Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-09-2023, 02:57 PM
Banned

When cuz congratulates me:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3356.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-09-2023, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More race pics published. My determined face in the first one hiding in the background

In the second is my surprisingly photogenic face after pulling way out ahead of everyone. Normally mid-race photo’s I look like I’m being waterboarded

People give me shit for running holding my phone. But if I put it in my pocket it bashes me in the nuts and flops all around at fast speeds. I should get an arm strap but then I feel like I can’t get to it on the fly as easily
I've always run with my phone. I have my stuff logged through my watch these days but I still have it due to not wanting to buy a batman utility belt, backpack or arm strap. The speaker can be good for some low volume beats as well.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:59 PM
Banned

My thoughts:

- I really nowadays only truly respect hybrid athletes like Nick Bare or Greg Doucette. If you are super jacked but your cardio/VO2max is dogshit, sorry, YOU AINT FIT!

- Nick’s goal of a sub 2:45 marathon is fuckin crazy for his build, that’s a sub 7min/mile for the full thing

- Dude says he needs to lose around 6lbs to get down to 190 when it looks like he has almost no spare fat to lose. Dude looks like he’s at 10%bf already

- Nick says how effortless it is to run at a 7:40m/mi pace at cool temps versus 90 degrees+ in Texas. Lol, I wouldn’t know man, never got to experience cool temps

- He uses very carefully determined hydration/electrolyte powder mixes which I really need to start figuring out. I take none of that shit, just pre-workout and a shitload of water beforehand. I fill my stomach with water, I call it filling up the gas tank

- Dude runs 75 miles per week which is pretty nuts. I do like 15-18 miles/week. He also does 16 miles+ in a single run one of the days. I end up bombing out my legs with leg lifts multiple times/week making running the next day impossible. Dunno how he avoids this and still trains legs

- His “critical velocity workouts” are HIIT and fuck that, pass. Not at my age. Never been into HIIT. May be why I can’t progress cardio as well but whatever

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 10-10-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thoughts on VO2max
Is there a way to test VO2max without a professional?

Pretty much the most important metric you mentioned
Old 10-10-2023, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dun think so, mostly lab test only I think

Edit: my Aunt who smokes and drinks way too much for her age and is thin but completely sedentary just recently went for some kind of test/checkup at her cardiologist who put her on a treadmill and tested I think it was like blood pressure but may have been VO2max as well

Anyway, they said it rose to nearly stroke levels with mild amounts of intensity exertion, and warned her that she needs to regularly do something active for her heart

A recommendation that she continues to ignore. I’ll have a chat with her about it more and more and keep nagging her
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-10-2023 at 01:01 AM..
Old 10-10-2023, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't rely on a garmin watch for accuracy thats for sure. Mine gives me an approximation number (46) but I don't believe in it.
Old 10-10-2023, 01:22 AM
Banned

Peter Attia, one of semi-extreme longevity health guru MDs out there, is all about VO2 Max as the number one metric that predicts living a long and fulfilling life health wise.

Apparently folks with good scores in that metric (usually Elite athletes have high V02 Max) can "out health" all sorts of risks of dying that normal people who don't exercise semi-intensely HIIT or intervals would otherwise find fatal.

If a doctor could only take one test of your health of you then a good/high V02 max score is the number one metric predicting how long we live supposedly.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:04 PM
Banned

It would be interesting to study what deleterious effect, if any, fat has on cardio

Just because someone has extra fat, does not mean they don’t also have good cardio. I always think heavyweight boxers like Tyson Fury and especially Andrés Ruiz Jr are perfect examples of that. Tyson obviously has much better cardio than Ruiz but if you saw either of them and didn’t know who they were you would assume by looking at them that they could not perform at the level they do in the boxing ring
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3378.jpg (20.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3379.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-11-2023, 11:33 AM
Banned

Lol. Go get ‘em boys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3398.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-11-2023, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol. Go get ‘em boys
Problems with Americana society

*pollutants in the water turning them gay
*proccessed shit in food
*not enough pain
*not enough sunlight
*not enough pain
*no sports
*no martial arts
*ppl who bitch out get rewarded for being lil bitches