Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

hey it's free who cares !
Old 01-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

I for one am appalled that any of you would mistreat Amelinda. She has been nothing but friendly and helpful in my experience. She donates her time to sort out our issues and asks for nothing more than for us to display some overall decency. I'm not some idealist who is convinced that there is always an obvious and just solution; I accept (embrace, in fact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) that people are going to come to odds. I am thankful that her mediation has allowed for normal game play to continue as opposed to disputes escalating to training and KSing and other nonsense. I have not always been happy about the decisions she has handed down, but there is never any excuse to vent your rage on her, to command her to do this or that. You should accept her decisions with grace and move on. I believe that Amelinda strives for justice, that she makes the best decision she can with the information she has. If you can't put a little faith into her fairness, you should probably just find a new place to be an unreasonable butthead.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Not that anyone cares, but even while Tortue/Bigburnas from TMO was training the shit out of IB and VD last night (can he log in for the next week? just curious if we're walking the walk or just talking the talk here), VD spent four hours trying to get an enchanter quest mob to spawn in Skyfire, and when she finally did spawn... even though it would have been gratifying to kill her out of retaliation before TMO could get their turn-ins done, I watched enchanters from IB, TMO, and VD all work together to keep Felia charmed and hand her off to each other so they could do their epic piece. That made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

So, not everyone in each of the guilds are douchebags... but JFC... we could certainly use staff's help in taking out the trash and enforcing server rules to give a few people some time outs. Some examples made resulting in a little deterrence would go a long way.

THE REST OF THE RESPONSIBILITY FALLS ON US, THE PLAYERS: If someone from another guild helps you out, stick up for that guild in your guildchat the next time your guild is about to do something shitty to them.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that anyone cares, but even while Tortue/Bigburnas from TMO was training the shit out of IB and VD last night (can he log in for the next week? just curious if we're walking the walk or just talking the talk here), VD spent four hours trying to get an enchanter quest mob to spawn in Skyfire, and when she finally did spawn... even though it would have been gratifying to kill her out of retaliation before TMO could get their turn-ins done, I watched enchanters from IB, TMO, and VD all work together to keep Felia charmed and hand her off to each other so they could do their epic piece. That made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
YAY I'm glad to hear about the enchanter epic mob!!! That makes me super happy to see guilds working together. I wish it would happen more often.

Player punishment (or lack thereof) is a private matter between the staff member and individual player. SO i can't comment on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, not everyone in each of the guilds are douchebags... but JFC... we could certainly use staff's help in taking out the trash and enforcing server rules to give a few people some time outs. Some examples made resulting in a little deterrence would go a long way.
For the record when I have evidence I always provide punishment. You just don't hear about it because player punishment (or lack thereof) is always between the player and the staff member involved and therefore I am unable to comment or share details about it so you don't always hear about it.

Quote:
THE REST OF THE RESPONSIBILITY FALLS ON US, THE PLAYERS: If someone from another guild helps you out, stick up for that guild in your guildchat the next time your guild is about to do something shitty to them.
This is totally true. I support this statement 1000%
Old 01-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not that anyone cares, but even while Tortue/Bigburnas from TMO was training the shit out of IB and VD last night (can he log in for the next week? just curious if we're walking the walk or just talking the talk here),
Tortue isn't banned because training VD retards is not a punishable offence.

It's in the server rules somewhere.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the record when I have evidence I always provide punishment. You just don't hear about it because player punishment (or lack thereof) is always between the player and the staff member involved and therefore I am unable to comment or share details about it so you don't always hear about it.
In my opinion, you should go the Strannix route from "Under Siege", the apex of Steven Seagal's movie career:

"Let this be a learning experience, gentleman. If you resist we will kill you and the man next to you. Now move out of here in an orderly fashion."

If you directly see someone break server rules, suspend him and the innocent guildmate next to him. Let peer pressure work the rest of the issues out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The staff has the ultimate leverage... people's time and effort on this server can be erased forever with a few keystrokes. That should be enough deterrent to keep everyone in line -- but somehow it isn't, which tells me there isn't enough of it going around.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
In my opinion, you should go the Strannix route from "Under Siege", the apex of Steven Seagal's movie career:

"Let this be a learning experience, gentleman. If you resist we will kill you and the man next to you. Now move out of here in an orderly fashion."

If you directly see someone break server rules, suspend him and the innocent guildmate next to him. Let peer pressure work the rest of the issues out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The staff has the ultimate leverage... people's time and effort on this server can be erased forever with a few keystrokes. That should be enough deterrent to keep everyone in line -- but somehow it isn't, which tells me there isn't enough of it going around.
It's not that there isn't enough of it around, it's that some players have learned how to manipulate the system, and when punished, will attempt to divide and subvert the staff for their own benefit. This is pretty much SOP at this point since the behavior has been rewarded so many times.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Player punishment (or lack thereof) is a private matter between the staff member and individual player. SO i can't comment on that.
Also, just a personal opinion, but I have a very strong feeling that this policy sort of contributes to the "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" environment. If people knew exactly who was suspended/banned and what for, then that sends a clear message to everyone else on the server that a) things are being handled fairly and consistently, and b) they better not fucking do what that guy just did. Plus, knowing who the bad guys are allows the rest of us and their own guildmates to distance themselves from them.

I'm sure there's some downside to making this more public, but ideally it would send a clear enough message that rules-breaking would become very rare out of fear of getting shamed and knowing very clearly where the line in the sand is drawn.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Also, just a personal opinion, but I have a very strong feeling that this policy sort of contributes to the "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" environment. If people knew exactly who was suspended/banned and what for, then that sends a clear message to everyone else on the server that a) things are being handled fairly and consistently, and b) they better not fucking do what that guy just did. Plus, knowing who the bad guys are allows the rest of us and their own guildmates to distance themselves from them.

I'm sure there's some downside to making this more public, but ideally it would send a clear enough message that rules-breaking would become very rare out of fear of getting shamed and knowing very clearly where the line in the sand is drawn.
It's not my policy. but there would be many problems with making it more public.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Aviak

It isn't the big guilds persay. There are some pretty big douchebags that play on here, and dishonest douchebags. I think some guilds attract those people without a doubt, but they don't all have to belong to the same guilds.
Closed Thread