Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry, I think we saved some of AM's FTE videos before they all suddenly went private this morning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny thing is you're so far out of touch. should I mention other petitions that are being processed against awakened? There is more to come even still. I'm sure someone in your guild might be aware. The class r babies of yesterday are in full /tear mode tho. Still doesn't compare to chests cringe shit posts, props chest being salty for years now.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

God damn I think I love you Merkk/Kotton.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God damn I think I love you Merkk/Kotton.
I'd totally swipe right on you too sir[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry, I think we saved some of AM's FTE videos before they all suddenly went private this morning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't going to get traction, KEK.

Expert Pixel Lawyer Extraordinaire, Unbrella Ella`Ella, Esquire. delivered exceptional counsel to his client a couple months ago when this was first discovered and had a petition filed saying that we know this is being abused by Awakened and that one cannot reasonably expect to compete unless it's stopped. We then leaked the mechanic to the whole community on these forums so that all raiding guilds had access to this knowledge and could use it to 'reasonably' compete if they wanted to, thus no one had an advantage.

We call it "The Catherin Clause"

When GMs finally reviewed the situation, all guilds were told to make sure they aren't abusing any mechanics and Awakened continued to use it.

We have 11 of these counts documented - you're lucky all these counts were consolidated into a single suspension.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Also, your 7-day statute of limitations is up. Get fucked.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

On P99 it has always been an arms race in the Tactics used to gain a competitive edge until you do something the staff isn't fond of and they smack you for it.

In this case, it appears manipulating FPS changes to jump better is a no go. Just like past guilds and players found out things like autofire spamming after CoTH or on a spawn point was a no go. Or using Shadow Step masks down slopes to guarantee a jump ahead was a no go. Or Rez boxing for FTE is a no go. Or binding near a spawn point is a no go. Or Lulling through a wall for a critical resist is a no go. Or corpsing DA Idols under Trakanon to stall him is a no go. Etc etc

That's just the nature of the competitive scene on P99. People/Guilds think of something creative (although in many cases extremely neckbeardy) and eventually it's deemed to be against the spirit of the rules and banned.

What would be nice though is every time Sirken rules on this, he updates the rules sticky in that forum. Cause what Chest said is certainly true. Taken/BDA competed without any real issue in VP while guilds were focusing on Velious and once a guild came back from Velious to contest VP all of a sudden the rules/standards that were expected during Kunark VP, which BDA and Taken had no experience with, were now law again and some 2012 ruling was pulled up to suspend a guild when it was posted no where.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Hijal the old "FTE without logic or fairness" guy too?

Guess he is still living up to his promise if he is, lmao.
Oh shit he is, haha.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And in none of those were alt+tab used. It was only in videos of Hjial. Weirdly you guys only got suspended for one instance of it. When it was evident he did in it almost every race he won based on the videos he posted. Your guild is the scummiest to ever be part of the end game on this server.
If Detoxx, Mistin and Nalken aren't hiding anything then they should have no problem with making all of the FTE videos they hid this morning public again. Until that happens...
Old 01-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

... Awakened will be banned. Lul.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

kek