Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

"get a primal" is only for the the most hard core of the hard cores, so i hope this was meant as a joke. Still i kinda agree with you, you can live with non maximized stats, so while some races are easier, all can be made good.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:22 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

for a casual player high elf tunare is the best paladin. wis is good, and natures defender is a lot easier to get than epic.

but ya starting stat min/maxing shouldn't make any difference on a Paladin unless you're the most hardcore of poopsock raider, in which case its a given you have a primal weapon. thats sorta the point i was trying to make.
Last edited by Xaanka; 03-03-2016 at 05:31 AM..
Old 03-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Banned

Highelf Paladins are the best. The base Cha you receive is so good when it comes to lulls. Fact is without cha you will get crit resist. So the first gear you want to obtain is a Kobold Crown for swap out when lulling. Every other Palidan race can't lull worth shit making the entire line useless. It may not sound like a big deal , but when you can single pull mobs all day it helps a ton.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nature's Defender should be in-game. I haven't seen anyone using it yet, though, partly because Tunare-following Paladins are a minority of an already rare class, and partly because so many Paladins tend to get their standard epic, anyway.

Danth
I got one on red. Best for fashion quest as I got Ntov weapons now.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highelf Paladins are the best. The base Cha you receive is so good when it comes to lulls. Fact is without cha you will get crit resist. So the first gear you want to obtain is a Kobold Crown for swap out when lulling. Every other Palidan race can't lull worth shit making the entire line useless. It may not sound like a big deal , but when you can single pull mobs all day it helps a ton.
The extra CHA certainly doesn't hurt but mob level is much, much more important when it comes to crit lull resists. My Dwarf Paladin rarely had lull resists when leveling (mostly on dark blue con mobs). That being said...CHA buffs and a few pieces of CHA gear are must haves when lulling tough spots. The High Elf definitely has an advantage in those rare situations, but the lower STR and STA matters all the time. Human and Dwarf are much better racial choices overall.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

The race you pick for your paladin is completely irrelevant. Min-maxer or not.

The only question worth asking, do I want the Natures Defender or not? Then ask, do I enjoy the look/starter area of HE or half-elf. That's the race you should pick. If no to both, roll whatever you please. Erudite does have their hipster status and some race specific items.

Dwarf is a good choice if your're new though but if you have plat to spend, yeah, doesn't matter at all.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

should be pointed out the high WIS races like HIE have a pretty solid advantage in group PVP situations, for any aspiring red pallies. hard to cap it even with endgame gear, and heals/cures are pretty much your most important tool (honorable mention to CH sword)
Old 03-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Nature's Defender looks cool but I almost never use mine. Reason being I always have a better weapon option for a given situation than ND, whether I'm tanking or just want my best DPS weapon.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Warrior = best raid tank
SK = best trash tank
Paladin = low dps tank who doesn't raid tank or trash tank so effectively.
Sks are thr selfish tank, paladins are the giving tank.

Def would rather a paladin tank over sk soley on thr basis that in a pinch a paladin can save thr group vrs just FDing to avoid dying.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

been in so many raids where we wiped and the only person to camp out was a high level paladin. they 90% rez the first few epic clerics they see, and bam raid is back up.