Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a bunch of us P99ers already beat the hard mode vulak ring on eqmac back in 2012. I believe we were the 2nd guild in ten years to have done so on that server and on our first and only attempt.

what is your next guarantee?
Screenshots or didn't happen.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quarm on eqmac, where dreams of victory went to die.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Banned

it's a real shame rampage couldn't beat RoVulak without PoP gear/spells
Old 11-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Aviak

I think what everyone needs at this point is a yellow/green/purple server - my vote is teams pvp - you wanna see 500+ pop thriving server with a reset on raid rules? you do this.

Just sucks, Sirken and others have said blue must be COMPLETELY polished and that red will never see a wipe.

These raid suspensions are over dumb things imo, increasing the length does nothing. Let them work out the issues between themselves.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcosmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just sucks, Sirken and others have said blue must be COMPLETELY polished and that red will never see a wipe.
The entire purpose of building and managing Blue for the past eight years has not been to give you (or anyone else for that matter) a place to play; it has been to get fully working classic EQ code (ie. "polish").

It would make no sense whatsoever to wait that long, put all that effort in, and then release a new server that's not 100% classic, when the entire point of everything that came before it was to get a 100% classic server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screenshots or didn't happen.
they were posted on these boards a long time ago.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=155

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Impressive... granted most/all of the characters there are level 65 with spells, gear and AAs from Luclin/PoP. But still you managed to defeat the event.

Now would A/A or even CSG be able to defeat Vulak Ring at level 60 without AAs, AE Resist/Regen songs, MGB HoTs, and a bunch of better gear? Signs all point to no. I think the first double Flurry in Wave 7 would round a tank due to bad split CH rots then lead to death adds that interrupt the other CH rot. But I'd love to be proved wrong.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

The only other guild on that server to defeat the ring prior to us took over five years after first entering ntov and were in elemental gear or better.

Needless to say a bunch of us p99er's beat that content a couple months after forming Tse as we were simultaneously progressing thru luclin and pop.

Not sure why you have disdain for P99 players (maybe a side affect of being in taken so long)I have always sought and found out top tier gamers to kill stuff with no matter which server.

If you played on eqmac you would know about the mechanics and old school damage tables for meelee and spells that would make that server much different than servers available now.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...72900317032965

Have you ever killed vulak ring?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Banned

relitigating eqmac should be a posting suspension.

tse lost, that's a fact.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I don't have disdain for P99 players. The server/content leads to long time P99ers having certain strengths and certain weaknesses. I'm just speaking to what those are.

P99 players are very good was using P99 game mechanics to single pull mobs without traditional FD splitting and offtanking. This was illuminated by the standard VP pull methods for 3+ years, the ToV CotH and footrace pulls, and their current chain-link pulls. They're also pretty good at utilizing every clicky available to extend the ability beyond class lines. Though this is largely made possible due to a bloated economy of 7 years in 2 expansions and no real platinum sinks except Tink bags and very few quests like Jboots/Lodi Shield/Epics. I don't think guilds on a Re-99 server will as easily burn through Prayers of Life and Puppet String charges though.

P99 players however are not great at crawling through content and dealing with split priorities like multiple trash mobs in camp. Often times due to the server they don't have time due to neckbeard competition and just have to faceroll train through stuff rather than split/break/clear areas. Especially in more difficult zones like ST, NToV, etc. They also don't have any encounters that punish zerging in the way Shei Vinitras, Ring of Vulak and later mobs like Carprin Cycle, Vishimtar, etc. punish deaths. Some of these in era require you be flawless and don't eat unnecessary deaths. For example Naethyn's 150 man Zerg would get punished hard during the carrion waves.

Also I played on Al'Kabor. Raided everything from Kael - PoTime and even got to experience the OP Quarm that only Afterlife, Township Rebellion and Temerity had the joy of looking at and realizing "18 second unresistable Stun, who the fuck thought this was a good idea". I've done Vulak Ring successfully about 10 times. Wiped to many different points in the ring and had much fun with it. That being said, once Luclin raids are available I don't blame guilds for rarely going back to NToV again. Fairly shitty zone outside of Vulak ring.
Closed Thread