Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been the shortcut for a couple editions of windows.
I kept XP throught he vista era and only upgraded to 7 about a year ago :P
Old 01-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kept XP throught he vista era and only upgraded to 7 about a year ago :P
It is present in XP, I used it on this box that is still running XP.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is present in XP, I used it on this box that is still running XP.
Now that you mention it I do recall it in xp, it never did that on my standard home edition or whatever it was called, I do remember using it on office computer in a call center however. Perhaps it was a feature that could be enabled or disabled then?

Also I realize saying I only switched off xp a year ago is a gross exaggeration; I just bought a copy of w7 about a year and a half ago but previously had used computers with it pre-installed.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works within the same zone too, you just need to make sure that you do /corpse first, don't move, and are standing exactly on your corpse before the cleric starts casting the res.
don't need to be at your corpse within zone, but this method makes it much much easier
Old 01-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When levitating, alt tab to another window when at the lowest "bob", and click back in at the peak - do this a few times to raise yourself up a bit. Helpful for going up ledges in HS or what not. If you cant easily time the "bobs" because they're too fast, adjust your max FPS down.

Another is fall damage. If you have a computer capable of running EQ at high FPS (nearly all of us should), set your max FPS slider to max before dropping - you can drop into the hole etc and take minimal fall damage. Not sure if there is a limit to how far you can fall before breaking your back this way.... Set max fps slider back after you drop.
Is there any advantage to having the FPS set to anything below the max, aside from making lev trick easier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters (or anyone thats a gnome) can "gnome" their way through the hole entrance underwater gate / wall.
Halflings can do this too
Old 01-25-2015, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When memming spells, you can click the spell then press the appropriate hotkey ie. if you have spell gem 1 bound to the number 1 key, you can click any spell, have the spell in your cursor then simply hit the number 1 key to mem it into the first gem slot.
awesome, learned something--thanks! just pressing alt+2 with spell on cursor let me mem in 2nd spell slot
Old 01-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any advantage to having the FPS set to anything below the max, aside from making lev trick easier?
Turn rate is much higher at lower fps when right clicking unless you use something like wineq/eqplaynice
Old 01-25-2015, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terdnado [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also like to make macros for toggling between sitting/standing

/stand
/cast #
/pause (however long cast time is plus an extra second or so)
/sit
The problem with /pause is that once the pause command starts, you cant do anything else until it's over. So if you made one of these hotkeys to do a CH, and you decided to cancel it and do a remedy instead, you'd be stuck.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Annihilator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all bankers can be used by anyone, regardless of faction.

get close to a KOS banker but stay out of their vision, use camera angles to get a visual on them to be able to click them.

freeport banker is a classic. there's a handy wall there to hide behind, and no roaming guards to disrupt you.
OT outpost bank, the wall to the right of the door where the bankers are just inside. No need for LoS, just go first person and right click spam the wall till you hit a gnome banker and you're in. I think a lot of people know this one already though.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Sitting with your face in the wall right near the zone in @ Sirens Grotto and camping 2 times back to back will magically succor you to the other side of the zone.
Closed Thread