Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfina89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhhhh, maybe before you guys try to argue with Emoqq, you should read his entire post. He makes a very clear and valid point on needing non-classic solutions for a non-classic, serious problem. Plus, it isn't just level 5's. It is people of all levels who happen to be doing things like ooooh, maybe trying to BUY or SELL something, like tends to happen in EC. I saw it all go down for several hours today and I saw plenty of Mains die because of it.
I enjoy the trains. It never affects me because i don't let my evil characters hang freely there. EC is patrolled by freeport - evil characters are always in danger in their land! Just because we know the pathing of guards doesn't/shouldn't make us safe! Come on, the trains show us how we take the game mechanics for granted and forget the fantasy world we play in.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Skeleton

What about those not "hanging freely" but are doing trading? Any reason they deserve to die while trying to obtain an item, just because they happen to want to actually use evil races? This is not part of the game. This is some angry person altering the game to suit their wishes.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoy the trains. It never affects me because i don't let my evil characters hang freely there. EC is patrolled by freeport - evil characters are always in danger in their land! Just because we know the pathing of guards doesn't/shouldn't make us safe! Come on, the trains show us how we take the game mechanics for granted and forget the fantasy world we play in.
Someone is abusing the mechanics of the game to grief other players. How do you construct some sort of roleplaying justification for it. Are you retarded?
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

honestly the devs need to find a way to make bans more permenant, fixing ec isnt going to stop their douche baggery simple case is acabab trained upper guk and killed aton of people exping. Fixing ec will be nothing more then a light patch hes going to continue this unless hes stopped at the source
Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Orc

This Abacab person did tons of trains. First, there were the guk ones. Then, when they took global away, he trained slate and stuff on tunnel so they would bring it back. Now, he is in a new dude, training a near impossible kill into the tunnel. He is probably a 7 year old little brat wacking off to Pokemon while he waits for Rinna to come back to the hut so he can start again.

Either Rinna needs to be made indifferent or dubious to everyone, or she needs to have a anti-train ability like stun. That way, ogres, trolls, and guys hated by clerics (My SK) dont get griefed.

For those that complain about Slate, he is classic, so leave him alone. But Rinna, who cant even be killed now, needs to be taken care of.

P.S. P99 kills live. So dont post those screens. They fail in comparison to the amazingness of classic EQ lol =]
Last edited by Malinrol; 07-29-2010 at 05:32 AM..
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfina89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about those not "hanging freely" but are doing trading? Any reason they deserve to die while trying to obtain an item, just because they happen to want to actually use evil races? This is not part of the game. This is some angry person altering the game to suit their wishes.
Wait, what? You enter a zone with KoS NPCs and expect it to always be safe? Yes, the trains are constant, but make a trading alt, don't stand in obviously unsafe places, be more aware. You're KoS for a reason that YOU CHOSE and you don't want to put up with the faction issues? Fixing the non-stop training is one thing but you shouldn't expect to be safe in a zone, ever, if you're KoS to even a SINGLE mob.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those that complain about Slate, he is classic, so leave him alone. But Rinna, who cant even be killed now, needs to be taken care of.
She was killed last night!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonicdeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She was killed last night!
By who? I know the GM's despawned her once, but i hadn't heard that she had been killed.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Basically Riley and some friends rolled in, saw that she was killing people by Adcanbanoob, A shaman was slowing and keeping her debuffed while the mage pets were attacking. Then it came to be that like 10 or so people were nuking, and hitting her to bring her down. Was fun to watch!
I have screens, but they are at home... I am sure someone will post.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Aviak

could you put a tether on her, so if she paths too far from the hut her hate list is wiped and she ports back? (don't dragons have similar mechanic but with summoning?) Or make her a more efficient killer, faster then sow speed, non snareable/rootable, train would end before it starts.

Also this is not just a evil race kos issue, they exploit buffs/heals to get people on her hate list as well
Closed Thread