Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

Ok guys/gals , I pulled A LOT of strings to make this happen. So this is what we are going to do. We will do a massive PvP event in a zone that will be determined at the time of the event. The size of the event will depend on how many people show up. If 60 people show its going to be 30v30. Due to the amount of high level toons on Red99, this event will be level 56+. If there is enough interest for a lower level 30's event, I will do that at a later date, you have my word. Nilbog is going to add some code to the server to enable Sirken to despawn a zone for "X" amount of time. This will enable people that is KoS to not have faction issues with NPC's.

Now on to the details of the event. Based on the amount of people that want a objective type event, your cry has been heard and that is what we are going to do. It will be like this ...

You guys ever played Search and Destroy? Its going to be something like that

There will be 3 rounds total (if needed)

Teams will be randomly selected or we might have people bring thier own team. If we go with a random, this will take more time. But its totally up to the players. I will do what YOU guys want. It will be just like I done the 2v2 Arena event. Everyone will have a number and I will start ran-doming. If your number comes up you will go to either Team 1 or Team 2 till all the players are on a team.

Once the teams are set the Captains (which will be selected by the members of each team) will pick a number between "x" and "x". The winner will choose which side/role they want to start with. (Like a coin toss in a NFL football game).

Once we start I will have my GM Flag removed and Team 1 will try to protect me while Team 2 tries to kill me. There will be a time limit per round. I am not sure on what kind of time limit I should put yet because I do want to be kill able to avoid rounds going on for a super long time. Once round 1 is over the teams will switch sides and roles. Team 1 will try and kill me while team 2 protects me. Then if needed we will go to round 3 if each team has 1 win each.

There will be THREE items handed out. Nice items, not junk.

First Place: Guise of the Deceiver

Second Place: Sirken will summon a NO DROP item that the player/class can use.

Third Place: Same as 2nd place, but a lesser item.

Winners of the team that won will be assigned a number, and I will random to see who the winner will be for each item. Once you win an item your out. I will do it in order, first place, second place, and third place. If you would rather have the item on another toon instead of the toon you brought to the event, that is fine as well. I think that is the best way to do it. If you have something you think is better, let me know and I will consider it if I think it will work better in this event.

I would like suggestions on the team selection and time limit per round. Do you guys want random teams or do you want to bring your own? If I done random (like I did the 2v2 Arena event) I think it will take a lot of time just to get the teams set with so many players. Like I mentioned previously, I will do it if that is what YOU guys want. We also need to address the time limit per round. What do you guys think?

Also for the day/time of the event. Once we get everything set in stone, I will make a post with full event details with a poll.

Weekday Afternoon
Weekday Evening
Weekend Afternoon
Weekend Evening

I will then leave it up for a few days to allow everyone to vote. I will also watch for troll accounts, so if you plan to do stuff like that. Do not try it please. Keep in mind this is to improve the health of Red99

Lastly I am here for Red99. My #1 goal is Red99! I want this server to GROW, and I need YOUR HELP to do it. So help ME help YOU. This is a team effort here.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Last edited by Cylock; 03-25-2017 at 09:51 PM..
Old 03-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Which zone is this going to take place in? Thanks, I would like to corpse a pile of soulfires for this event.

Edit: Just read I'll corpse them at my bind
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok guys/gals , I pulled A LOT of strings to make this happen. So this is what we are going to do. We will do a massive PvP event in a zone that will be determined at the time of the event. The size of the event will depend on how many people show up. If 60 people show its going to be 30v30. Due to the amount of high level toons on Red99, this event will be level 56+. If there is enough interest for a lower level 30's event, I will do that at a later date, you have my word. Nilbog is going to add some code to the server to enable Sirken to despawn a zone for "X" amount of time. This will enable people that is KoS to not have faction issues with NPC's.

Now on to the details of the event. Based on the amount of people that want a objective type event, your cry has been heard and that is what we are going to do. It will be like this ...

You guys ever played Search and Destroy? Its going to be something like that

There will be 3 rounds total (if needed)

Teams will be randomly selected or we might have people bring thier own team. If we go with a random, this will take more time. But its totally up to the players. I will do what YOU guys want. It will be just like I done the 2v2 Arena event. Everyone will have a number and I will start ran-doming. If your number comes up you will go to either Team 1 or Team 2 till all the players are on a team.

Once the teams are set the Captains (which will be selected by the members of each team) will pick a number between "x" and "x". The winner will choose which side/role they want to start with. (Like a coin toss in a NFL football game).

Once we start I will have my GM Flag removed and Team 1 will try to protect me while Team 2 tries to kill me. There will be a time limit per round. I am not sure on what kind of time limit I should put yet because I do want to be kill able to avoid rounds going on for a super long time. Once round 1 is over the teams will switch sides and roles. Team 1 will try and kill me while team 2 protects me. Then if needed we will go to round 3 if each team has 1 win each.

There will be THREE items handed out. Nice items, not junk.

First Place: Guise of the Deceiver

Second Place: Sirken will summon a NO DROP item that the player/class can use.

Third Place: Same as 2nd place, but a lesser item.

Winners of the team that won will be assigned a number, and I will random to see who the winner will be for each item. Once you win an item your out. I will do it in order, first place, second place, and third place. If you would rather have the item on another toon instead of the toon you brought to the event, that is fine as well. I think that is the best way to do it. If you have something you think is better, let me know and I will consider it if I think it will work better in this event.

I would like suggestions on the team selection and time limit per round. Do you guys want random teams or do you want to bring your own? If I done random (like I did the 2v2 Arena event) I think it will take a lot of time just to get the teams set with so many players. Like I mentioned previously, I will do it if that is what YOU guys want. We also need to address the time limit per round. What do you guys think?

Also for the day/time of the event. Once we get everything set in stone, I will make a post with full event details with a poll.

Weekday Afternoon
Weekday Evening
Weekend Afternoon
Weekend Evening

I will then leave it up for a few days to allow everyone to vote. I will also watch for troll accounts, so if you plan to do stuff like that. Do not try it please. Keep in mind this is to improve the health of Red99

Lastly I am here for Red99. My #1 goal is Red99! I want this server to GROW, and I need YOUR HELP to do it. So help ME help YOU. This is a team effort here.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Pras the humble saint Cylock.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which zone is this going to take place in? Thanks, I would like to corpse a pile of soulfires for this event.

Edit: Just read I'll corpse them at my bind
Yea I forgot to add that, this will NOT be a restricted event. Bring the kitchen sink if you want

As for question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which zone is this going to take place in?
Not saying till the day of the event, to try and make this as fair as possible

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Last edited by Cylock; 03-25-2017 at 09:53 PM..
Old 03-26-2017, 12:03 AM
Banned

Dayum that sounds like a good event. I might have 2 patch client for this.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Pras looks good might reinstall

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-26-2017, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

pras cylock
Old 03-26-2017, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Greatest thing to happen to red
Old 03-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Skeleton

Pras this guy tryin to make a difference.

is red99 on the rise!?!
Old 03-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I forgot to add that, this will NOT be a restricted event. Bring the kitchen sink if you want

As for question

Not saying till the day of the event, to try and make this as fair as possible
4th place can suck this D
Closed Thread