Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-07-2022, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope they merge Green with Blue. More people to play with! Gear I have on Green, or on blue I can use between my characters! Sounds like a good idea
I agree! Would be awesome to go back to the glory days when we had one really populated server instead of two unpopulated/semi populated servers
Old 06-07-2022, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

I'll offer an alternate opinion: I don't much care whether or not servers merge or remain separate. In either case much gobbling will likely ensue, but it won't be from me.

Danth
Old 06-07-2022, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

if blue is considered a beta server, why isnt it named p99 beta server by now?
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 06-07-2022, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlust666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP comes across as a super jerk and obvious troll. I'd respect the arguments more if they weren't directed with vitriol and malice. It's a game after all... No need to be mad.
So what you're saying is that you're swayed more by emotion than you are by the actual merit of the conversation.

What left is there to do but mock such a perspective?

Thomas Jefferson still being right.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree! Would be awesome to go back to the glory days when we had one really populated server instead of two unpopulated/semi populated servers
And now they're just directly coming out and saying it.

I told you I was right all along. Feel free to hate on me if you want, but I called it all along.

It's the same group of blues brigading posts because of the following reasons, which I've already mentioned.

- They want the Legacy loot
- They're scared blue will be deprecated and to prevent this want the pop back on blue
- They're scared the blue raiding scene is dying and want to maintain their sway
- They want to save their character progression, so merging players who dont want to be on blue ruleset is fine by them, even though blue is a minority. Your time doesnt matter so long as their experience is preserved.

You want to know why I'm so condescending towards these people? It's because I just cant stand deceitful worms like them.

Read the whole thread, and you'll see them deny the accusations about their ulterior motives at first, and then start outright admitting them.

Why would anyone want to go back to blue when the population is filled with degenerates like this?
Old 06-07-2022, 09:43 PM
Kobold

I've never heard of a beta server that has more features and a better QoL(target cycling, pet windows, 10 hotkeys) than the suppose "finalized" server, sounds to me like you have which server is beta backwards.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never heard of a beta server that has more features and a better QoL(target cycling, pet windows, 10 hotkeys) than the suppose "finalized" server, sounds to me like you have which server is beta backwards.
because those features arent classic. Green is the most classic version of EQ we have available on the project.

None of those features existed on the timeline.

Blue was the testing grounds for a lot of things, and so everything from loot to progression to raid scene is super janky and bad.

Only people pushing for merges to blue are the ones that have invested YEARS into their characters there and dont want them to become obsolete.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if blue is considered a beta server, why isnt it named p99 beta server by now?
Don't know, why dont you peruse the wiki and then address your question to Rogean.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server

Quote:
Blue (and Red) Post-Green
Although Blue's original purpose was to sever as a "Beta" server for Green, after Green's release the Blue (and Red?) will continue running, at the current (just before Luclin) point in the timeline. "Classically inspired" custom content may be added in the future.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now they're just directly coming out and saying it.

I told you I was right all along. Feel free to hate on me if you want, but I called it all along.

It's the same group of blues brigading posts because of the following reasons, which I've already mentioned.

- They're scared blue will be deprecated and to prevent this want the pop back on blue
- They're scared the blue raiding scene is dying and want to maintain their sway
- They want to save their character progression, so merging players who dont want to be on blue ruleset is fine by them, even though blue is a minority. Your time doesnt matter so long as their experience is preserved.

You want to know why I'm so condescending towards these people? It's because I just cant stand deceitful worms like them.

Read the whole thread, and you'll see them deny the accusations about their ulterior motives at first, and then start outright admitting them.

Why would anyone want to go back to blue when the population is filled with degenerates like this?
I play both servers regularly and enjoy both of them equally! EQ is just better with more people and they’re both at the same point in their timelines at this point, so I think when we merge it will be even more fun than playing on both as I do now!
Old 06-08-2022, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- They want a healthy amount of players on whichever server they decide to play on and there aren't enough people interested in any flavor of P99 to support 3 well populated servers. Why the fuck is this so hard for you? Let's address each of these dumbass points (again)

1: Don't care about loot on any server
2: Don't care about blue (or green)
3: Don't care about blue raid scene (see my RNF posts making fun of it constantly)
4: Don't care about my blue characters/progression (have repeatedly said I'd prefer blue be wiped)

Literally every one of your talking points is stupid and doesn't apply to me and very likely doesn't apply to most people disagreeing with you. It's a cute strawman you're arguing with but give it a rest.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 06-08-2022 at 12:44 AM..