Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really talking about giving people boxes, it's talking about equality of opportunity. Someone born with 10 boxes should have the same shot as someone born with zero boxes. You would know this if you paid attention in school. Really makes me feel like the whole MAGA anti-education thing is just cope for ignorance.

Some of us are born on third base and judge the people born with nothing through the lens of our own advantages.
that's about a decade behind now, that's the joke. it's not about equality of opportunities. it's about equal outcomes. equity. that's what diversity quotas literally are.

literally all progressives are arguing equality isn't good enough. aka we need the "right" kind of racism to create the perfect utopia.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really talking about giving people boxes, it's talking about equality of opportunity. Someone born with 10 boxes should have the same shot as someone born with zero boxes. You would know this if you paid attention in school. Really makes me feel like the whole MAGA anti-education thing is just cope for ignorance.

Some of us are born on third base and judge the people born with nothing through the lens of our own advantages.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway why should I know that? It seems like your opinion.
Last edited by aussenseiter; 07-03-2023 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-03-2023, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

all three should be arrested for not buying tickets to the game.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:30 AM
Banned

Oh no, Karen is gonna speak with the manager!
Old 07-03-2023, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:

It’s easy to point out how things aren’t fair, it’s harder to even them up without doing something unethical, like stealing someone else’s boxes

Just because life wasn’t fair to someone, it’s also not fair to perpetuate that with theft, or discrimination. If there aren’t enough of a particular race in a position, the fair thing is to target that race when they are young and make them better equipped to earn that position fairly, not lowering their particular qualifications on positions with limited numbers

But that’s too hard to do, isn’t it? So instead let’s just steal someone else’s money to re-distribute it or discriminate when we hire

Hey if we can do any wrong thing, why not just take all the rich people’s stuff? We’re already willing to be unethical
Old 07-03-2023, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's about a decade behind now, that's the joke. it's not about equality of opportunities. it's about equal outcomes. equity. that's what diversity quotas literally are.

literally all progressives are arguing equality isn't good enough. aka we need the "right" kind of racism to create the perfect utopia.
It’s “the end justifies the means” thinking

As long as our cause is righteous, it doesn’t matter what unethical stuff we have to do to get there
Old 07-03-2023, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all three should be arrested for not buying tickets to the game.
True lol

Although it's an image macro meant to represent a larger idea you typically learn in 1st year university gen ed humanities, along with the sociological data that underpins it. We know the circumstances of your birth predict the course of your life with an outrageous level of statistical strength. Bootstrappers focus on the exceptions and, retardedly, try to build policy around that. Corporations love it. There is a reason life in European and commonwealth countries surpasses life in the US in every sense imaginable except military strength and aggregate wealth held by billionaires.

Every man for himself is what we did from 2million BC to 1215AD and it sucked

Just be brave enough to admit you view society as "Us" and "Others", "Us" for most MAGA's meaning white people like you, and then everyone else. You have no problem helping "Us" because most MAGA's are okay with it as long as it is "voluntary", ie, through a church or a charity, which basically also means only helping people like you. Even though federal government is the same type of social contract at a larger scale, which for neo-confederates, also means you have to listen to those stupid liberals' input.

Statistically and at an aggregate scale, a white applicant likely had every advantage in the world compared to the black applicant. In cases where that wasn't true, adcom's had the ability to detect it, such as looking at the school you went to or other markers. I'm not saying affirmative action was the right choice, I really don't know, I'm talking about equality of opportunity as a concept.
Last edited by Lune; 07-03-2023 at 12:12 PM..
Old 07-03-2023, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
. You have no problem helping "Us" because most MAGA's are okay with it as long as it is "voluntary", ie, through a church or a charity, which basically also means only helping people like you
To my knowledge Christian churches in my area mostly help the homeless

I wouldn’t call those people remotely like the church goers. They are hard-drug using, mentally ill, often minorities. Sometimes some of the older church goers in my church mention being uncomfortable going to church due to a slew of homeless people outside for some particular charity the church is running. And that’s a valid thought. Most should be harmless, but you never know if someone decided to shoot a little too much meth and wants to haul off and sucker punch an 80yr old church lady in the face
Old 07-03-2023, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TSometimes some of the older church goers in my church mention being uncomfortable going to church due to a slew of homeless people outside for some particular charity the church is running.
lmao if they are Christian, that is not a valid thought, that is the underpinning of their religion that has been lost in translation somewhere between Cenodoxus and Boomer Jesus
Old 07-03-2023, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
True lol

Although it's an image macro meant to represent a larger idea you typically learn in 1st year university gen ed humanities, along with the sociological data that underpins it. We know the circumstances of your birth predict the course of your life with an outrageous level of statistical strength. Bootstrappers focus on the exceptions and, retardedly, try to build policy around that. Corporations love it. There is a reason life in European and commonwealth countries surpasses life in the US in every sense imaginable except military strength and aggregate wealth held by billionaires.

Every man for himself is what we did from 2million BC to 1215AD and it sucked

Just be brave enough to admit you view society as "Us" and "Others", "Us" for most MAGA's meaning white people like you, and then everyone else. You have no problem helping "Us" because most MAGA's are okay with it as long as it is "voluntary", ie, through a church or a charity, which basically also means only helping people like you. Even though federal government is the same type of social contract at a larger scale, which for neo-confederates, also means you have to listen to those stupid liberals' input.

Statistically and at an aggregate scale, a white applicant likely had every advantage in the world compared to the black applicant. In cases where that wasn't true, adcom's had the ability to detect it, such as looking at the school you went to or other markers. I'm not saying affirmative action was the right choice, I really don't know, I'm talking about equality of opportunity as a concept.
Did you go to a bad school?