Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else see the future on this one? Each and every day they do a reset on the server there will be a thread in here of a casual player complaining because they couldn't play much and get one group all week long and this just happened to be the time the server was taken down and wrecked their group?
LOL. yep, and thats about as classic as classic could ever hope to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

I think most of the time when servers were coming down it was ~5 minute warning. 10 is a nice amount though, especially for melees who will have a harder time finding a safe spot in a short amount of time.

I'm in favor of instant repops, just because it would allow for a greater number of guilds to attempt targets. If the spawns are staggered, it makes it easier for one guild to get all of them.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in favor of instant repops, just because it would allow for a greater number of guilds to attempt targets. If the spawns are staggered, it makes it easier for one guild to get all of them.
+1
Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps there could be a compromise with no VP trains for 2 hours during simulated resets.

I do find it a bit amusing that so many people are talking about how great it is to train in VP. The attitudes were a bit different when VD was doing it last spring.
VD wasn't training, they were abusing a bug that CSR turned a blind eye to. Amazing how abusing a quest or pathing can get you perma banned, but using a bug to fully heal a target is okay.

If people were able to go around and fully heal normal mobs, you can bet your ass that they would have banned people for it. However, considering GMs/Guides like to do whatever they want for their own personal reasons, you get stuff like that on the regular here.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

Amelinda asked what she should do about it. She was told just to not worry about it till the patch went in. This is what she told me, and that is what she enforced. There was no personal vendetta at all.

Attacking the reputation of the staff won't be tolerated.

Quote:
01[18:06] Ambrotos> well on the topic of morons
01[18:06] Ambrotos> im sure this is one of the last things you want
01[18:06] Ambrotos> anyways, this entire mem blur shit etc etc
01[18:07] Ambrotos> from my understanding the mobs regen health too fast, and its not working as it really should
01[18:08] Ambrotos> im perfectly willing to stand up and say cut that shit out, its agianist the spirit of the rogean law
[18:08] Amelinda> that's up to you - i'm not going to make anyone do that.
[18:08] Amelinda> i asked rogean about it.
[18:08] Amelinda> and he said don't do anything for now.
[18:09] Amelinda> i'm going to talk to him about the fact that they regen too fast.
And guess what. I told VD to stop and they did.
Last edited by Ambrotos; 10-15-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Good to see Ambrotos dishing out going away presents, LOL. Cya Autotune.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda asked what she should do about it. She was told just to not worry about it till the patch went in. This is what she told me, and that is what she enforced. There was no personal vendetta at all.

Attacking the reputation of the staff won't be tolerated.

And guess what. I told VD to stop and they did.
Oh, I knew it wasn't you, no reason to get all upset about what I said. The call came directly from Rogean. Still doesn't make what I said any different. The same thing they were doing could be done by anyone to snag XP and loot from kills (which is how the bug was found to do what it does to raid mobs).

Rogean had his own personal reasons for making that call, doesn't make it any more correct.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Teleporting people or moving them against their will - do not like.

I would rather disconnect everyone and have them able to rejoin than move them.
Believe it or not, zone repops (aka Repop IMMINENT message) would sometimes move people, but I don't know if the teleport had occurred in classic/kunark, and/or if the teleport would only occur in zones with boats.

I think the only time I've heard of it disconnecting people is if the something terrible occurred, like the zone crashing on repop.

I honestly think moving people is a bad idea:

Oh a zone repop happens in 5 minutes? Let me log into my non-caster who is stuck deep in a dungeon, for a free teleport somewhere safe!

Or

Crap, I don't want it to teleport me. I better just log off right before the teleport happens. Then I can log back in right after the teleport moves everyone so I can steal their camps.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Everyone doesn't get a shot, this isn't WoW.

Get organized, surely you can all camp out somewhere while something is in window and get at least a few mobs? Doesn't have to be Trak, just make sure you get certain ones.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I do not think this should happen.

-Respawning of npcs - classic? check.
-Catching up on missing spawns due to lack of patches - classic? check.
-Teleporting people or moving them against their will - do not like.

I would rather disconnect everyone and have them able to rejoin than move them.
I'm not sure how much coding would be required but for the imminent simulated reset, people in those zones already should have a safe area to wait for the server to come back up. They are already in that zone so they should have first shot at it.

Examples:

Plane of Fear/Plane of Hate: Zonein is safe so that a guild that's already been there for 5 hours can have a shot at the the bosses there by allowing them to camp at the zone in and reassemble after the server comes back up. If multiple guilds were already there then they would have to race to create a path to the boss to get FTE without training each other (fun).

Plane of Sky: Zonein is safe no issues if a guild is already there they would have to jump off and get ready to port back up quickly after reset.

Trakanon: Whichever guild can assemble quicker after loging back in and pulling to get FTE. The entire zone should be all empty for 5 minutes so that you don't disrupt people there just to exp that much and they have time to log back in and reform their groups before having to deal with an instant respawn of mobs.

Just my 2 coppers.
Last edited by Artaenc; 10-16-2012 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: corrected grammar.
Closed Thread