Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I loaded up this UI and I like it, it looks great; however everytime I login I'm missing a few windows and I have to reload the UI and have to place all the windows again. I lock the windows but it does no good. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't save like I leave it when i log out?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steenbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loaded up this UI and I like it, it looks great; however everytime I login I'm missing a few windows and I have to reload the UI and have to place all the windows again. I lock the windows but it does no good. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't save like I leave it when i log out?

Thanks
What windows are you on? And do you have UAC enabled? Where is EQ installed?

I would install it to C:\ instead of program files. Windows security features could make the file unwritable. So it cant save the settings.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I reinstalled to C:\ and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

04/25/11: Set classic icons as default.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

First and foremost, thank you for the awesome UI, definintely helps (especially exp grinding, when you actually realize that percent you get per kill, it's not so tedious :P) However I have a question.

I play on a 47-inch HDTV and usually run the resolution at 1600x900, however I mainly run it in that res, because if I go up to 1920x1080 the UI just shrinks down. Now this is easily managed for /chatfont and other windows, but my main concern is if there's any way to increase or double the size of the Spell bar on the side and the buff bar on the side. I love the look of both of them, but the distance from the TV makes reading the spells or buffs/defbuffs a very longterm, painful DoT to the eyes, lol.

So any tip or hints on how to fix those two and make them bigger?

Thank you again for the amazing contribution with all you do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Definitely keeps the Classic gameplay feel without as much of the classic frustrations.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Short of changing the size of the background squares and changing the animations and buff xml files; no its not possible. The UI is setup to allow other custom buff windows from EQInterface.com but remember the amount of buffs allowed here on Project 1999 differ from the current Live versions. You can always delete the EQUI_Buff and EQUI_Shortdurationbuff windows and it will load the defaults (but without spell names) as a basic option.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ah ok, well i'm sure i'll find a work-around with some time and dedication. Thanks again though for the UI and also for the fast response [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry to necro this thread, but i have a quick question regarding vert ui... I really love the UI but i can't stand how tiny the spell bar is and how it looks, is there any way i can have the standard p99 spell bar, but still retain the rest of vert ui?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto
Sorry to necro this thread, but i have a quick question regarding vert ui... I really love the UI but i can't stand how tiny the spell bar is and how it looks, is there any way i can have the standard p99 spell bar, but still retain the rest of vert ui?
Delete the equi_castspellwnd.xml file and it should load the default version.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete the equi_castspellwnd.xml file and it should load the default version.
Awesome, thanks man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)