Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're wrong.

I personally don't care what the rabble wants. I'm here to just play a game.
A lot of people are here to make this their full time mmo x1000.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Erollisi Marr was different than the rest, but that is not the experience I had in 1999. I had petitions which never got answered, players resolving conflicts in lieu of gm support, absolutely no communication with developers, and reboots which happened out of nowhere, sometimes 5+ times a day.
This server is having a really good run for being a private hosted server. Almost 3 years of being live, talked about on tons of different websites and no one is close to matching the classic feel. Just the general community needs to be whipped back into shape and I don't a staff of GMs could do that. The community needs to fix and support itself to overcome all this BS thats going on.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Erollisi Marr was different than the rest, but that is not the experience I had in 1999. I had petitions which never got answered, players resolving conflicts in lieu of gm support, absolutely no communication with developers, and reboots which happened out of nowhere, sometimes 5+ times a day.
My experience on Quellious wasn't that bad tbh. GMs were always helpful, and all the way up until I quit in 2008 they held frequent GM events etc to mingle with players, I wanna say maybe once every 2 weeks? Once a month at most? They also were good about downtimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people get mad when they don't see status updates of new content and patches. They assume after awhile your not doing anything and wonder if they are waste time. IMO the biggest guild on the server should be putting in a lot more effort into keeping people around and starting server events. Suppose that is asking for way to much tho.
Events is more the domain of a GM or Guide. Though being a free server and the GM's and Guides have more important things to do then run a level 60 event in Blackburrow, it's probably be more efficient to "hire" on people who's sole job is GM events and nothing else. I'd be willing to do it.

The players do have a role almost as important, if not just as important, as a GM in terms of server life. Especially the more popular/active/vocal players. An MMO is nothing without it's playerbase and the players are one half of the reflection of what your experience on a server/game is going to be like were you to play there. That isn't to say that players can't run events, it's just significantly harder for them to do so. One reason being that a GM can just summon reward items etc on a whim. Players would have to deplete their own resources, such as items or large volumes of plat, many players don't even have and most of the rest aren't willing to part with. Another reason being it's difficult to communicate with other players to start and run an event without the broadcast command on a server that doesn't support a server-wide channel.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HoMM.
I know this game~
Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

I think that several people had convinced themselves and each other that the server would fold without their presence. =)
Old 05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Events is more the domain of a GM or Guide. Though being a free server and the GM's and Guides have more important things to do then run a level 60 event in Blackburrow, it's probably be more efficient to "hire" on people who's sole job is GM events and nothing else. I'd be willing to do it.
Just even hosting a unrest event clearing the zone and rolling on drops would be tons of fun. Tank and spank raiding isn't that fun for long and we can't pvp on off hours. We need something to do!!! Funny how people say how WoW doesn't have a community and you don't need anyone else to enjoy the game. How is one powerhouse (not friendly) guild, no server events and doing nothing but cock blocking content a community? Shit you can't even be a new EQ player here without being trolled to hell. Aren't most of us in our 20s,30s and 40s anyway??? Grow up and enjoy this community based game. Then again it's way more fun to be a dick to someone then to be nice nowa days. I blame society..
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Banned

I would prefer the devs spend their time working on Velious than working on events that you could take upon yourself to create.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Skeleton

please guys this is rants and flames please dont poke fun, prod, or be mean and unthoughtful to anyone. Everything is fun in games, till someone gets there feelings hurt.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Default lol

just because you expect eq to entertain you for 18 hours a day everyday, for the rest of your life.

Does not mean everyone else expects that. Many people still have things to do in game. lol....

Take a break, and come back when velius is complete if your that bored. It doesnt have to be the end of the server just because a few fat asses have run out of content.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Kobold

im just gonna speak up for some of the folks that have been playing on this server for years and dont post much on the forums. i only skimmed this thread, but sense i started this server more then 2 years ago, i have read the forums atleast twice a week.

i still have less then 100 posts.

i think prob 60% of the server is like this, i feel bad for rogean and nilbog, they have worked hard to give us a free game (one of the better ones made i might add) and forum trolls with 1000 posts a week shit all over them.

oh, let me make a thread every day saying this server is great and awesome and alive, perhaps people will believe that.

my point is this, the loudest voices are often just yelling bullshit, while the rest of us farm seafurys and chat with our guilds quietly.

<Grunny Swampskin>Retired
<Brennard>Retired
<Alton> Retired
<Vizuni>
Closed Thread