Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but my concern is that we are supposed to have the changed skill cap by now. so you can just uncap the skills and fix your method for your future servers.
^^ this
Old 05-19-2016, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant an update on the status of this tool to fix the skills xD
The tool is not currently in development. If it was, he would have said so.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i thank you for your work on this;

but my concern is that we are supposed to have the changed skill cap by now. so you can just uncap the skills and fix your method for your future servers.\

also any word on changing SK 2 hand piercing cap.
Are you implying that we should fix the bug? That is not what Nilbog would like to do. Nilbog would like someone else to develop a system in which the bug will fix itself.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you implying that we should fix the bug? That is not what Nilbog would like to do. Nilbog would like someone else to develop a system in which the bug will fix itself.
Trunge is saying that Nilbog should just do a bandaid fix so current players in this current era can benefit, while Nilbog would rather fix it the right way so it doesn't fall apart or need a lot of coding every time it needs to be changed.

The goal code-wise is to be able to just select an era and have the server progress automatically without having to manually put everything in (I think).

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Nilbog seems like a guy who is more concerned with getting it right 100% than getting it fixed fast, though
Old 05-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trunge is saying that Nilbog should just do a bandaid fix so current players in this current era can benefit, while Nilbog would rather fix it the right way so it doesn't fall apart or need a lot of coding every time it needs to be changed.

The goal code-wise is to be able to just select an era and have the server progress automatically without having to manually put everything in (I think).
That is exactly what he is saying, however, a bandaid is what we need.

Fall apart? The issue is that this would require changing hundreds of variables manually, that is what Nilbog would like to avoid, and I understand his position.

The goal, code-wise, is to make a simple fix, because manually inputting hundreds of variables is not something that a volunteer developer wants to do.

I am not trying to make Nilbog's life harder, I am just trying to make the server more classic.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Somehow they didn't need a fancy automatic system to lower the skill caps. Titanium defaults to the higher, correct value.

Danth
Old 05-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somehow they didn't need a fancy automatic system to lower the skill caps. Titanium defaults to the higher, correct value.

Danth
They don't need it now, but the alternative is tedious and more work than the volunteers are willing to do. If you are so inclined, learn to code and submit a fix for them. Third party fixes are implemented all the time, once confirmed to be functional.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

I really wish in the interim of waiting for the scheduled changer we could just get the values adjusted. This bug impacts players every swing against them.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wish in the interim of waiting for the scheduled changer we could just get the values adjusted. This bug impacts players every swing against them.
Instead of wishing, you could learn the required skills, submit a portfolio to the dev team, and start working on the issue yourself.

I could too, but we won't.

Lets wish really hard.