Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

Super excited.

I would personally lean away from the full repop just due to there not really being any problems with non-raid mobs that are significant enough to mention.

Adding a bonus spawn rate to all mobs might be unbalancing when that is not really warranted for anything but the raid targets.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

While I am in favor of a flat out full respawn, has the anti-camp code been considered?

Flag any zone that is a dungeon as "anti-camp." When the server fully respawns, any spawn points within, say, 30 feet of a PC will not repop inside dungeons. This creates a protective bubble around players at the bottom of a dungeon. If they so choose, they can leave the spawn points before the reset so that the named they're camping will repop. Best of both worlds maybe.
Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 10-15-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I am in favor of a flat out full respawn, has the anti-camp code been considered?

Flag any zone that is a dungeon as "anti-camp." When the server fully respawns, any spawn points within, say, 30 feet of a PC will not repop inside dungeons. This creates a protective bubble around players at the bottom of a dungeon. If they so choose, they can leave the spawn points before the reset so that the named they're camping will repop. Best of both worlds maybe>
Could be used to just greif people, and there are people who would be willing to do it. I wouldn't advise this.

On live it was a random timer of when servers crashed/patched. I remember the guild I was in would have to send out trackers to different zones to see what was up. Not sure when it started or ended, but it did make us race a few times. I would say do this and have the major spawns have a variance of 10 mins-2 hours of spawning after the server comes back up.

Would cause people to have to react to stuff popping, and will make people make choices at the risk of going after major targets. They could be caught in some random zone killing something, when something else spawns allowing some other force to have a higher chance.
Last edited by Ambrotos; 10-15-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I do not think this should happen.

-Respawning of npcs - classic? check.
-Catching up on missing spawns due to lack of patches - classic? check.
-Teleporting people or moving them against their will - do not like.

I would rather disconnect everyone and have them able to rejoin than move them.
/agree

i dont like the teleporting idea either, just give people plenty of notice and let them plan accordingly
Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Disconnection and full server repop is so classic, like it.

To the nay sayers that insist velious will be the cureall; whilst that is more than likely true, atleast at first, it really is just putting a bandaid on the problem. What happens 3 or so years after velious has been out (assuming the servers still going) ? Yes there are more raid targets in general but the potential for the same crap to keep rearing it's head will be there because the problem hasn't been resolved one way or the other.

As for VP being GM free with no rules being classic, it's my understanding (and I'm reallly unsure of this!) that during classic live there were no real zergfest guilds mullering the zone because the t'internet back then just couldn't handle it. If that's the case then it seems somewhat paradoxical to insist on the same ruleset unless guild/raid size is reduced to classic level.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
As for VP being GM free with no rules being classic, it's my understanding (and I'm reallly unsure of this!) that during classic live there were no real zergfest guilds mullering the zone because the t'internet back then just couldn't handle it. If that's the case then it seems somewhat paradoxical to insist on the same ruleset unless guild/raid size is reduced to classic level.
This is true to an extent, however, the regen on the dragons is, in my view, higher than it was on live and the AEs seem to be far more dangerous on a few of the dragons. This is excellent here because it ends up providing a reasonable approximation of the difficulty we faced at the time on live.

Silverwing here is actually fairly dangerous whereas on live she was a total joke. Hoshkar here is still a massive threat, but he's never been able to pull off a gate. I was not a melee on live (wizard), but it seems to me push occurs far too often here. Of course, my memory could just be off and we were just really dumb when it came to stopping gates on live.

Nexona is an ass-beater, and Druushk can occasionally wipe a raid if people have bad luck on their saving throws. Phara`Dar is a joke here, but this is probably due to us having MR scores 2-3 timers higher than live. Xygoz was, and always will be, a joke
Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Just pointing out the obvious, this is a flaw in EQ design. There is a reason I like PvE servers. I just don't like competing against other players that are a lot better or have more time on their hands. So I just give up and let them have their pixels, I'll go find some other pixels to play with.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Perhaps there could be a compromise with no VP trains for 2 hours during simulated resets.

I do find it a bit amusing that so many people are talking about how great it is to train in VP. The attitudes were a bit different when VD was doing it last spring.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I do find it a bit amusing that so many people are talking about how great it is to train in VP. The attitudes were a bit different when VD was doing it last spring.
That is because we as a group are not logicians and philosophers, but instead greedy backstabbing rumor mongers at heart. Our realm is not Platonism, but bitterness and recrimination. (Read: lolololololzzz)
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid mobs would respawn instantly until luclin I believe. DKP records of prominent guilds seem to support this fact (not that I have them on hand but they were posted in a thread a long time ago about Trak's spawn time).
Some did and some didn't, and according to this list Trakanon specifically remained an instant spawn after patches.

Before anyone loses their shit over me not stating what should be obvious; I have no idea when that list becomes relevant in the timeline or how accurate it is, it's just a preliminary google search that obviously needs more looking into. Just seems Trakanon shouldn't be the measuring stick we should use.
Last edited by Arrisard; 10-15-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Closed Thread