Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Why not just change Ragebringer seething fury to haste40% and add 40 atk and 9 ac to the item stats? Problem solved.

Bump this
Old 02-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just change Ragebringer seething fury to haste40% and add 40 atk and 9 ac to the item stats? Problem solved.
^ qtiyd ^
Old 02-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was mentioned before, but a simple fix would be to remove the worn effect like ragebringers seething fury, and add each stat of the effect piecemeal.
I can't think of a good reason not to do this if it can be done while keeping the item's stats display classic. If the end result is functionally more classic, and the item still displays "Effect: Seething Fury" without listing additional stats, there isn't a logical argument against it.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-12-2017 at 08:23 PM..
Old 02-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Another patch, another disappointment.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another patch, another disappointment.
might not been in notes should test but yes most likely no change

the change that needs to happen is what I said on like page 2 and what Baam above said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tons of evidence

pls fix - literally just need to fix specific effects like Seething Fury

Change 'Seething Fury' into just the stats the effect adds on the weapon

Seething Fury:

1 : Increase Attack Speed by 40%
2 : Increase AC by 9
3 : Increase ATK by 40

Slap those stats on the weapon and remove the effect. do this for the other weapons that Nilbog noted and we are done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Previously, some items were sharing haste values.

For example.. flowing black silk sash and swirlspine belt. They were sharing a worn effect of the spell: Haste. That was incorrect because they should have different values (fbss 21%, swirlspine 16%). So, I removed the worn effect of Haste from these items and used the actual haste field for the items so the % of haste would be correct. This change only affected items that had worn effect: Haste.

Ragebringer wasn't touched because it was not using the worneffect spell (Haste).

After reading this thread, I queried out which items have haste components built in to their effect, and the results were the following:
Ragebringer
Swiftwind
Tolan's Longsword of the Glade
Last edited by Erati; 02-13-2017 at 11:18 AM..
Old 02-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

The big change we all are hoping for!
Old 02-14-2017, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I mean, remove the effects (Seething Fury, Swift Spirit, Blessing of the Grove) in lieu of the raw stats, but figure out a way to keep the item stats display classic. Not sure if that's even possible, but a change in the stats display for those items is a legitimate argument against it.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bump this
Worn item AC comes under a different cap to worn spell AC. Also spell AC is more effective than item AC on a point by point basis. As such, turning worn spell ac into worn item ac would not be equivalent.

That said, I don't see why they don't just keep the worn effects, but also slap 40% haste on to ragebringer/swiftwind/etc. Seems like a good enough bodge.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see why they don't just keep the worn effects, but also slap 40% haste on to ragebringer/swiftwind/etc. Seems like a good enough bodge.
Indeed, but that begs the question of whether the new "Haste: +40%" would overwrite Seething Fury et al's haste, and if it'd be possible to shoehorn in that item haste without it showing up in the stat display. Or if it'd be possible to modify the Seething Fury et al effects to remove only the haste component, so that the new item haste value could take its place.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-14-2017 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Can we get a developer to comment? They have to see this... and the paly/sk skill bug.

Two of the most requested and bumped topics in this section.

Wondering if they are working on some kind of solution behind the scenes before making a comment that could be subject to change etc.

Even a "we are aware of the problem" would be greatly appreciated... anything so the community isnt stranded spinning their wheels.
Closed Thread