Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-26-2022, 10:05 PM
Banned

If anything Twitter will probably begin to resemble here, for what that’s worth

Let’s be real, a lot of the conservatives here, probably including myself, would have long since been banned from Twitter if we posted there like we do here. Now, possibly we won’t be

What will that result in? Arguments. Lots and lots of arguments. Which in my opinion is better than an echo chamber. At least if they are productive arguments. And by productive I mean not degenerating into pointless name-calling. Not productive as in changing anyone’s mind about something political. That is simply not possible

If Twitter can change to a place of productive political arguments rather than some leftist echo-chamber, I may even be tempted to check it out tbh
Old 04-26-2022, 10:17 PM
Banned

*Debates!

When will anyone learn to listen and understand people they don't like or agree with again tho?
Old 04-26-2022, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let’s be real, a lot of the conservatives here, probably including myself, would have long since been banned from Twitter if we posted there like we do here. Now, possibly we won’t be

What will that result in? Arguments. Lots and lots of arguments. Which in my opinion is better than an echo chamber. At least if they are productive arguments. And by productive I mean not degenerating into pointless name-calling. Not productive as in changing anyone’s mind about something political. That is simply not possible

If Twitter can change to a place of productive political arguments rather than some leftist echo-chamber, I may even be tempted to check it out tbh
He may torment us a little but probably can't get too wild with changes, being so beholden to his creditors in the purchase. I doubt the harassment policy(90% of bans) changes much.

And just as they hold his leash, so do we consoomers hold theirs. For who else would buy their products to create such profits as they enjoy?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2022, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He may torment us a little but probably can't get too wild with changes, being so beholden to his creditors in the purchase. I doubt the harassment policy(90% of bans) changes much.

And just as they hold his leash, so do we consoomers hold theirs. For who else would buy their products to create such profits as they enjoy?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s more about the perception. Twitter is a mouthpiece for famous people. When a pleb like me sees a semi-famous conservative like Matt Walsh or Mark Dice get banned from Twitter, and find out why, it’s usually not harassment. It very well may be that all the crazies getting banned for harassment is really the bulk of the bans, but that’s not what keeps plebs like me away. What keeps me away is hearing about the famous people, possibly being made an example of as a show of brinksmanship, getting banned for trivial reasons, basically for being conservative publicly

If the perception of Twitter changes radically, it could result in more people being willing to check it out. This will definitely be tempered by fragile-minded progressives leaving. Lots of people like the not-quite-blackface-wearing white activist Shawn King have already left as of today. So overall it might still be a net loss for twitter’s total user-base
Old 04-27-2022, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Debates!

When will anyone learn to listen and understand people they don't like or agree with again tho?
People do not see and experience the same things you do when you are experiencing psychosis or mania. We can politely point it out to try to help

The mad ramblings or fears or persecutory delusions of someone experiencing the troubling effects of their illness are unimportant and a distraction.

Take your health more seriously. People survived World Wars and Genocide events and moved on - they didnt invent or grab ahold of shadow scenarios or greatly exaggerated culture war "problems."

#Turnoffyourfucking screens more and be a real human being ffs
Old 04-27-2022, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s more about the perception. Twitter is a mouthpiece for famous people. When a pleb like me sees a semi-famous conservative like Matt Walsh or Mark Dice get banned from Twitter, and find out why, it’s usually not harassment. It very well may be that all the crazies getting banned for harassment is really the bulk of the bans, but that’s not what keeps plebs like me away. What keeps me away is hearing about the famous people, possibly being made an example of as a show of brinksmanship, getting banned for trivial reasons, basically for being conservative publicly

If the perception of Twitter changes radically, it could result in more people being willing to check it out. This will definitely be tempered by fragile-minded progressives leaving. Lots of people like the not-quite-blackface-wearing white activist Shawn King have already left as of today. So overall it might still be a net loss for twitter’s total user-base
If it's good for Twitter, it's bad for the miscreants on other tweeting services.

And that's a very good thing. Pras Elon!
Old 04-27-2022, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

lol you would not be banned on Twitter. But yes, some of the bigger braindeads here would’ve been, which I agree is a bad thing. Silencing opponents doesn’t engender peaceable discussion and consensus (the things necessary for civic participation and democracy). Very dumb to force people to the margins and pretend you’ve ended “wrong think”
Old 04-28-2022, 02:16 PM
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg E540A488-8E9D-47B3-AE23-EF06905FD7EB.jpg (24.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-28-2022, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol you would not be banned on Twitter. But yes, some of the bigger braindeads here would’ve been, which I agree is a bad thing. Silencing opponents doesn’t engender peaceable discussion and consensus (the things necessary for civic participation and democracy). Very dumb to force people to the margins and pretend you’ve ended “wrong think”
let's ask milo yiannopoulos
Old 04-28-2022, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
let's ask milo yiannopoulos
our generations Icarus

history is a treadmill.