Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Aviak

Poop, is a debate raging online right now as well? Dang work.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

good luck finding a rez or port as well. every druid and cleric will be /role or /anon.

i really wish people would stop using "its classic" as their reason for wanting it off. i think we can agree that there are enough things on this server that aren't classic that this shouldn't be a battle cry

but, yeah, this all ready sounds like a done deal, so just do it all ready
Kobold

yeah, people wont shut up about it
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At no time in classic were NK/EK/WK, all of Qeynos, Erudion and Toxx COMPLETELY EMPTY like they were for me Sunday night when I ran through them.
your server must of been hugely overpopulated

That, or mine wasn't normal in number of players and was in fact rather low.

EK, WK, Qeynos area were never really that populated on my server.

And everything on Odus was a wasteland. until the hole came out.

Edit: I specifically remember starting a human and choosing freeport because qeynos was barren on my server
Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At no time in classic were NK/EK/WK, all of Qeynos, Erudion and Toxx COMPLETELY EMPTY like they were for me Sunday night when I ran through them.
I'll take your word for it, but I have yet to see this. always a handfull of noobs in qeynos/ qeynos hills, (I run through quite often and sow people), because of bb's popularity. SK is always full, ther surrounding karanas have a few lvlers sometimes, but mostly port traffic and foot traffic from NK - SK. The karanas always did feel isolated in classic eq though, people primarily ran through them, didnt stick around long.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

I use global auction all the time- not to sell, but to keep an eye out for things I want to buy. Global allows me to do this while soloing. I use global ooc all the time to amuse myself reading the funny and sometimes asinine things people say, and sometimes even getting into the conversation myself.

Limiting these to zone wide channels will definitely be an inconvenience to me. However, I voted: yes, limit them. It's part of the classic experience. It's not convenient, but there are a lot of things about classic EQ that aren't convenient.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Pretty much. This server spikes to 700 max with an average of 500 people and a low of 200 or less. This is less than a third of the average of classic EQ servers. Like president said, qeynos is hardly a "wilderness" zone; it was cool feeling like you're in the wilderness when you're deep in the karanas killing aviaks but it's not classic to be the only person in Qeynos or anywhere on the entire continent of Odus. we should be ready to pull the trigger on this if we get up to about double what we have now, but for now it's fine the way it is.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Also worth noting: I think everyone here knows that the moment we no longer have global ooc, we're going to have an irc channel that everyone and their mother who currently talks in ooc joins.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good luck finding a rez or port as well. every druid and cleric will be /role or /anon.
because they dont want to rez or port? :P
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i really wish people would stop using "its classic" as their reason for wanting it off. i think we can agree that there are enough things on this server that aren't classic that this shouldn't be a battle cry

but, yeah, this all ready sounds like a done deal, so just do it all ready
finding a rez or port in classic was tough, just like traveling, leveling. ect. ect. why should this aspect be changed for conveniance?
Closed Thread