Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Banned

Not only is 2 million plat a ridiculous cost for a "bind," the same values need to be set across Blue and Red.

The argument that lockets will suddenly become PVP items used to mass bind melees has been debunked in this thread.

Recharging is a classic mechanic for Classic EQ at least through Luclin that I know of. If blue benefits from this mechanic to recharge mallets, lockets, and puppet strings, then red deserves to be included as well.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not only is 2 million plat a ridiculous cost for a "bind," the same values need to be set across Blue and Red.

The argument that lockets will suddenly become PVP items used to mass bind melees has been debunked in this thread.

Recharging is a classic mechanic for Classic EQ at least through Luclin that I know of. If blue benefits from this mechanic to recharge mallets, lockets, and puppet strings, then red deserves to be included as well.
Saying something was debunked does not mean it was debunked. I am for item recharging as long as those items have very high buy-back costs to stop the abuse they will cause in PvP.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is no parity between Red and Blue now. Take duck-casting and sitting while casting as one example just off the top of my head.

Why would values "need" to be the same? There is no reason except to serve your personal agenda, which, I might add, is why this thread exists.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no parity between Red and Blue now. Take duck-casting and sitting while casting as one example just off the top of my head.

Why would values "need" to be the same? There is no reason except to serve your personal agenda, which, I might add, is why this thread exists.
Lockets are a PVE item. The values to recharge should be the same across blue to red.

Mallets are a PVE item. The values to recharge should be the same across blue to red.

Puppet Strings are a PVE item. The values to recharge should be the same across blue to red.

The ducking while casting and sitting while casting are in fact bugs and have been reported. If you check the actual bug forum you'd know this. The developers have been consumed with Velious and haven't given a stance on the issue yet.

Funny, how you and your crew have quite a few lockets, don't want recharging in so you can benefit the most from having melees bounds in mischief. Thankfully, the staff and developers know that you are a troll and I've been told as much :}~.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying something was debunked does not mean it was debunked. I am for item recharging as long as those items have very high buy-back costs to stop the abuse they will cause in PvP.
High cost?

What's high cost? Current recharge for the locket/puppet strings/mallets are what? Why would they need to be different from blue?

Name one situation that isn't patently ridiculous where a locket would benefit a PVP situation. Mass binding 12 melees outside temple of veeshan so they can pick up their weapons and run unbuffed into NTOV is just about the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I have a locket of escape. I am for recharging.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a locket of escape. I am for recharging.
I have lockets, too. I am for recharging as long as the barrier to do so is very high.

If the buy-back price is not very high then we are opening the door to game-breaking PvP mechanics that were never seen before on Live PvP servers. For example, Trakanon's Tooths being used in excess.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have lockets, too. I am for recharging as long as the barrier to do so is very high.

If the buy-back price is not very high then we are opening the door to game-breaking PvP mechanics that were never seen before on Live PvP servers. For example, Trakanon's Tooths being used in excess.
Can you explain how lockets that can only be used one time before you have to go to a vendor and recharge them will break PVP?

Casters/priests can already bind rush. Casters bind melees in Oggok to bind rush fear.

You keep repeating "game-breaking PvP mechanics" but never explain how.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

20k to recharge

Recharge is going back in
Old 03-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Can you explain how lockets that can only be used one time before you have to go to a vendor and recharge them will break PVP?

Casters/priests can already bind rush. Casters bind melees in Oggok to bind rush fear.

You keep repeating "game-breaking PvP mechanics" but never explain how.
melee bind rushing

zergs bound in plain of mischief locking it down

shadowknight chain harmtouch bind rush

hrmm those are just off the top of my head