Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 05:25 PM
Banned

Heaven and hell are fake..

NDE's are very common these days. Even short death experiences. Not one has said "i went to heaven" or hell.

Well unless you count that kid that had his tonsils taken out, then recanted the story. He didnt die, he was just on drugs.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heaven and hell are fake..

NDE's are very common these days. Even short death experiences. Not one has said "i went to heaven" or hell.

Well unless you count that kid that had his tonsils taken out, then recanted the story. He didnt die, he was just on drugs.
“The idea that the pineal gland produces enough DMT to produce psychoactive effects came from the popular book “DMT: The Spirit Molecule,” written by clinical psychiatrist Rick Strassman in 2000.

Strassman proposed that the DMT excreted by the pineal gland enabled the life force into this life and on to the next life.

Trace amounts of DMT have been detectedTrusted Source in the pineal glands of rats, but not in the human pineal gland. Plus, the pineal gland might not even be the main source.

The most recent animal studyTrusted Source on DMT in the pineal gland found that even after removing the pineal gland, the rat brain was still able to produce DMT in different regions”

https://www.healthline.com/health/pi...dmt#production

The idea that the brain is flooded with DMT when it is dying is still inconclusive. People who have used DMT recreationally all tend to have similar experiences, which is somewhat unusual for a hallucinogen. They report floating above their body, and feeling a sense of being surrounded by love and an understanding of the harmony of the universe and why everything is the way it is

I like to believe in the possibility of an afterlife, but NDE’s could just be a natural chemical reaction occurring in the brain to make death more pleasant
Old 09-28-2021, 06:05 PM
Banned

NDE's are almost certainly just an expression of what happens to our biology when we are near death. I mean, a particularly vivid dream is a borderline religious experience sometimes, and it's just a normal dream being had by a healthy person.

When people report having "been dead for five minutes" or whatever, it is clearly a reductive, inaccurate description of what happened. Dead people can't come back to life, so no you weren't "dead for five minutes". You were *almost* dead for five minutes.

It doesn't bother me that there isn't an afterlife, when I'm gone I won't be around to care one way or the other. Which certainly isn't an argument for nihilism; we *are* here now, and just as you don't want somebody else infringing on your finite time, you shouldn't infringe upon anyone else's finite time. Golden rule shit.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Banned

I've had some pretty interesting experiences without drugs and due to losing conciousness. When I tell people, especially doctors, they say "thats not possible". You where just dreaming. Etc.

Yes. I've had normal black outs, missing time. I've also had some very strange and transcendent(al) experiences.

I can tell you these aren't dreams or drugs.

I would rather believe I'm going someplace better or on some strange journey. And we are in our waking lives, so why would biological death be any different. No one understands the nature of conciousness and even non living systems exhibit behavior that isn't always newtonian. I'm not plugging QM, however, there are strange and spooky non-localized observable "things" (physics) science is just beginning to even attempt to explain.

So. Uhm. Believe what you want. I'm going to my garden in the sky with the other Starkind waiting for me to join them in peace and harmony.

I believe you can talk and listen to the stars and feel great beings far out in the universe. As well as rivers, and forests, animals, and the earth.
Last edited by starkind; 09-28-2021 at 06:35 PM..
Old 09-28-2021, 07:51 PM
Banned

Some people say they talked to interdimensional beings and all kinds of stuff. Believe what you want, just stop telling people you know for sure what happens. Nobody does. You could step back from an arcade like rick n morty.

Thats whole heaven and hell thing is a pretty sick thing to inflict on someone. Agree with me or you're going to suffer eternal damnation AND you wont get to see grandma. Pretty cruel to teach a kid that.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people say they talked to interdimensional beings and all kinds of stuff. Believe what you want, just stop telling people you know for sure what happens. Nobody does. You could step back from an arcade like rick n morty.

Thats whole heaven and hell thing is a pretty sick thing to inflict on someone. Agree with me or you're going to suffer eternal damnation AND you wont get to see grandma. Pretty cruel to teach a kid that.
I’ve always liked the idea of purgatory. I think that being able to sin one’s entire life and then just apologize and accept Jesus seems like a cop out

I think that karma requires you to suffer the results of all your sins. I believe purgatory is described as just that, feeling the effects of all your sins, the result they had on people and the world

But to my knowledge (and I don’t know a lot about religions) purgatory is not a Christian thing, more of a Catholic thing
Old 09-28-2021, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You're the one telling people what happens. Right now, you're telling them. You're creating an afterlife belief system with this post. You are what you eat.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NDE’s could just be a natural chemical reaction occurring in the brain to make death more pleasant
I would like to hear one person who studies the science of evolution describe why a species would evolve to do this because they have yet to.

Edit: it's even contrary to stronger evolution because it encourages death lol

Maybe death is like a flower, and evolved like a sweet tasting flavor, so that people would chase that dragon and spread it throughout the land.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-28-2021 at 08:41 PM..
Old 09-28-2021, 08:40 PM
Banned

So I just realized anyone who doesn't like stars is antisemitic.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:

Not once did I ever say I know for sure. Just that there's a lot of compelling evidence that we don't have a clue about conciousness.
Closed Thread