Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Kobold

The funniest part of this to me, personally, is that it hasn't been two days since lituviel/masterize was hard training people in HHK, like straight FD Tyrana and 3 guards right ontop of them. He and his premade then proceeded to pull mobs that others had been camping for hours. Now he wants to talk about camp / list integrity? hahaha
This guy is a guy.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by korzax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you refused to help makes you the ass, not him.

What is so wrong with helping people, you guys are so selfish sometimes.
I don't understand. When did the absence of charity become rude or selfish? If I hold the door open for someone, I'm nice. If I don't, I'm an ahole?

This is 10 hours of charity to a complete stranger. I don't understand why it is being compelled.

I did not bully him out of anything. Had I just logged off, he'd be in the same scenario. Three hours of a PH up and no one killing it.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From an outside observer, seems like Grakken/Masterize are huge douchebags who realized they could bully the #1 off the List to get their own manastone quicker.
Developer

You can argue this either way. The person at #1 cant kill mob. So should they lose their spot? Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?

I would expect some tweaks are made to the /list functionality. The whole /list idea, is meant to not require staff to babysit these specific rare item spawns. And getting the rare item will still require putting in the time.

There is no /claim. Here is your new manastone. Grats me!

The intent is to make these camps manageable, and prevent from becoming non-stop shitshows.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand. When did the absence of charity become rude or selfish? If I hold the door open for someone, I'm nice. If I don't, I'm an ahole?

This is 10 hours of charity to a complete stranger. I don't understand why it is being compelled.

I did not bully him out of anything. Had I just logged off, he'd be in the same scenario. Three hours of a PH up and no one killing it.
THE HORROR
Old 11-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This would make sense if you decide to help and started fighting. You didn't. We have Minimio and Bellezza to thank for that.

Nope, you were FD'ed in the back we started grouping, we were grouped with them, you didn't even bother accepting the invite.

Panoramix and I engaged the PH.

However you don't show screeshot of following conversation. There's a reason to it.

We ended up helping you to get this started and taking your side and you still put me down.
Whatever, stupidity.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You made this thread calling him out. You are an asshole.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?
I don't get how it is a zone disruption. For 2 hours it was just me and him. If I had logged off he'd be in the same scenario.

I honestly don't think he has broken P99 Rules. I just find it offensive I'm obligated to farm a manastone for a stranger. I'm happy to wait in line, he just isn't able to move the line forward. He couldn't solo it or get a group to come kill it for him in that time. There should be some time limit to engage appropriate to the encounter.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can argue this either way. The person at #1 cant kill mob. So should they lose their spot? Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?

I would expect some tweaks are made to the /list functionality. The whole /list idea, is meant to not require staff to babysit these specific rare item spawns. And getting the rare item will still require putting in the time.

There is no /claim. Here is your new manastone. Grats me!

The intent is to make these camps manageable, and prevent from becoming non-stop shitshows.
The problem is people will create shitstorms out of nothing to change rules/features to benefit themselves, which seems to be the case here. I don't think every shitstorm that occurs needs to result in rule/feature changes. I'd wager the vast majority of the population on this server, had they been in Grakken/Masterizes situation would have grouped up with Fate right away and started chuggin on those PH's, or just logged off cause they didn't want to wait (probably) 24+ hours for a chance at a stone. Now, if you put the question in some sort of poll "should people be required to help kill ph/mob for #1 on list if they want to move up" then that number would probably drop closer to 50%. Good thing most people don't "just" do what's required of them and nothing less, for the most part.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason you ended up in the situation wasn't because of Grakken. The reason you ended up in the situation was because you listed for something that you can't kill without help. If you show up to list for something that you can't solo, then you accept the risk that other people might not help you and therefore you'd have to give up your spot if you're number 1 on the list. If you don't want to take that risk, then go get a couple levels and then list, rather than listing when you're not a sufficient level and blaming others for your mistake/greed.

I don't disagree that it's kind of rude not to help the person who is number 1 kill the mob, but there's no obligation to. Therefore, you put yourself in this situation because you listed when you're not able to actually kill the mob. No one else is to blame for the situation.
The reason he found himself in the mess was because person2 joined, the other guy left because of that action, and then person2 left the party so he could screw the #1

Everything about this just makes the second guy look like an asshole, and anyone, like you, that is arguing the opposite is just trolling at this point.
Closed Thread