Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

I have never clicked a manastone in my EQ life, and I pretty much almost exclusively solo'd two clerics to 55.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Someone explain to me how this item can have any value to anyone but a cleric as more than an overpriced trinket? Especially considering how mind numbling boring and easy all Classic content is.
Will post a video after Sol Ro is released and I wanna pump the price of manastone up. Not until then, lest the camp become overcrowded and impossible to camp another. But know this: (1) manastone is not only for classic. (2) manastone is not only for cleric.

If you don't know, you will know, and...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knowing_is_half_the_battle.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-04-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

I have seen a druid and a wizard use one once. Didn't impress me much though. I felt like it gave them only a slight advantage in downtime over not having it. Like. 5% less downtime. Just how much it felt different with them in the group vs someone without a manastone. I feel like it was more a peace of mind thing or something to help with an obsessive compulsion to be "doing something".

I had a cleric friend who bought one eventually, but I outleveled them by being clever long before they bought the stone.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get having a manastone on a cleric, with CH and 2000 health, they can turn 400 mana into 650 mana every 15 seconds or so. About 2.5x faster than meditating with Clarity.

But on a Shaman or Druid, it's 200 mana for Chloroplast and takes 15 minutes to get 1500 health back. So 200 mana for 1500 health which you can turn into 500 mana. So that's an extra 300 mana every 15 minutes.

Someone explain to me how this item can have any value to anyone but a cleric as more than an overpriced trinket? Especially considering how mind numbling boring and easy all Classic content is.
It s only got value on a wizard who has an epic past classic truthfully.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Not going back within 12 pages to find the guy who said, "everyone knows the power of the manastone" or something to that effect... but it was said by someone!

I wish he could see some of these responses to see how wrong he is.

In terms of ability to go from OOM to full past classic on a solo character, it's very close between an epic'd wizard and a druid. Stay tuned for that video. Release date: One day after Sol Ro patch.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanna pump the price of manastone up.
I'm not really sure how anybody can pump up the price of any item at this point because the platinum economy has stagnated entirely.

The "highest end" items have trouble selling for 20k at this point. There are some people farming some nice items out there that are hard to get but most people on this box can't afford to buy them. The people that can afford them don't need them, including Manastone.

There is a remarkable difference in the organization of ~rAiD~ guilds between now and 10 years ago when Blue launched. There are also way more guilds and more max level toons in them. Any "new" players to P99 since the Green launch have gotten some lvls and joined the ~rAiD~ guilds and haven't made any money.

They instead collect DKP which really isn't worth anything until you a. get a nodrop item or b. get a droppable item and sell it for platinum. The nodrop item is worth nothing besides having the item itself. This does nothing for the coin economy.

The droppable item obtained with DKP and sold is only worth the platinum you get for it. At this point Rokyls crystal is selling for 8k on EC forum, Swirlspine Belts don't move at 12k. How much are you gonna sell a Swirlspine for when you should just pony up for an FBSS that barely sells for 20k anymore?

The issue with DKP is that it is worth nothing until it's spent. When Kunark drops don't think for one second that guilds won't vaporize and reform. You get a "DKP package" on a guild "merge" but that's nothing but a promise for an item in the future that you still need to "compete" with other people to get. Is everyone saving up for a Crown of Rile? How many of those are even going to drop before Velious? A handful?

Another issue with DKP is that it doesn't get you all the gear you need. There's plenty of items that can be farmed or bought that are excellent and highly desired. The fact of the matter is is that on Green, given the timeline, only a handful of people will be full slot BiS from their DKP, and they already know who they are. Everybody else has banked on DKP and they have no actual coin to buy all the other gear they need and is actually attainable.

This brings us back to the main point of "driving prices up" and the basics of currency in society, virtual and otherwise.

~~~~~Nobody can pay 150k for a Manastone besides people who already have one~~~~~

The biggest money items don't sell easily and their value is plummeting. Sharkbone Warhammers move well but at 2k each you need to farm a LOT of hammers to afford one. How about Rokyls and Swirlspines? How much DKP are people gonna spend on items that don't even sell for 10k? How many of THOSE do they need? How much DKP will they spend before Kunark drops? People are gonna want Plane of Sky drops too, right?

Another issue I even forgot about until I was talking to a buddy - there was an incredible amount of plat and items duplicated in the early days of Blue. That flooded the economy with coin and items. At this point everybody is broke.

The other day on EC forum I saw someone WTB a Moss Mask - I said wtf is that??? It's an EB clicky that someone wants because they are new to a ~rAiD~ guild and they can't afford a Rebreather to do it. Can't even afford an Aqualung.

Everybody is sitting around collecting DKP and ~rAiDiNg~ or powerleveling toons. There is way less liquid plat being generated from selling vendor gems and fine steel than there was at launch. The server has slowed down. An incredible amount of fake currency DKP will be vaporized at Kunark launch and anybody who thinks that the cabal won't create a superzerg with a loot council component to kill the top dragons first is a fool.

Nobody that wants a Manastone at this point has 150k my dude. Anybody with 150k already has one. New people to the server won't make anywhere near 150k plat anytime soon. Absolutely not. I don't know how the price of something is going to "go up" when people can't even afford it in the first place. People will save their money and they will want to spend it on Kunark droppables they need. Don't forget, people will need levels and better gear to drop Kunark mobs. It will be some time before anything is killed in VP.

You can make all the videos you want my dude that's fine. I don't even mean to "poo poo" your efforts but man, everybody is broke. The facts are the facts. The economy has stagnated. I don't really think anybody is arguing that Manastone isn't a very powerful item (it's largely "unnecessary" but that's a different story.)

Most people on this box are broke dude. Unless people start hustling instead of sitting around collecting DKP it's gonna stay that way.

Is Rubi BP gonna suddenly sell for 50k instead of barely 20 when it stops dropping?

Is Manastone instantly gonna sell for MORE money when it doesn't drop anymore ---- when nobody has the money in the first place???

<The A-Team>
Old 03-04-2020, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[list=1][*]No substitute -- Manna Robe doesn't even come close with 3 sec cast and int caster only limitation
And yet, people will be trading stones for robes when kunark drops.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch
And yet, people will be trading stones for robes when kunark drops.
Someone also traded hundreds of GLS for SMR. So what? That's the beauty of list. Unguilded solo player can camp The Manastone. That person will never get a dropped Manna Robe.

I am sure you will see some crazy trades of WTT Manastone for ((insert difficult to obtain solo raid item))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin
~Rant against DKP system~
~Rant that there's not a lot of money on Green~
~Comment knocking Manastone~
Saving space so my post doesn't blow up.

Myth #1: "Everyone is broke"
There's plenty of money on server. As stated in the original post, money is ALWAYS increasing. Very few plat sinks, and very few people use those plat sinks.

HGs nearly permacamped meaning that's ~30,000pp flooding into the server every single day. (6 HGs, ~25pp average drop, ~7min pops, you do the math.)

This myth of everyone being broke is just projection of broke players assuming everyone is broke like them. When someone spends 20k on FBSS it's not that the 20k disappears. Magically..... the person who sold the FBSS now has that money and can spend it on items!

"Myth #2: Prices are coming down because people have no money"

See Myth #1 busted and continue reading. Prices are coming down on some items which could be for a lot of reasons.

Yes, the price of The Manastone will jump when Sol Ro releases. No, Rubicite BP will not go up - it can be replaced and does not have a unique function (hp regen) like The Manastone (hp->mana)
Old 03-05-2020, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Someone also traded hundreds of GLS for SMR. So what? That's the beauty of list. Unguilded solo player can camp The Manastone. That person will never get a dropped Manna Robe.

I am sure you will see some crazy trades of WTT Manastone for ((insert difficult to obtain solo raid item))

Saving space so my post doesn't blow up.

Myth #1: "Everyone is broke"
There's plenty of money on server. As stated in the original post, money is ALWAYS increasing. Very few plat sinks, and very few people use those plat sinks.

HGs nearly permacamped meaning that's ~30,000pp flooding into the server every single day. (6 HGs, ~25pp average drop, ~7min pops, you do the math.)

This myth of everyone being broke is just projection of broke players assuming everyone is broke like them. When someone spends 20k on FBSS it's not that the 20k disappears. Magically..... the person who sold the FBSS now has that money and can spend it on items!

"Myth #2: Prices are coming down because people have no money"

See Myth #1 busted and continue reading. Prices are coming down on some items which could be for a lot of reasons.

Yes, the price of The Manastone will jump when Sol Ro releases. No, Rubicite BP will not go up - it can be replaced and does not have a unique function (hp regen) like The Manastone (hp->mana)
Prices seem to be coming down on nearly everything man, not everyone is broke but I think most people have far less platinum then you think they do.

That hill giant cash for example is divided over many different people, and those people change day by day.
Last edited by RipVanFish; 03-05-2020 at 02:22 AM..
Old 03-05-2020, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

The closer green gets to sky/kunark the less people shall be willing to spend plat on items that will be unsellable in a few months.
Closed Thread