Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, chaotic chance is exactly what it is. We have just begun to scratch the outer, candy coated shell of space. Not even scratched - we've maybe brushed against it with our shoelaces, and even with that merest of glimpses of the countless solar systems and the possibility of an infinite amount of universes, we are, as far as we're aware (thus far), the only planet capable of a life-giving ecosystem (theories of planets that USED to have life giving eco-systems abound, or at least that had some of the ingredients). Given those damn near infinite amount of other potential options out there, it's not too crazy an idea to believe that we. Just. Got. Lucky.

Unless, of course, you subscribe to the idea that we, out of all the other solar systems and universes, stars, and planets, are just the "special ones". The only jackasses chosen by god. If so, he made a dumb choice. Seriously. US? Have you fuckin' looked at yourself in the mirror? I have, and I'm retarded. I have a hard enough taking care of my dog.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually make decisions that effect the future with the thought that, y'know, that future is actually in our hands, and not in the hands of the Spaghetti Monster?

That's my half-cocked conjecture of the week.

-Ket
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=planets+capable...ving+ecosystem
Old 09-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 09-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, chaotic chance is exactly what it is. We have just begun to scratch the outer, candy coated shell of space. Not even scratched - we've maybe brushed against it with our shoelaces, and even with that merest of glimpses of the countless solar systems and the possibility of an infinite amount of universes, we are, as far as we're aware (thus far), the only planet capable of a life-giving ecosystem (theories of planets that USED to have life giving eco-systems abound, or at least that had some of the ingredients). Given those damn near infinite amount of other potential options out there, it's not too crazy an idea to believe that we. Just. Got. Lucky.
Explain to me how completely new genetic code (that isn't gibberish) can randomly and chaotically come about by chance. Mutations are destructive to genetic code. No genetic code has ever been written that makes any sense from a mutation. You're also ignoring the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which is that things become less organized and decay over time. Entropy.

Quote:
Unless, of course, you subscribe to the idea that we, out of all the other solar systems and universes, stars, and planets, are just the "special ones". The only jackasses chosen by god. If so, he made a dumb choice. Seriously. US? Have you fuckin' looked at yourself in the mirror? I have, and I'm retarded. I have a hard enough taking care of my dog.
The multiverse theory is nonsense

Quote:
Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually make decisions that effect the future with the thought that, y'know, that future is actually in our hands, and not in the hands of the Spaghetti Monster?

That's my half-cocked conjecture of the week.

-Ket
Pretty half cocked
Old 09-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think your Government controlled Indoctrination centers teach you Truth?

Hahahahahahaha ....
I know you didnt come up with the whole "evolution is a lie" crap yourself. Ever ask yourself if maybe the people feeding you this tripe have an agenda themselves? Pot meet keetle, perhaps?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

G13, I just have one question. How high are you?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you didnt come up with the whole "evolution is a lie" crap yourself. Ever ask yourself if maybe the people feeding you this tripe have an agenda themselves? Pot meet keetle, perhaps?
I'm not interested in your ignorant buffoonery

Show me one example of a change of kinds

Show me one example of coherent and intelligent genetic code coming about completely by random chaotic chance from a mutation

Just give me one. They've been trying with fruitflies now for years. Countless generations of fruit flies. Guess what. still all fruit flies. Sure, you'll get some random mis-happen mutations that serve no purpose. Still genetically fruit flies.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
G13, I just have one question. How high are you?
Feel free to answer my questions

Enlighten me

Show me the proof
Old 09-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain to me how completely new genetic code (that isn't gibberish) can randomly and chaotically come about by chance. Mutations are destructive to genetic code. No genetic code has ever been written that makes any sense from a mutation. You're also ignoring the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which is that things become less organized and decay over time. Entropy.
When the Sun stops giving the earth a constant flow of new energy we can talk about entropy.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm not interested in your ignorant buffoonery

Show me one example of a change of kinds

Show me one example of coherent and intelligent genetic code coming about completely by random chaotic chance from a mutation

Just give me one. They've been trying with fruitflies now for years. Countless generations of fruit flies. Guess what. still all fruit flies. Sure, you'll get some random mis-happen mutations that serve no purpose. Still genetically fruit flies.
The guys can't even respond with any sort of intellectual comment of any sorts (unless spamming that people are ignorant counts). I wouldn't except him to give any sort of concrete evidence to support his cause.
Closed Thread