Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Issue sarted about few time after the epic patch 2 years ago i recall.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

bump for visibility.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Aviak

when ever I go into TT I start having all sorts of connection issues (chat doesn't work tracking doesn't work etc) right now I am trying to zone into swamp of no hope and it won't let me and I've camped out and came back in multiple times.

It's been real bad for me most of the time it is after 6pm EST, sometime I will try it during lower server pop to see if it is related to that
Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Someone who has this issue:

-Download Wireshark.
-Before you zone into Trakanon, start packet collecting.
-As soon as desync happens, stop capture.
-Save in wireshark as whatever.pcap

It is important to note the time that it happens so we can investigate.

You can email it to testing.p99@gmail.com
Old 01-13-2014, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Issue sarted about few time after the epic patch 2 years ago i recall.
it's been there since day 1 of kunark, i have a thread around first week of kunark in march 2011 about tt / ej desynchs
Old 01-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

I just some very odd client behavior in TT, first time ever had a problem. Mid-continent U.S. (St. Paul, Minnesota) so can't blame it on Euro or Pacific location.

My client had an odd hitch immediately after entering the zone from Swamp of No Hope. The client continued to claim 100% good packets and 66ms ping, but I couldn't send tells (and didn't receive any, although I was in the middle of a conversation with a friend) and couldn't see any NPCs in the zone. When I ran to the Emerald Jungle zoneline and tried to zone out my client first froze and then got disconnected after a minute or two. Got a 1018 (of course) on trying to log back in...

Ok, logged back, server select shows my char in EJ now. v0v

So, no lag but pretty completely desync'd. Wonder if this is related to the problems the overseas guys are having.

[edit]Also, while desync'd in TT I tried foraging and nothing happened. Upon logging back in (in EJ) I find a Mantrap Bud on my cursor, I do not recall that on the forage table in TT. It's a minor thing, but I thought it might shed a little light on the mechanics of the desync.[/edit]
Last edited by kaev; 01-14-2014 at 09:54 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Large Bat

Default Update

As of last patch, I no longer have any issues in this zone. Awesome work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Sarnak

Yep, the issue appears to be rectified. Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Banned

Rogean/Nilbog,

Some details or explanation of this issue?

It's cost me maybe 20 hours total lost time, at least a few percent xp across many chars, etc. Would love to know what the issue was and an explanation of the fix, as technical or not as you like.

Was it related to zone size?
Could it return with zones like WW, EW in velious?
Did you find any links to ae kiting desyncing? (ive not yet had a chance to go run through a kite to see if i go to 8k ms lag and LD since this fix).
Was the fix related solely to TT, or a broader issue?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean/Nilbog,

Some details or explanation of this issue?

It's cost me maybe 20 hours total lost time, at least a few percent xp across many chars, etc. Would love to know what the issue was and an explanation of the fix, as technical or not as you like.

Was it related to zone size?
Could it return with zones like WW, EW in velious?
Did you find any links to ae kiting desyncing? (ive not yet had a chance to go run through a kite to see if i go to 8k ms lag and LD since this fix).
Was the fix related solely to TT, or a broader issue?
A lot had to do with zone size and number of spawns that roam. The client was just receiving too much data too fast.

There were also some potential issues with npc animations, that might have contributed to clients ability to keep up.

The fix?

Dont send more data to the client than it needs.

Your ae kiting throws an aspect into it, i didnt think of. Let me know how that goes. I think i can fix that too if there are problems.

H
Closed Thread