Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarzzardorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the difference between now and 99 is simply that people are better equipped to "dominate" the server one way or another, not that they never would have wanted to given the chance. acting like things were just great back in the day and todays kids are just ruining it for everyone is clearly just wrong.
The difference is I learned the term "poop socking" seriously, wtf. If you ever use that to describe something you are doing, rethink your life. No... Really, rethink it. Get a (new) job, girl/guy, workout, eat better, learn a new language, play a different game... Even if you don't actually crap in a sock, you should not be okay associating yourself with someone who might do that.

Along those same lines... 10-15 years ago 24 hours of straight camping was crazy. Now it's commonplace.

Also, while I'm here... some of the TMO "reasoning" is just stupid. Nothing needs to be said other than you are able to take down things, so you do. The people complaining would probably do the same in your place. But, some of the responses on both sides just make certain people look like complete dicks. There would have been a short window to relive true classic raiding, if you missed it (I did) you need to learn to live with that.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Just an FYI, for those who may not know it, my stance is that no other guild deserves any of VP. The people crying about not being able to get in to VP and get easy loot are the ones that were carried by IB/TR and keyed so they could act as train fodder.

There are a few ex VD (ones that actually put effort in IB's raids) and a few ex IB left who deserve VP loot. Sadly all of those only amount to a handful of people now.

You can say this is an entitled opinion, but no other guild was willing to even challenge IB like TMO(+DA) and they should get every bit of the large pie that's now available.

Shit, TMO was giving you fools world dragons and was debating giving more depending on how things went and most of you complained that it wasn't enough. No matter what TMO gives up, unless it's TMO giving you everything, you guys will never be satisfied.

You DO NOT deserve an equal share (or even remotely close) to TMO's share.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just an FYI, for those who may not know it, my stance is that no other guild deserves any of VP. The people crying about not being able to get in to VP and get easy loot are the ones that were carried by IB/TR and keyed so they could act as train fodder.

There are a few ex VD (ones that actually put effort in IB's raids) and a few ex IB left who deserve VP loot. Sadly all of those only amount to a handful of people now.

You can say this is an entitled opinion, but no other guild was willing to even challenge IB like TMO(+DA) and they should get every bit of the large pie that's now available.

Shit, TMO was giving you fools world dragons and was debating giving more depending on how things went and most of you complained that it wasn't enough. No matter what TMO gives up, unless it's TMO giving you everything, you guys will never be satisfied.

You DO NOT deserve an equal share (or even remotely close) to TMO's share.
The forums were better off when you stopped posting. You do realize that it's classic to show up at spots at predetermined times to kill raid mobs right? It takes 20x the effort here to try and do high end raiding compared to live. Thats the retarded part about everything.
Last edited by Thulack; 08-26-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 08-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

They deserve it less than a squib who apps to TMO for the easy win? Rather than join the pack of little dogs for the long uphill fight? I prefer the hard road myself. Even if it didn't amount to much.

And btw, VD had a lot of nice people in it. We just had a few people in positions of authority that were rather hot headed. They bumped heads with some leaders of other guilds. Most of us didn't agree with what happened in VP there at the end. That's why the guild fell apart, IMO. Because we didn't support the direction things were going.

As an after thought: I wonder how much different the server would have been if DA and VD had merged together. Or if it would have changed anything at all. One can only speculate. Food for thought.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The forums were better off when you stopped posting. You do realize that it's classic to show up at spots at predetermined times to kill raid mobs right? It takes 20x the effort here to try and do high end raiding compared to live. Thats the retarded part about everything.
Oh it's classic? Let me go tell Rogean, I am sure he doesn't know that and he will get right on changing it. Then we can tell him that rotations are classic and he will get right on that too!

You do realize this is P99 and not a 1999 live server yeah? Perhaps you don't understand that showing up to a predetermined target at a predetermined time is not possible here, yeah? You do realize I was referencing something that wasn't going to happen, yeah?

No, you don't, cause you're an idiot.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I don't support rotations. Shit was cutthroat on lanys. That's classic for me.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Meh. I for one do t plan on tracking for 24-75 hours. So ya I guess I don't deserve it...
But at least my life isn't miserable in comparison to those that do lol.
Ps. Still loving my EQ playtime. Fuck the ALL/ALL or nothing bullshit. Ppl can still raid. If u want to join TMO join them, or beat them ! Like OP says.. I may not agree with there asshatness and yes A Lot of them are huge used douches... But if they wanna be gross and poopsock.. Do it. I for one will not personally have my only life gratification come from epeen. Period.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. What you described is raiding Trakanon. None of the other raid mobs are basically anything like what you describe.
Nope, he is pretty much right. Speaking from doing it currently that is essentially what you do. Some mobs are a bit different but not really. You ideally want 2 level 60's so you can move them all over the globe, while you make an alt to play to pass the time
52 Monk Happytime
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They deserve it less than a squib who apps to TMO for the easy win? Rather than join the pack of little dogs for the long uphill fight? I prefer the hard road myself. Even if it didn't amount to much.

And btw, VD had a lot of nice people in it. We just had a few people in positions of authority that were rather hot headed. They bumped heads with some leaders of other guilds. Most of us didn't agree with what happened in VP there at the end. That's why the guild fell apart, IMO. Because we didn't support the direction things were going.

As an after thought: I wonder how much different the server would have been if DA and VD had merged together. Or if it would have changed anything at all. One can only speculate. Food for thought.
Neither of those type people deserve the loot. However, looking at guilds, TMO deserve to be able to gear their apps with loot that is much better in quality than the other guilds.

I mentioned the only people who actually deserve VP loot, who aren't carrying a TMO tag, because there actually are people who put in time, effort, etc and got nothing out of it.

I never said VD didn't have nice people, I actually knew many in VD and liked some of them. However, they let their leadership walk all over them and couldn't force changes that needed to be done for the betterment of their guild.

As far as afterthoughts: I wonder how different things would have been if TMO and IB had merged together.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Dang, your afterthought trumps my afterthought. That is something to think about. You win.
Closed Thread