Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know how fucking retarded it is to name names or say a guild participates in RMTing without evidence?
For example, I know for a fact that Daldoma RMT's.

Its obvious RMTing exists I would't deny that, I would however, deny any RMTing is going on in TMO. Also I have been here since the beginnding and I have no clue who Plat Lord is. Why don't you tell us who they are on the p99 forums?
We should get Uthgaard back he always caught those RMTers !
hahahahahahaha
Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know how fucking retarded it is to name names or say a guild participates in RMTing without evidence?

Its obvious RMTing exists I would't deny that, I would however, deny any RMTing is going on in TMO. Also I have been here since the beginnding and I have no clue who Plat Lord is. Why don't you tell us who they are on the p99 forums?
He didn't name names until you asked. It was a stupid thing to do on your part -- it is obvious that no evidence could possibly exist in either direction. That being the case, asking for names is merely begging for speculation that you can't disprove. You were better off just letting him make a nebulous statement about how certain members in TMO have RMT'd. Certain members in every major guild, with the possible exception of Divinity, have RMT'd. It's not a knock -- it's a fact of the server. Don't take it so hard, it's not like you have any way of knowing in the vast majority of cases. Some random level 58 that nobody really knows applies to your guild and is a really good app -- how the hell are you supposed to know whether or not he bought that char for RL cash at level 48? One of your guildies has 70k banked -- how are you supposed to know if he bought it or farmed it? Relax, it's obviously an individual-scale thing. Unless you're selling guild bank loot -- which he didn't accuse you of.

And if you really want to know who Plat Lord is, ask around TMO. Hell, ask Uthgaard. I'd rather not get dragged into it, but it's hardly some closely guarded secret.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He didn't name names until you asked. It was a stupid thing to do on your part -- it is obvious that no evidence could possibly exist in either direction. That being the case, asking for names is merely begging for speculation that you can't disprove. You were better off just letting him make a nebulous statement about how certain members in TMO have RMT'd. Certain members in every major guild, with the possible exception of Divinity, have RMT'd. It's not a knock -- it's a fact of the server. Don't take it so hard, it's not like you have any way of knowing in the vast majority of cases. Some random level 58 that nobody really knows applies to your guild and is a really good app -- how the hell are you supposed to know whether or not he bought that char for RL cash at level 48? One of your guildies has 70k banked -- how are you supposed to know if he bought it or farmed it? Relax, it's obviously an individual-scale thing. Unless you're selling guild bank loot -- which he didn't accuse you of.

And if you really want to know who Plat Lord is, ask around TMO. Hell, ask Uthgaard. I'd rather not get dragged into it, but it's hardly some closely guarded secret.
I am merely allowing anon trolls who make accounts to troll tmo to back up ther claims. Also, claiming daliant rmt'd is an equally nebulous statement.

I'm asking here who is platlord! Someone out them and explain why you think they are who they are.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Orc

Quote:

Alarti0001 known child molester and complete fucking retard
Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callnoutthenewbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alarti0001 known defender of truth, justice, and the American way
Ftfy

Callnoutthenewbs, known - wait who cares.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Ftfy

Callnoutthenewbs, known - wait who cares.
You clearly care,

Might wanna go outside and tan that white pasty skin one of these days.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callnoutthenewbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly care,

Might wanna go outside and tan that white pasty skin one of these days.
I live in washington, we have no sun! Plus I'm black
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I am merely allowing anon trolls who make accounts to troll tmo to back up ther claims. Also, claiming daliant rmt'd is an equally nebulous statement.

I'm asking here who is platlord! Someone out them and explain why you think they are who they are.
What you're missing is that there is no possible way for anyone to prove an RMT claim to the satisfaction of a skeptic. I'm not saying Daliant RMT'd -- I have no idea. I'm just saying that RMT obviously happens, and it's impossible for a third party to prove that anyone on the entire server has RMT'd. So asking for evidence is a silly red herring. We all know that no evidence could possibly exist, and yet we know that RMT does exist. And no, accusing Daliant is not nebulous. It's pointed. TMO consists of what, 70 unique individuals? More? Saying that "members of TMO" do anything is pretty vague. Asking someone to name names is going to throw specific people under the bus, with no legitimate way to defend themselves. As impossible as it is to prove someone RMT'd, it's equally impossible to prove they didn't.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you're missing is that there is no possible way for anyone to prove an RMT claim to the satisfaction of a skeptic. I'm not saying Daliant RMT'd -- I have no idea. I'm just saying that RMT obviously happens, and it's impossible for a third party to prove that anyone on the entire server has RMT'd. So asking for evidence is a silly red herring. We all know that no evidence could possibly exist, and yet we know that RMT does exist. And no, accusing Daliant is not nebulous. It's pointed. TMO consists of what, 70 unique individuals? More? Saying that "members of TMO" do anything is pretty vague. Asking someone to name names is going to throw specific people under the bus, with no legitimate way to defend themselves. As impossible as it is to prove someone RMT'd, it's equally impossible to prove they didn't.
I wouldn't say impossible, some people are really stupid. However, a legitimate defense to an illegitmate claim is really whatever you want.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not impossible to prove RMT at all. And it is probably much easier, though much more information, to prove that someone did not RMT. There are logs for everything, you do realize this right?
Please keep up. Like I said, GMs are capable of providing proof, but they clearly don't want to. Anyone with access to logs would be able to prove RMT fairly easily, yes. And yes, it goes both ways -- they could disprove RMT if they were so inclined, as well. There's no current discussion in this thread over what the GMs are and aren't capable of doing with regards to RMT.

We're talking about third-party non-GMs, ie: some random accuser on a forum.
Closed Thread