Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Rygrim was a great fuckin' guy.

We played together on VZTZ, and he was a part of the first guild I ever joined when R99 started. That small guild <Axis> was just a small group of bros - Shody, Kable, Warren, Masaka, myself and Rygrim. We had a lot of fun nights poopsocking at the ancient croc, Feerrott spectres and in Mistmoore.

Danlor, his rogue, was his first character here, and almost everyday, every person in <Axis> broke his balls the second he logged into Vent because he was the weakest pure melee class in a guild full of casters in old world Everquest. When he grouped with us we just told him to sit in the corner and do nothing while we leveled him. It was the source of many chortles.

He truly was a bro's bro, though. One thing I can say about him is that, unlike a large majority of the this server's population (especially on the forums), his persona never altered or conformed into something jaded, guarded or facetious to meet the bizarre standards of game play on this server. If you treated Rygrim with respect, he was a pal and cordial no matter what side you were on.

He really had/ wanted no stake in the server's direction, so he stayed out of the politics of it. He wasn't a zergling, he wasn't vicious to people, and he wasn't ever consciously thinking about taking the easy road in game - he simply wanted to play Everquest with the bros that he knew best.

When the officers of Empire would move up a channel to divvy out loot, lots of warriors would send tells on nice stuff, and a lot of the time we'd be conflicted on who to give the items to - but more times than not, the consensus was that, coupled with his RA, Rygrim's attitude put him ahead of all the other warrior core. There must've been 5 or 6 different times where his personality alone was brought up to weigh in over a piece of loot. Most of you are probably aware that he got stacked in Empire, and his attitude was a big, big reason for it.

He was great pal and will be missed.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Large Bat

he was the best of us. R.I.P. truly a good man
Old 12-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rygrim was a great fuckin' guy.

We played together on VZTZ, and he was a part of the first guild I ever joined when R99 started. That small guild <Axis> was just a small group of bros - Shody, Kable, Warren, Masaka, myself and Rygrim. We had a lot of fun nights poopsocking at the ancient croc, Feerrott spectres and in Mistmoore.

Danlor, his rogue, was his first character here, and almost everyday, every person in <Axis> broke his balls the second he logged into Vent because he was the weakest pure melee class in a guild full of casters in old world Everquest. When he grouped with us we just told him to sit in the corner and do nothing while we leveled him. It was the source of many chortles.

He truly was a bro's bro, though. One thing I can say about him is that, unlike a large majority of the this server's population (especially on the forums), his persona never altered or conformed into something jaded, guarded or facetious to meet the bizarre standards of game play on this server. If you treated Rygrim with respect, he was a pal and cordial no matter what side you were on.

He really had/ wanted no stake in the server's direction, so he stayed out of the politics of it. He wasn't a zergling, he wasn't vicious to people, and he wasn't ever consciously thinking about taking the easy road in game - he simply wanted to play Everquest with the bros that he knew best.

When the officers of Empire would move up a channel to divvy out loot, lots of warriors would send tells on nice stuff, and a lot of the time we'd be conflicted on who to give the items to - but more times than not, the consensus was that, coupled with his RA, Rygrim's attitude put him ahead of all the other warrior core. There must've been 5 or 6 different times where his personality alone was brought up to weigh in over a piece of loot. Most of you are probably aware that he got stacked in Empire, and his attitude was a big, big reason for it.

He was great pal and will be missed.

Love ya man. Seriously he was the best dude ever, in game and in person. I'll never forget ole Diaperin' Danlor & Poopsock central.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
god damn, really makes you think

rest in pixels
Yikes
Old 12-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Aviak

Miss you already Rygrim.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Kohl,

I want to take just a minute to let you know how bad it hurts that you are gone. We've played this god forsaken game together for over a decade and when r99 went live we formed the dynamic trio shody/Danlor/kable. I'll never forget diaper quest as long as we live or the countless hours we'd spend on team speak or texting about how nerdy we are playing on an elf sim for so long.

I hope you are resting well brother, I'll be down to carry you home soon. I want everyone to know kohl was that person whether he was playing rygrim or not. We loved him for being just the best of us. Till we meet again my bro, as always, I got you.

Shody
Old 12-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Makes me sad to hear this news. Played with the guy and heard his voice in ts all the time. Always seemed like a good person to me.. wish I could have gotten to know him more. RIP

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

RL DOTS and unhealthy habit --

First off RIP to a solid person.

I read something from a RL pal of his that mentioned a unchecked health issue. Sadly, this is the reality for a lot of us. If you were in your early 20s in 99, you're 16 years older now and hitting a point in life where a visit to the doctor just might save it. I do not know the full extent of his illness but I will say that many if not all of us could benefit from an occasional check up at the Dr. office at this point in life.

Stay safe pals, there is nothing wrong with asking for help from people who dedicate their lives to making ours better.

godbless

RIP
Old 12-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RL DOTS and unhealthy habit --

First off RIP to a solid person.

I read something from a RL pal of his that mentioned a unchecked health issue. Sadly, this is the reality for a lot of us. If you were in your early 20s in 99, you're 16 years older now and hitting a point in life where a visit to the doctor just might save it. I do not know the full extent of his illness but I will say that many if not all of us could benefit from an occasional check up at the Dr. office at this point in life.

Stay safe pals, there is nothing wrong with asking for help from people who dedicate their lives to making ours better.

godbless

RIP

My thoughts exactly. Condolences to rygrim / kohls friends and families. Guy was pretty chill and didn't participate in the shit talking that makes this place so toxic.

To all P99ers please don't sit on health issues, whether it is mental or physical.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platexchange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kohl,

I want to take just a minute to let you know how bad it hurts that you are gone. We've played this god forsaken game together for over a decade and when r99 went live we formed the dynamic trio shody/Danlor/kable. I'll never forget diaper quest as long as we live or the countless hours we'd spend on team speak or texting about how nerdy we are playing on an elf sim for so long.

I hope you are resting well brother, I'll be down to carry you home soon. I want everyone to know kohl was that person whether he was playing rygrim or not. We loved him for being just the best of us. Till we meet again my bro, as always, I got you.

Shody
Pals forever
Closed Thread