Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2022, 11:02 AM
Banned

Joe Biden apparently wants to ban 9mm now

He said the 9mm bullet “blows the lung out of the body” when compared to a 22 round and questions why it’s needed

I think this might be why US politicians with no police or military experience probably shouldn’t comment on this kind of stuff. I’m far from a gun expert but I’m pretty sure people AND police use higher caliber rounds because they STOP the target and knock it back. If a person was charging you with a knife and got just a few feet away, shooting him with a .22 could still result in you being stabbed and then both of you dying. But shooting with a higher caliber round might completely stop that charge

That’s how it’s been explained to me, maybe someone should explain it to Joe Biden. This is the same tactical brainiac that said before after police negatively mentioned in the news that police should stop shooting for center mass and instead “shoot for the leg”. Why not shoot the gun out of the other person’s hand then, Joe?
Last edited by unsunghero; 06-01-2022 at 11:05 AM..
Old 06-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe he stores his guns in a gun rack other knobs cant see. So as to not show off.
When a penal colonist/ bush man tries to comprehend your southern ways but fails miserably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I know why you high-brow motherfuckers laugh so hard at these guys on the highway. You see a sticker like this but no shotgun rack in the back window..
Old 06-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joe Biden apparently wants to ban 9mm now

He said the 9mm bullet “blows the lung out of the body” when compared to a 22 round and questions why it’s needed

I think this might be why US politicians with no police or military experience probably shouldn’t comment on this kind of stuff.
Very useful to corruption. You could make a lot of money, live in a nice house.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Banned

To show how little stopping power a small caliber round has, here’s a person who police don’t realize has been shot in the face and brain by a small caliber round

He completes the entire interrogation (where police think he and not the person who shot him is the one who killed his girlfriend), then dies right after

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 06-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Civvies should be allowed to wear buy and sell the variety Danth talks about at all times. Dumb it's so restricted.

There's some prohibitively expensive coats and dresses extremely in*famous* ppl can afford and get permitted for that are slightly more effective. They're illegal without permits tho.

Anyway the average firepower, protection, and training of the average citizen is laughably limited already.

A full scale rebellion would be put down extremely fast unless enough regular army defected. And that's different than a rebellion. That's a civil war which would be more likely. Yet still very unlikely.
People from my culture: [had a shotgun rack] - no one batted an eye

Foreign people commenting on my culture: "OMG ROFL THE SKY IS BURNING OMG ITS CIVIL UNREST OMG MILITARY WEAPONS OMG RUSSIAN HAX OMG UKRAINE OMG STARBUCKS IS ON FIRE!! OMG OLD GRANDPAS ARE JOHN RAMBO OMG BLOOD AND GUTS OMG ARE WE FUCKING CRAZY OMG MENTAL HEALTH OMG"

People from my culture: What the fuck is that!?..
Old 06-01-2022, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s how it’s been explained to me
That's how I was trained, too. A .22LR can be nearly as lethal as some larger rounds because head shots and the like are going to drop someone regardless, but--hollywood lies be damned--most shootings aren't fatal, and if that .22 doesn't actually kill the target, odds are the target is still attacking. Consequently you really want to avoid the very small cartridges unless you have no choice. Once you get to about .380, all of the popular pistol rounds--.380, 9mm, .38 special, .40, .45--offer basically similar success rates at stopping an aggressor and there's not much of a jump up until you get to stuff like .357 and .44 magnums.

Back then very small rounds, .22 range or below, could be a special threat because they would sometimes separate through the kevlar weave in ballistic vests when a nominally more powerful but physically larger round would be stopped. That made the Five-Seven a unique and special threat, albeit a very rarely encountered one. I've been told that more modern vests do a better job at stopping those types of rounds.

A lot of the trouble with firearms in this country stems from the reality that too many folks base most of their gun knowledge on hollywood productions, which are almost entirely lies even down to the sound effects uses. There are people who've been shot at and didn't realize it because they expect it to sound like the cannon fire guns are usually dubbed with in movies and not the little firecracker pop-pop-pop sounds that auto pistols actually make.

Note that there is a very, very large difference between a .22LR and a .223. Calibers only tell you more or less the diameter of the bullet, not even its mass and certainly not the amount of force behind it.

Danth
Old 06-01-2022, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
To show how little stopping power a small caliber round has, here’s a person who police don’t realize has been shot in the face and brain by a small caliber round

He completes the entire interrogation (where police think he and not the person who shot him is the one who killed his girlfriend), then dies right after

There ya go lol. Good one 👍

Still love the police wish we had more and low brow thug drug life was frowned upon.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A lot of the trouble with firearms in this country stems from the reality that too many folks base most of their gun knowledge on hollywood productions
Old 06-01-2022, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People from my culture: [had a shotgun rack] - no one batted an eye

Foreign people commenting on my culture: "OMG ROFL THE SKY IS BURNING OMG ITS CIVIL UNREST OMG MILITARY WEAPONS OMG RUSSIAN HAX OMG UKRAINE OMG STARBUCKS IS ON FIRE!! OMG OLD GRANDPAS ARE JOHN RAMBO OMG BLOOD AND GUTS OMG ARE WE FUCKING CRAZY OMG MENTAL HEALTH OMG"

People from my culture: What the fuck is that!?..
Yeah man. Well Starbucks bruh. (I am not bruhhing u I know u don't like that, figure of speech).

We are pretty fucked tho cuz corps like Walmart and economy must go brrrr so ppl lose their autonomy.

My city was nicer when the pop was literally 20k in the summer. It's now over 200,000 all year and the farms, groves, are dying, gone. Just hanging on the periphery. Our food plants shut down replaced with Walmarts, trailer parks, meth, and 500,000 homes on the main commuter route. All these used to be groves, cattle farms. Our blm land isn't for hunters or hikers anymore It's for big corps. They got projects out there clear cutting and shit. It's all gone to hell and fenced off.

Real Americans don't own or run anything here. Just lazy middle managers and administrators on the dole who won the syndication lottery or got family ties to big China plastic crap.

We got a few individual ppl hanging on on the edges where it's commercial, residential, they can't grow their businesses tho.
Last edited by starkind; 06-01-2022 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-01-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

This is what it’s like for a fat woman when she’s pregnant why do you guys want to control plus sized women’s bodies.

Quote: