Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

well they weighed people's attitudes and knowledge

compared it to what they found in the lucy spell data

and picked their winners of who looked like they knew what they were talking about

new system is great, just needs some minor tweaks... glad I could be a big part of it
Old 05-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Banned

any proof of SoL not working posted yet?

ill check back later
Old 05-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well they weighed people's attitudes and knowledge

compared it to what they found in the lucy spell data

and picked their winners of who looked like they knew what they were talking about

new system is great, just needs some minor tweaks... glad I could be a big part of it
Feel free to post screenshots of someone resisting SOL from classic era then, because I'm sorry but your word vs a TON of people from live all stating on websites the spell is unresistable is much more endorsing then your embarrassing efforts to play petitionquest with code having nothing but bullshit to back it up with
Old 05-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Banned

if you're trying to get it changed, the burden of proof is on you to provide proof that it was unresistable at a specific MR value, which by your claim is 255

there is a very clear reasonable doubt present of any of those people having anywhere close to 255 MR who claim it's unresistable(one of them even stating that it IS resistable with enough MR)
Old 05-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you're trying to get it changed, the burden of proof is on you to provide proof that it was unresistable at a specific MR value, which by your claim is 255

there is a very clear reasonable doubt present of any of those people having anywhere close to 255 MR who claim it's unresistable(one of them even stating that it IS resistable with enough MR)
We've posted beyond what any other change made here ever needed to be considered proof.

Just because a guy who never played classic and few of his guildmates are being retards, because they dont want their clerics being jammed in NTOV with interrupts does not mean that proof is "Unacceptable"

At this point Empires presence on this thread and extreme amount of trolling shows they have a agenda and it's not making things classic.

Post 18 times a day post 5 replies for everyone one of mine, I'll report the proof everytime you time to troll it away.

Quote:
This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.

However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".

This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.
BOOM here it is again.

As hard is you are willing to fight to make this server a unclassic custom mess for your guild to raid uncontested dragons, I'm gonna fight 20 times harder to keep it classic.

You never played classic Colgate you were 7 years old! now get off bug reports you cant confirm or deny anything from this era.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-13-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Banned

if your strategy to wipe our raids in NToV is contingent upon shock of lightning interrupting our clerics' complete heals, may god have mercy on your retarded soul
Old 05-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if your strategy to wipe our raids in NToV is contingent upon shock of lightning interrupting our clerics' complete heals, may god have mercy on your retarded soul
Ok then why are you fighting so hard to deny a change that IS indeed CLASSIC, is agreed upon by every wizard from Classic that this is the way it worked, has numerous posts from that era talking about it working that way. Everyone from every Guild BUT Empire is for this classic change...pls bro

You a kid you aren't mindfucking anyone here.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Banned

still waiting on any amount of data to be provided saying that shock of lightning doesn't work

also still waiting on any amount of proof that it was unresistable at 255 MR

a post from 2000 saying "man i can't resist shock of lightning on my level 48 character" doesn't mean it was coded to be unresistable

use your brain please
Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I've never had Shock of Lightning fully resisted. Yes you will get partial resists on the damage, but the potential to interrupt still exists.
Quote:
Maybe I'm just being crazy but I think Shock of Lightning interrupts every time unless you get hit by it as you're just finishing the spell or take a step forward after being hit. I did some tests and found you can pretty much only channel spells if you end up less than 1.5 feet away from where you started casting (it doesn't matter if you ran in a 10-foot circle while casting and end up in the same place you started). SoL on the other hand has a knockback of two feet. In addition to that, I certainly noticed being interrupted in PvP more often than usual with this spell, unless I took a step forward. Explanations, anyone?
Quote:
This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.
Quote:
However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".
Quote:
This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.
Learn to read, stop lawyerdoctoring the code, grow up and Embrace Classic EQ. We said Recruit and contest not act like a pussy and cry to dev's so you could raid dragons uncontested.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-13-2015 at 09:55 PM..
Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Banned

still no data posted proving that it doesn't work on this server 12 pages later