Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2022, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

There's no such thing as talent.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a circle
Oval*
Old 04-18-2022, 09:23 PM
Banned

Being downvoted on social media because of giving people facts and examples that don't support their liberal bias lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no such thing as talent.

Idk man. I'm no musician. I've seen kids take to drumming like breathing. I've seen ppl work there whole lives to get where Tuna is.

I couldn't even play sheet music or remember a single song like frere jacques. No matter how much effort I put in. I even had to Google the song title.

That doesn't mean talented people aren't skilled. Talented people are still skilled.
Last edited by starkind; 04-18-2022 at 09:28 PM..
Old 04-18-2022, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

A federal judge on Monday voided the Biden administration's transportation mask mandate from the CDC
Old 04-18-2022, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A federal judge on Monday voided the Biden administration's transportation mask mandate from the CDC
And again the WH says to ignore the judges and wear masks.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Starkind, that's an excuse mindset. I've played the guitar 25 years, I was very blessed to be introduced to it by my uncle when I was 12 years old. I do admit there is such a thing as a natural aptitude towards certain things. Some will be good at drawing, music, this, that, the other. I also have many other "talents", things that people see me do and say "wow, I wish I could do that"
I'm here to tell you, YOU CAN. Get to work.

Anything you've ever seen, in your whole life, another human being do. (you're a human being too right, 2 hands, 10 fingers) YOU CAN DO IT TOO.
Last edited by GinnasP99; 04-18-2022 at 09:49 PM..
Old 04-18-2022, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Ohh here's something else to chew on, that excuse mindset. "I couldn't even play sheet music"

Being a beginner IS OK. Everyone sucks when they start something. Everyone.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:15 PM
Banned

I get that. 99% of the time it's excuses too for real. You're not wrong. Exactly..

I'm like neurologically busted in this regard its not an excuse. I spent 2 years trying to get any good at sax. 1 with piano... one singing...

If it doesn't matter...what I'm playing or don't need to play it again ever the sameish way or correctly even. I did alright)

Also still tone def too lol.

I am good at like...something tho. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just ain't songs lol.

Maybe I just needed to keep trying for like an entire decade! I don't mean to be a dreamkiller...

If it's something u want and it's not hurting anyone or yourself... never give up.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starkind, that's an excuse mindset. I've played the guitar 25 years, I was very blessed to be introduced to it by my uncle when I was 12 years old. I do admit there is such a thing as a natural aptitude towards certain things. Some will be good at drawing, music, this, that, the other. I also have many other "talents", things that people see me do and say "wow, I wish I could do that"
I'm here to tell you, YOU CAN. Get to work.

Anything you've ever seen, in your whole life, another human being do. (you're a human being too right, 2 hands, 10 fingers) YOU CAN DO IT TOO.
I used to get in endless natural talent vs hard work debates with my high school friends regarding sports. I had one who was talented at baseball, enough to walk onto varsity as a sophomore, who practiced only the minimum, and would harp about talent being just as important as work

In psych we are trained that it’s better to validate work than talent or “born-with” gifts, especially with kids. If a kid gets a good grade, validate with “Wow you musta studied hard for that, good job!” Rather than “Wow you are really bright!” Because one sets up a path to improvement, and the other sets up a barrier where the kid might think they’re not smart enough, or as smart as they thought, when they inevitably get a bad grade
Old 04-18-2022, 10:21 PM
Banned

If someone could have just brainwashed me into being halfway able to sing an entire song.

I woulda had Taylor swifts slot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]