Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

I don't understand why people are trying to change a perfectly good server. Just play the game, and enjoy it.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rare items cost more than common ones. so if some traders start to beat each others with the same item, then its an indication that this item isnt rare and therefore should be sold at a "fair" price. i dont understand why u think that something like this killed the value of an item, its quite the contrary...bazaar stoped people ripping off others
Everything you said in that post was just wrong, sorry. And no, even the rare items dropped price significantly after the release of Bazaar. One perfect example was Cowl of Mortality. It went from 250-300k to 100-150k in less than a month on our server, despite there only being 3 or 4 of them. Another example.. Cloak of Flames going from around 50kish to 20-30k in about 2-3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so if some traders start to beat each others with the same item, then its an indication that this item isnt rare and therefore should be sold at a "fair" price.
Wrong again. You really don't understand how the EQ economy worked pre-bazaar is my indication. It wasn't that an item was LESS RARE, Its that everybody that had that particular item to sell was now able to have it on a mule 24/7 instead of the 2-3 hours they normally would have spent trying to sell it. I could go a week without seeing a particular item in EC tunnel being sold, not because it was rare, but because the people that had the item simply were not logged in, or off exping. But with bazaar, everybody could have a mule up 24/7, therefore more of a particular item available all the time, resulting in the value of that item diminishing before my eyes.
Last edited by Bones; 04-12-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You suggesting server wipes and implementing bazaar swamps this thread with worthless dribble. GM's will naturally disregard all meaningful requests now because people like you insist on asking for shit that will obviously never happen.
as you said iam suggesting and not demanding + iam respecting others opinions, what about you?

on a side note, there arent any requests in this specific thread besides encomiastic replies about the server return so take a pill and chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything you said in that post was just wrong, sorry. And no, even the rare items dropped price significantly after the release of Bazaar. One perfect example was Cowl of Mortality. It went from 250-300k to 100-150k in less than a month on our server, despite there only being 3 or 4 of them. Another example.. Cloak of Flames going from around 50kish to 20-30k in about 2-3 months.
mudflation occurs, with or without bazaar .. there have been other, similar items you could buy for alot less in that era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't that an item was LESS RARE, Its that everybody that had that particular item to sell was now able to have it on a mule 24/7 instead of the 2-3 hours they normally would have spent trying to sell it. I could go a week without seeing a particular item in EC tunnel being sold, not because it was rare, but because the people that had the item simply were not logged in, or off exping. But with bazaar, everybody could have a mule up 24/7, therefore more of a particular item available all the time, resulting in the value of that item diminishing before my eyes.
and thats the point:

youd have more problems estimating the value of an item if you dont see it auctioned on your playtimes. with bazaar you could check the current pricing of an item whenever you want AND you wont be ripped off if more traders are selling this specific item. bazaar was selfregulating the prices on a server and iam confident this was one of the reasons why it was implemented first-hand
Last edited by mitic; 04-12-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

The worthless "dribble" in this thread is people thinking EC tunnel is going to happen, or that it is in any way "fun".

That shit is so far beyond retarded I can't believe people actually want to sit there wasting their time for hours on end to sell their shitty items.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
mudflation occurs, with or without bazaar .. there have been other, similar items you could buy for alot less in that era
Can't argue with that. Bazaar just accelerated the mudflation is all I am saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The worthless "dribble" in this thread is people thinking EC tunnel is going to happen, or that it is in any way "fun".

That shit is so far beyond retarded I can't believe people actually want to sit there wasting their time for hours on end to sell their shitty items.
Lol, Why do you even bother posting?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

I figure with the less intelligent that repeated hammering of ideas into their thick skulls is the most effective way to go about proving a point that they are incapable of understanding.

Serverwide OOC was taken off before. It failed. This entire argument fails every single time it's brought up.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figure with the less intelligent that repeated hammering of ideas into their thick skulls is the most effective way to go about proving a point that they are incapable of understanding.

Serverwide OOC was taken off before. It failed. This entire argument fails every single time it's brought up.

lol you really hate the ec tunnel. you got raped there or smtn?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Nevermind, its not even worth arguing about.

Finawin will always be right in his mind so it is pointless.
Last edited by Bones; 04-12-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol you really hate the ec tunnel. you got raped there or smtn?
Hmmm, imagine that....
there is that unlit area of the tunnel past Shady and Bubar, and there are stacks of crates that 2 human-sized character models can easilly fit behind, and be obscured...I would issue a warning to any females, and/or small male characters, STAY OUT OF THE TUNNEL AT NIGHT, AND NEVER WALK THROUGH THE TUNNEL ALONE!

..and if you see any suspicious looking ogres or trolls wandering in or around the tunnel area, petition a GM IMMEDIATELY.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Orc

Lol Finawin got Ograped in EC tunnel
Closed Thread