Not a big fan of rituals such as Communion. I understand the meaning/significance, but it still feels like just going through pointless motions to me

For single men or women, most Christian churches have singles groups after by certain 10yr age ranges. I got connected to a hiking group and made a lot of friends years ago that way

Church gives a good feeling of belongingness and feeling connected to a community in person. If someone can get that some other way though, more power to them. I think in this era more people are increasingly disconnected due to only interacting online, however
Old 02-22-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

My best guess for why society seems to be falling apart is because well it is, we lack the shared values we once had. Now you have large sections of people who believe the pursuit of pleasure is an acceptable way to exist. Choice and value of choices is non existent. All things are equal, nothing matters.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:13 PM
Banned

Churches r kewl. What do u do with eunuchs who just want to train the way of the blade and look good while doing so? I always find Churches not up to my standards.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
My best guess for why society seems to be falling apart is because well it is, we lack the shared values we once had. Now you have large sections of people who believe the pursuit of pleasure is an acceptable way to exist. Choice and value of choices is non existent. All things are equal, nothing matters.
Yes I agree. There's even hedonistic churches. People don't value suffering, abstinence, asceticism for a greater purpose.
Closed Thread