Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Aviak

What message are you sending by not banning them permanently? For every account you'd "lose", you're also potential new accounts because they think cheating is "remotely" tolerated on the server.

Permanent ban for them....too many other people have wasted precious time to gain the same ground.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also...I vote for a XP bonus for the week all the accounts are suspended..just to grind some salt into their wounds.
How about assessing every character on those accounts an additional 40% exp penalty? Otherwise some are penalised harsher than others - only fair to make them all hurt for life.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Son, I am not disappoint. Or however that meme goes.

Not that anyone of this is done democratically (thank god) but If it was I too would vote for naming names or giving them titles or..

May I suggest xp penalties applied to the guilty when they return?

And where are the usual trolls? How in the hell is that douche Harrison not all over this..?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What message are you sending by not banning them permanently? For every account you'd "lose", you're also potential new accounts because they think cheating is "remotely" tolerated on the server.

Permanent ban for them....too many other people have wasted precious time to gain the same ground.
Good point. And 100% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 08-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point. And 100% agree.
Dude you got de-leveled to 50, your sig even says so, don't try to lie.

Quote:
Auvdar - 50 druid
Lilpuff - 50 Mage
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 08-28-2011 at 01:04 AM..
Old 08-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think temporarily suspending them is the right choice. For server health we need a good population, if that many people are instantly banned then the game world will suffer. Even if they "were" cheaters, they will be on the straight and narrow now because they know that doing it again is instant full ban.

Yes I know many people feel they should be fully banned from the get go, but even a "cheater free" server with a tiny population isn't that great of an option. I played on a server with a small population and while it's easy to camp things, it begins to feel like a one player game and that is NOT classic everquest.

Suspension and warning takes care of the majority of the issue because in the future no one will risk it and now there is FAR less wealth in the game. Time for the economy to come back to a decent level.
I agree, the suspension was a good choice but not nameing them or giving them a title or surname they cant remove is wrong, should tottaly put them out there and shame them. I think the oblject here is to make so it is no longer to be fun for them on this server unless they never cheat again. If they cheat again then strip all weapons they own and then after that armor lol along with the plat every time also. I feel like if you just perma ban them they will just start another account and not go through hell like they should.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude you got de-leveled to 50, your sig even says so, don't try to lie.
I remember when you were funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 08-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

They're probably not banning immediately because I imagine they are trying to avoid banning people who got hit merely for letting someone else have their account info and log them in. So this will be a wake up call as it were to many of those players and not the crucifixion everyone wants. And have you read the Scarlet Letter?
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 08-28-2011 at 05:04 AM..
Old 08-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

Cheaters suck. Rogean is my hero.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also...I vote for a XP bonus for the week all the accounts are suspended..just to grind some salt into their wounds.
Oh hell yeah.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread