Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman View Post
shock of lightning getting resisted fully after patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman View Post
shock of lightning still getting resisted on the regular , everyone knows this is wrong, figure i would bump this once every few months

Any one have corroborating proof this is happening? Sol works for me currently
Old 05-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you want this and chaotic feedback to never be fully resisted up until 120 MR I'm fine with it

But 150+ range.. naw ain't gettin on board with that

dunno if Haynar around, he's your only hope
I don't care about your definitions it should be set to Classic which in unresistable,partials but no full resists.

That's Classic that's how it should be here.

It's not currently set that way here, it gets fully resisted like 40% of the time.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-13-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Old 05-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Banned

yeah at what magic resist?

Can you do some thorough parses at various resist levels and give some data?

Ain't doing your homework
Old 05-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's not currently set that way here, it gets fully resisted like 40% of the time.
"like 40% of the time" is not helpful nor does it prove that SoL is broken

my personal experience is that SoL lands 100% of the time in the 54 pvp range

Move to resolved
Old 05-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"like 40% of the time" is not helpful nor does it prove that SoL is broken

my personal experience is that SoL lands 100% of the time in the 54 pvp range

Move to resolved
Thank god every DEV and GM knows to immediately ignore Retti and his new "soon to be forum banned" accounts. You really just talking to hear yourself speak buddy, but I'll post proof of Shock of Lightning being resisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol that was retti? im gunna post some of the screenshots i have of him swinging from my nuts every day i logged in when i was on staff trying to buff my tranquil Staff. now hes a forum warrior against me.
Your ass kissing for the 10 seconds you want something and then sperging out the rest of the day antics are well known by the staff
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-13-2015 at 02:25 PM..
Old 05-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Banned

Do some good parsing at various ranges and post logs + summary tldr

Quote block for each parse every 20 MR or so, # resist, # full, # partial
Old 05-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do some good parsing at various ranges and post logs + summary tldr

Quote block for each parse every 20 MR or so, # resist, # full, # partial
Nope this isn't your server you are nobody here, I'm nobody here, but atleast I have the actual intentions of trying to make pvp classic and help the staff...not lie to them so my guild can benefit.

A few screenshots of Shock of Lightning being resisted will suffice since it's supposed to partial only never full resist, MR rates dont matter.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope this isn't your server you are nobody here, I'm nobody here, but atleast I have the actual intentions of trying to make pvp classic and help the staff...not lie to them so my guild can benefit.

A few screenshots of Shock of Lightning being resisted will suffice since it's supposed to partial only never full resist, MR rates dont matter.
U should just go away. So much crazy coming from ur direction, server would really benefit from ur permanent disappearance lol.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billhollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
U should just go away. So much crazy coming from ur direction, server would really benefit from ur permanent disappearance lol.
I'm sorry you think Haynar is stupid... but he's not.

He's quite the troll and trolling Bug reports to derail it so Empire can benefit is not going to work here.

I also helped Alecta with the classic aspects of the patch when he was coding I was guilded with Alecta for years on Sullon and he knew I was one of the top ranked pvpers on the server and had a huge amount of pvp knowledge from the over 3000+ kills I attained on Sullon.

Quote:
This is how it works:

All spells have a small chance to be resisted. That's why you can resist winged death or splurt sometimes in PvP even though those are basically unresistable.

However most of the time, a DD will do small damage against a target with high resists, but it won't be flat out resisted "your target resisted the draught of fire spell!".

This is why SoL is, for its usage, unresistable. Sure against a high MR target, it will do maybe 10 dmg / hit instead of expected 55 or so, but that doesn't matter, since it will still knock back.
This is how Shock of Lightning, Shock of Blades, Poison Bolt and Chaotic Feedback worked on live, this is how they should work here.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-13-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Old 05-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You are completely leaving out the part where I mention people's magic resist being extremely high here compared to live
Yet still pushing for emulation of classic resists in an environment of non-classic gear distribution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so basically nirgon remembers it differently then every classic discussion on the topic? intradesting.. wonder what else he's been blowing out his ass.
In the thread prompting the resist changes of the past 6 months, most of the feedback on how resists worked in EQ Live 2001 was provided by shitters who were
Quote:
LUCKY to have a pair of platinum diamond rings and an SMR
and toddlers named after toothpaste.