Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Orc

Luclin GTFO. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Orc

I'm sorry but since you can toggle it on and off - I see no reason to not have it an option.

Don't like it, toggle it off. Want it? Toggle it on.

Makes no sense to me to not have the option available.

I know P99 is P99 - but this is a bit too elitist for my taste.

If it is implemented : The default should be with it off though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Azureblaze; 04-27-2010 at 12:34 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureblaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but since you can toggle it on and off - I see no reason to not have it an option.

Don't like it, toggle it off. Want it? Toggle it on.

Makes no sense to me to not have the option available.

I know P99 is P99 - but this is a bit too elitist for my taste.
i like this way of thinking, give the people the option and done.

no fuss or fighting.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I personally think they're absolutely hideous, but if someone else enjoys them and wants to use them .. well .. power to 'em. Doesn't affect me.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally think they're absolutely hideous, but if someone else enjoys them and wants to use them .. well .. power to 'em. Doesn't affect me.
I totally agree with your sentiment, but I disagree with your conclusion.

Since a lot of what makes EverQuest is its social environment, visual discrepancies between clients lead to things like my character looking awesome with classic models and lame with Luclin models. Since the whole reason I want to look awesome is so I look cooler than you, that affects me.

Now, something like spell icons, UI, or the Velious world re-textures? Use whatever you'd like. Those things really don't affect me or my character.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Since a lot of what makes EverQuest is its social environment, visual discrepancies between clients lead to things like my character looking awesome with classic models and lame with Luclin models. Since the whole reason I want to look awesome is so I look cooler than you, that affects me.

Now, something like spell icons, UI, or the Velious world re-textures? Use whatever you'd like. Those things really don't affect me or my character.
Maybe those same people turn them on because they like them better and think you look cooler THAT way. Don't you want people that want the models to like how you look? You are not seeing them if you have them turned off so I don't see an issue.

It's completely user preference since every single model is a toggle, if they like DE better with new models, they will turn it on, thus they will like the way you look better.

Seriously...
Last edited by Azureblaze; 04-27-2010 at 12:39 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

not sure how someone preference of models effects you? you arent sitting at their computer so as far as you know, they could not be using the updated models. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is all based on the ability to personally change the models not a blanket change across the server.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureblaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe those same people turn them on because they like them better and think you look cooler THAT way. Don't you want people that want the models to like how you look? You are not seeing them if you have them turned off so I don't see an issue.

Seriously...
Part of what you do when you select the clothes you wear in the morning is to anticipate the impression they will make on people throughout the day. If everyone sees you in whatever clothes they want to see you in, then any expertise you might have at dressing yourself is rendered pointless.

Perhaps if you completely neglect dressing yourself, this principle makes less sense. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

The one thing I do miss are some of the hairdo and hair color options.
My chanter should be a redhead and my halfling should have hair-chopsticks in her bun!

meh
Old 04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Part of what you do when you select the clothes you wear in the morning is to anticipate the impression they will make on people throughout the day. If everyone sees you in whatever clothes they want to see you in, then any expertise you might have at dressing yourself is rendered pointless.

Perhaps if you completely neglect dressing yourself, this principle makes less sense. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL i play EQ to get away from the aspects of real life. my MMO friends dont care what i wear, its all about skillz.
Closed Thread