Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mem blur works fine, gods and dragons have insane non engaged regen like 32k per tick which kicks when hate list is clear. normal mobs are not in the class of dragons/gods so they regen quite a bit less.
Like Elethia pointed out what is happening is not 32k per tick, which it is not supposed to be either (see above supporting evidence, and there are pages more). It is higher regen when unaggro (like 15-25% per tick) but not instantaneous hit point reset, which is what we are seeing. The fastest healing mobs would be like Vox and Gorenaire that cast cleric CH, and that is only 8k (supposed to be 10k?).

I suspect the problem is not the spell itself, but in the mob. I'd love to hear a dev comment on this, for both my own play and curiousity sake.
Last edited by Raavak; 03-01-2012 at 04:21 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

I have tons of references from EQ'lizer, Castersrealm, Allakhazam from the Wayback Machine archive, but does it even matter?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mem blur works fine, gods and dragons have insane non engaged regen like 32k per tick which kicks when hate list is clear. normal mobs are not in the class of dragons/gods so they regen quite a bit less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah I forgot they had that script to instantly heal them on a 0 combatstate. The success rate varies by spell. But dealing with the player who did it still seems like a sufficient resolution to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The script can be rewritten with a short timer before the heal to full happens fairly easily to prevent it happening on a memblur.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like Elethia pointed out what is happening is not 32k per tick, which it is not supposed to be either (see above supporting evidence, and there are pages more). It is higher regen when unaggro (like 15-25% per tick) but not instantaneous hit point reset, which is what we are seeing. The fastest healing mobs would be like Vox and Gorenaire that cast cleric CH, and that is only 8k (supposed to be 10k?).

I suspect the problem is not the spell itself, but in the mob. I'd love to hear a dev comment on this, for both my own play and curiousity sake.
first tick is when hate is cleared, mem blur itself does not have a complete heal included. This reported bug has nothing to do with mem blur, it has to do with dragon/god regen. and when a mob has 100k+ hp's after the revamps the regen of 32k looks like 15-25% per tick.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
first tick is when hate is cleared, mem blur itself does not have a complete heal included. This reported bug has nothing to do with mem blur, it has to do with dragon/god regen. and when a mob has 100k+ hp's after the revamps the regen of 32k looks like 15-25% per tick.
If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't post. Your dissemination of misinformation is counterproductive to the discussion.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't post. Your dissemination of misinformation is counterproductive to the discussion.
well this would be a lot easier to fix if any actual proof was provided for the mobs in question at the time period. till then its not a one sided discussion.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Kobold

so far we have learned from the "justification quotes" there is a special script the developers decided they needed to put on dragons/gods to regenerate them back to full and fast. also learned the script "can" be changed but will it be. dead on info on dragon/god regeneration would probably make this a pretty quick fix if it is actually a bug.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Project Manager

10 pages? jfc.

Modified, pending update. Not sure of all the specifics, but kanras fixed it up. Will update further when I do.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 pages? jfc.

Modified, pending update. Not sure of all the specifics, but kanras fixed it up. Will update further when I do.
Thx nilbog/kanras
Old 03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 pages? jfc.

Thank you Kanras! and thank you nilbog!

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Closed Thread